Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:53 pm 

I'm in the middle of raising my San d'Oria and Bastok fame on my main, currently rank 7 in both. I have no fame of any other kind, except obviously Jeuno. I've noticed that while most NPC prices have dropped as expected, a handful of items are trending in the opposite direction. The items affected don't seem to share anything in common other than that they tend to be the cheaper items in a given shop. This will happen even within the same shop, ex. Scroll of Aero might be cheaper now but Scroll of Poison is more expensive from the same vendor compared to when I had less fame.

As far as I can tell, this is purely fame-driven; I have a mule with 0 fame, rank 1, no subjob and it gets the same prices as my alt, which is close in level to my main, has the same Bastok rank 2, but has no fame. Is this something that has always happened? I don't recall this happening the last time I played, but of course that was about 7 years ago on retail.

If anyone has an explanation, that'd be great - the difference of ~20 gil on cheap npc items isn't really a big deal but the curiosity is killing me!

edit: I should specify that all these prices are within Bastok. I have not tracked or looked at npc prices anywhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:15 pm 

great.. there goes Phase 2, while Nas spends 7 months reworking Fame.

(you're right. Fame has seemed broken to me for NPC prices since I started here)