Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:55 am 

PasqualeOmega wrote:
If Nasomi is about to die bases on population you could say that servers like eden don’t exist at all since the average of eden ppl online is always 50% of nasomi lol

It's about 65-75% of what Nasomi is at any given time, that's a bit more of an accurate measure. 65% at this time of writing.

It isn't fair to compare the two at this point in time, they're two completely different things. Eden is wholeheartedly as accurate to era as possible with very few temporary exceptions that are sculpted for the sake of the economy with a lower population until it grows. Content isn't released unless its working 'mostly' or completely properly as SE intended it and in the proper order it was released (aside from the initial launch for TOAU based jobs), and issues that arise because of patches are swiftly dealt with.

Nasomi is older, and its player base has many more hours of time investment in it that prevents people from wanting to re-roll. Content has had much more time to roll out albeit at a uhhh....roundabout cut corners kind of way (ZNM's, COP ease of difficulty, etc). Many important mechanics just don't exist compared to their release on retail, because of this Nasomi gets straight to the point and caters rewards on a more frequent basis, and that's fine, but not era accurate.

Both are fine depending on what you're looking for, but to call one out and laugh at it is kind of unfair at this point in time. Give it two or so years and see which has better stability, and more content released (without cutting corners).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:31 am 

2 years lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:37 am 

Koronos wrote:
PasqualeOmega wrote:
If Nasomi is about to die bases on population you could say that servers like eden don’t exist at all since the average of eden ppl online is always 50% of nasomi lol

It's about 65-75% of what Nasomi is at any given time, that's a bit more of an accurate measure. 65% at this time of writing.

It isn't fair to compare the two at this point in time, they're two completely different things. Eden is wholeheartedly as accurate to era as possible with very few temporary exceptions that are sculpted for the sake of the economy with a lower population until it grows. Content isn't released unless its working 'mostly' or completely properly as SE intended it and in the proper order it was released (aside from the initial launch for TOAU based jobs), and issues that arise because of patches are swiftly dealt with.

Every time I see this crap it is irritating. Eden isn't even close to era accurate by a long shot. Having wardrobe 1-4 is massively game altering and if you think not, you either don't know how to play the game or you're lying to yourself. That is more game changing than any OWNM's that nasomi may have. Plus Eden's using icon's db, where i'm origionally from. And he had 2x crafting skillup's, which provides another massive advantage for older players.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:59 am 

I wonder how many nasomi players go constantly troll and try to recruit people to switch servers on the eden forums instead of just enjoying the game as they would like to without worrying how other people like to enjoy their games.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 am 

Flameheart wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Koronos wrote:

Every time I see this crap it is irritating. Eden isn't even close to era accurate by a long shot. Having wardrobe 1-4 is massively game altering and if you think not, you either don't know how to play the game or you're lying to yourself. That is more game changing than any OWNM's that nasomi may have. Plus Eden's using icon's db, where i'm origionally from. And he had 2x crafting skillup's, which provides another massive advantage for older players.

It’s era with the player in mind.

http://edenxi.com/era

That's a complete joke. I don't care how much you justify it, calling it era when it's not is a blatent lie. Balancing, economy, teamwork, all crude justifications at best. Nasomi may not be perfect, but he doesn't try and weasel out of it. Not to mention everything that comes out about eden screwing up they just try and sweep under the rug and pretend it never happened.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 am 

Hamster wrote:
Koronos wrote:
PasqualeOmega wrote:

If Eden is a longshot from Era, what in the fuck do you consider Nasomi to be? Light years from era would be accurate. Your statement is only half right it's just Mog Wardrobe 1-2. It's an implementation that I myself can't get behind either, and don't really understand.

What say you about the broken Nasomi content that cuts corners? OWNM's are a solution for not knowing/having time/no captures to code proper BCNMs which in itself leads back to cutting corners. No Zeni system, piss easy COP implementation, 50k Dynamis entry (two of which are broken and allow free entry) and whatever else I'm missing. Let's not avoid the real issues that you so conveniently just did in your reply. Quality of life changes are one thing, but messing with actual content is an entirely different one. Being someone who alternates between both servers allows me to see both for their successes and their failures. Your comments are entirely one-sided and biased, have you tried Eden, could you even say one positive thing about it (minus sarcasm)? How can anyone defend to the death something that destroys the sanctity of the game?

I lurk often, and all I have ever seen is Pasquale bash Eden at every opportunity. It's a bit pathetic considering the state of both servers and the age of them comparatively. Especially when you have only played on one and are 100% biased.

Neither are accurate, but they do their best. Just going to have to see where they both end up. /shrug

Edit: What was swept under the rug? I'm not too keen on the history of Eden.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:33 am 

I took a 6 month break and I can say that the server has definitely declined since then. It was harder to find parties in the dunes and then in Qufim.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 am 

Kenzo wrote:
I took a 6 month break and I can say that the server has definitely declined since then. It was harder to find parties in the dunes and then in Qufim.

I noticed a dive in activity after the Ninja streaming buzz was over and even more so with WoW Classic.

I think a server is only as strong as the community. I'll try to do my part whenever I have the energy and look for enjoyment!

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:46 am 

Koronos wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Koronos wrote:

If Eden is a longshot from Era, what in the fuck do you consider Nasomi to be? Light years from era would be accurate. Your statement is only half right it's just Mog Wardrobe 1-2. It's an implementation that I myself can't get behind either, and don't really understand.

What say you about the broken Nasomi content that cuts corners? OWNM's are a solution for not knowing/having time/no captures to code proper BCNMs which in itself leads back to cutting corners. No Zeni system, piss easy COP implementation, 50k Dynamis entry (two of which are broken and allow free entry) and whatever else I'm missing. Let's not avoid the real issues that you so conveniently just did in your reply. Quality of life changes are one thing, but messing with actual content is an entirely different one. Being someone who alternates between both servers allows me to see both for their successes and their failures. Your comments are entirely one-sided and biased, have you tried Eden, could you even say one positive thing about it (minus sarcasm)? How can anyone defend to the death something that destroys the sanctity of the game?

I lurk often, and all I have ever seen is Pasquale bash Eden at every opportunity. It's a bit pathetic considering the state of both servers and the age of them comparatively. Especially when you have only played on one and are 100% biased.

Neither are accurate, but they do their best. Just going to have to see where they both end up. /shrug

Edit: What was swept under the rug? I'm not too keen on the history of Eden.

guy with two posts who registered today just spewing Eden propaganda.

(Hmm.)

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:47 am 

Flameheart wrote:
Kenzo wrote:

Yeah a lot of people are talking out of their ass about finding parties in the dunes currently.

If you're not a liar you don't even play here. What would you know about finding dunes PTs?

There are currently enough people seeking to make another dunes party and there are 4 parties leveling there.

go away

http://rfklinkshell.com/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next