Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 pm 

Hello, sorry for the WoT but I haven't seen this discussed anywhere (forgive me if this has been) and felt it should be mentioned.

Some of you may remember me, but I stopped playing in November due to various reasons. I recently got the itch to come back again only to discover my entire account had been hacked earlier this year.

I attempted to log into my forum account to catch up on what topics I may had missed and my password did not work. I tried the recover password link and my e-mail/username did not exist, meaning I can't even get into my original forum account. I checked my e-mail folder to make sure it was the e-mail I had used, which it was. I also searched my name on the forum and saw my last post was in December. I submitted a ticket and decided to do a bit of investigating in the auction house link:

As I mentioned, I've not played since November, and you can see the clear time skip there. What was interesting was some of the things I did have were sold, and other things on that listing I'd never owned, meaning it appears my character was being used as somebody's mule.

I'd like to make a note that after talking about this in the discord for an LS I'm a member of, I discovered that this also happened to somebody else named Azulupus. We assume inactive accounts have been targeted since they're more likely to be easier to get away with.

At this point I no longer care if my character is savable, it'd be cool if it is but I'm not holding my breath. It can be banned for all I care (I already broke the rule of not having two forum accounts, granted I can't get into my first one). I'm already moving on from this as annoyed as I am, but I wanted to at least warn others to be careful with your account, especially if you plan to take an extended break.

If this doesn't belong here I apologize but I wanted at least to help others be aware this is going on.

Last edited by Spincrusha2 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:59 pm 

From what I hear there's still brute force attacks as well as massive password lists from other breaches, so if you used the same login and password here that you've used elsewhere there's a chance you might have been compromised.

Here's a site that you can see if you might have been compromised: https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords

Here's a bit of background as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_I_Been_Pwned%3F

Your best bet is to submit a ticket for account recovery.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:04 pm 

I appreciate it, thanks.

The password I (think) I used came up as safe. Granted it'd been a while so I can't really say for sure if that was the one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:56 pm 

they sold this kids little worms

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:06 pm 

Lmao is this not exactly what I said in a previous thread? There's nothing you can do about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:13 pm 

I don't think you got hacked. Nas did something with accounts where they need to be bind to forum Accounts or something. Before u insist u got hacked go to account creation and bind legacy account. I had to do it when I returned. I thought all was lost too. Same results as you untill I found out I had to bind my "legacy" account

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:20 am 

The pwned website doesn't seem that great? Like put in any word and a number and of course somebody somewhere has been "hacked" using that password. "Oh no! Password bigd!ck has been seen 6 times!" Okay, but that doesn't mean that people know that that is my Nasomi password linked to my username you know what I mean?

and obvi bigd!ck is not my password. It's t!nyd!ck which has only been seen 2 times on the pwned website meaning much safer

AND and I know the alternative can't be that you put in a password then the website spits out gmail accounts linked to that password either. That would be crazy. The website just doesn't make me feel inclined to believe one way or the other that my password has been leaked or not is what I'm mouthbreathing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:46 am 

You should be using a PW that doesn’t get found on that website. If you’re not, your password isn’t unique enough to be considered secure.

It’s not really a hard concept.

The fact that your password might have been leaked, but linked to someone else using the same password, means that you have a shitty password.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:57 pm 

Accouts have been hacked here in bulk since the beginning due to zero security, this is a private project run by one guy.

Sorry if your shit was sold Lol : )

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:40 am 

I had my account hacked about 4 months ago now and still no word from nas or anything recovered so good luck man