Lobby: Up
Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:04 am 

Yup, messed up and went to buy a phantom earring +1 and in my zeal I screwed the pooch and bought a Platinum earring +1 (they are next to each other alphabetically). I "sea all" camped the seller and when they popped they ignored my /tell and logged. It's a mule going by the Lvl1, no sub, Rnk1 but able to make a plat earring +1. Just a guess but it's a mule. Now, I understand it was my fault, a mistake but if someone dropped their wallet in front of you wouldn't you give it to them? I myself (Tonto) often bazaar things for insane prices not really to sell but show off like many do, once someone got one by accident and I gave the Gil back. It's what ya do, right? If anyone knows someone with a mule named "Xerxes" please encourage them to be an honest person. I am willing to make a deal where they still come out ahead, it's just keeping 350K more than you were supposed to get is pretty cruddy. I am not sure besides telling all of you that there is anything I can do. I hit that "yes" button when it asked if I was sure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:08 am 

I am not sure why you are calling this person dishonest. You made a mistake and you will learn from it. There is no reason to call this person out. They have every right to keep all the Gil that was sent to them. It is your responsibility to look at what you are bidding for, it even ask you to confirm. In my opinion you are in the wrong for calling a person out on the forums here. If the person doesn’t answer your tells you move on and watch what you are doing next time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am 

I would highly suggest spamming /shout "looking to sell platinum earring +1 350k" endlessly in each of the main cities for up to or near 18 hours straight. It seems effective

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:15 pm 

Same, has nothing to do with that person being dishonest. This is absolutely between you and that person and should not waste webspace on this forum.
Thing is.. you did a mistake. I suggest sending one more friendly /tell and then move on. Sucks, but that's life.

Main Role: Heal > Nuke it baby, one more time!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:45 pm 

I agree, this person isnt being dishonest, just a dick, like that, u will find plenty to go around, more so in the forums. GL and hope u can get that refound, it sucks that u made a mistake, but we all make 'em and we all like when we are given a break.

Best PLD BRD BLM DNC SCH on Nasomi 8-)

Voted Nasomi Player of the Millennium :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:50 pm 

be thankful that nobody is accusing you of selling gil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:03 pm 

Julia wrote:
be thankful that nobody is accusing you of selling gil

Don't buy a Pole Grip.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:23 pm 

I never called them dishonest. I was encouraging them to be honest. And I fully understand the fault in the situation was mine. I acknowledged that. But again it IS cruddy to keep the gil and if the situation were reversed I would have been sea all camping him to give the refund. Again I never once said anything bad about this person, just spreading the word that I would like to get up with them and talk about it. In the end I am sure I will never see that Gil again there are so few good people out there but as someone who tries to always do right I want to give people the chance to be good to me before just giving up and calling it buttsecks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:35 pm 

K_LESS wrote:
If anyone knows someone with a mule named "Xerxes" please encourage them to be an honest person. I am willing to make a deal where they still come out ahead

Nothing in Tonto's post is calling anyone dishonest. He's asking if you know the person with this mule. Every reply to this so far is pure stupidity. The 1st person that had a reply saying the post is calling them dishonest is probably the one with that mule. Then the rest of you just glanced over the original post without actually reading it and jumped on the 1st trolls bandwagon. How these forums go I guess, enjoy the freakshow, but don't expect these trolls to help with anything.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:06 pm 

Asking a community to encourage someone to be an honest person is equal to saying that person is dishonest so far, since he didn´t get back to him the 1st time he sent him a /tell.
I have bought stuff on the AH for more then it was going. Even someone bought from me x10 that it was going, I sent him a /tell and he told me to keep it. What I wanted to say is or well what I said was is: That person not giving it back to you after 1st tell = move on! What do you seriously expect to happen at this point?

Main Role: Heal > Nuke it baby, one more time!