Online: 55
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How's the server doing?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:30 pm 

Hi everyone,

How's the server doing in regards to new players, Dunes population, leveling jobs from 14~37, and the general feel of the server? Is the energy good?

I know this is a relative and somewhat vague question so I'll get to the point. The grind got to me but I might consider playing more casually to not burn out and am interested in trying FFXI with enhanced graphics (just built a new PC).

Peace!

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:33 pm 

It's great. Really great.

Welcome back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:14 pm 

Flameheart wrote:
Dunes game is weak recently there was a new player seeking help and as per usual everybody on the forums shit on him. Including you.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12446

That dude entered with a false premise, and then had that false premise pointed out to him repeatedly.

He then apologized for sounding salty, and then spent two pages just pouring salt out freely.

To Rubic: Don't be the OP in the thread this weirdo posted, and you'll find the server just as fun as when you left. Nothing's changed really. Play at your own pace.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:50 pm 

If Nasomi is about to die bases on population you could say that servers like eden don’t exist at all since the average of eden ppl online is always 50% of nasomi lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:51 pm 

Because people seeking IN Valkurm Dunes is the only way to see if a server is dead.

Edit: Still waiting on this PvP server from your inside info.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

Last edited by Kazen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:52 pm 

Flameheart wrote:
Starbright wrote:
Flameheart wrote:
Dunes game is weak recently there was a new player seeking help and as per usual everybody on the forums shit on him. Including you.

That dude entered with a false premise, and then had that false premise pointed out to him repeatedly.

He then apologized for sounding salty, and then spent two pages just pouring salt out freely.

To Rubic: Don't be the OP in the thread this weirdo posted, and you'll find the server just as fun as when you left. Nothing's changed really. Play at your own pace.

Why is it that everybody who plays on nasomi knows it’s dying and realizes this but you?
I watched his livestream and literally nobody was seeking at the dunes.

somehow i have managed to get parties every time i have leveled a job through the dunes, even recently. on a thf.

you should just go away

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm 

Thanks to those who replied.

The Dunes in a good indication of server growth. I assume RMTs will keep coming back and trying new things to not get caught :)

My downfall was that I only discovered the server last year and I tried to "catch up" to a lot of people and the grind got to me. A casual return with HD overhaul packs would be interesting and I would not feel rushed.

I'll slowly get back into it once I find the time and energy to get the game looking pretty.

I can confirm that I use a unique password on Nasomi and my account has not been hacked :) I still have my gear and gil.

Shout out to Rabid, Camper, Skycat, Samusaki, Zondo, Zendime, Darkestknight, Mostkilled, Reina, Doman, Collin and Benstar.

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:19 pm 

Flameheart wrote:
Starbright wrote:
Flameheart wrote:

Why is it that everybody who plays on nasomi knows it’s dying and realizes this but you?
I watched his livestream and literally nobody was seeking at the dunes.

It probably depends on your definition of dying. If you compare it to times when Ninja was streaming? The server is officially dead. If you compare it to a normal FFXI private server? It's booming.

Them's the breaks I guess.

I've just finished leveling my 3rd job to 25 in the last two weeks. Had absolutely zero issue finding a dunes party at all... one of which is WHM which is basically useless.

If we are asking questions to each other though, why are you here? That seems like a more obvious question than the one you posed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 pm 

Rubicund wrote:
Thanks to those who replied.

The Dunes in a good indication of server growth. I assume RMTs will keep coming back and trying new things to not get caught :)

My downfall was that I only discovered the server last year and I tried to "catch up" to a lot of people and the grind got to me. A casual return with HD overhaul packs would be interesting and I would not feel rushed.

I'll slowly get back into it once I find the time and energy to get the game looking pretty.

I can confirm that I use a unique password on Nasomi and my account has not been hacked :) I still have my gear and gil.

Shout out to Rabid, Camper, Skycat, Samusaki, Zondo, Zendime, Darkestknight, Mostkilled, Reina, Doman, Collin and Benstar.

My man!! Server has a lot less people. I feel because of this people are a lot less picky when making parties. I find it easy to level the "harder" jobs.

You should come back and just play at your pace. Always welcome in my groups

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:27 am 

With what took place @ Nidhogg today - I say the server is doing juuuuuuust fine.