Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Leveling beyond 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:54 am 

Beyond Valkrum, I know of Qufim & that jungle area for leveling 25+, however both of those are void of any leveling parties. Am I missing something Nasomi specific? Is there a leveling area besides those 2 that everyone goes to?

Post subject: Re: Leveling beyond 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:51 am 

In my experience I've usually gone valkurm dunes, into Qufim Island, sometimes into Carpenters Landing, into Bibiki Bay around 28-29 I think

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:14 pm 

At first, the post-dunes/pre-30’s ranges tend to look pretty bleak. Almost everyone hates leveling in this range, and they often will either push through it as fast as possible or just do like I usually do and PL themselves with an alt all the way to 37. However, during most EST prime times (especially on weekends), Dunes/Qufim/Landing are bustling with people. If you’re perpetually seeking during off-hours, you’re probably best either just asking around to make your own party, or soloing/dual-boxing through the earlier level ranges.

There are a number of linkshells and discords that people have put together to try and help people get parties going, too. You can send me a /t in-game if you’d like an invite. I’m sure Fujin, Camper, or a number of other folks wouldn’t mind shooting out invites, too.

All that said, when you’re ready to get to the grind, there are some great recommendations here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12057&hilit=Leveling+locations#p68137
Though, some of them are pretty rarely used, honestly.

My personal favorites:

1-12: solo in lowbie areas, focus on EP/DCs

12-20-ish: dunes or buburimu (or just keep soloing EP/DCs in the Crag zones)

20-25: sync down to dunes more, Qufim, or flies in Gusgen Mines (PL recommended, it’s link city down there)

25-32: do anything you can to sync up for Carpenter’s Landing, it’s amazing exp for this range. There are two perfectly viable camps at each inlet/beach area when you enter from east of Jugner OP

32-52: many options here, but for the fastest possible exp you’re gonna want Crawler’s Nest 100%. Unfortunately, there’s really only one viable 32-sync camp (assuming your group is killing fast). More open up as you get toward 38-ish. Use and abuse level sync as much as possible, even if it means just letting a person (or two) leech a bit.. five-figure exp/hr is readily attainable through this entire range with even a mediocre setup and open camps.

52-56?-ish: KRT is most common, but if you’re with a number of good/trustworthy players and feeling a bit adventurous, go down to Den of Rancor. There’s a camp almost dead-center of the map past the paintbrush room that is pretty nuts. A roaming party is optimal but can also be done with a good/busy puller (BRD highly highly recommended for pulling here, as there will have to be links if you want to pull efficiently). Bonus points for people that can keep syncing multiple jobs!

54-ish: you can go fight for birbs in Wajaom if you like. Great exp but not as many viable camps as many people seem to think... if you take the Leypoint you can pretty much expect 1-2 groups to come camp on the outskirts before too long.

As you close in on the early/mid 60’s, options start getting pretty diverse. B.Tree has 1-2 awesome camps (2 mediocre camps or 1 really really good camp, if you can kill fast enough), Mt. Z has a fantastic bomb camp right near the staging point as well as fly/crawler camps throughout, Caedarva has a number of camps from 65-merit, and then there are a number of niche/“burn” camps all over the place.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:13 pm 

this server is so PL-driven that it's hard to believe in anyone's ability to play their role. It's most likely the lack of tolerance to leveling a new job and going through the zone except enjoying the journey, "party with others" and learning the job. (I don't even remember if sync was available in that era but we cant have NPC fellows... which can be found in another thread)

The fact that level sync is available with a 10 level gap but still requiring or having dependence on a Power Leveler shows that there's spoiled players spoiling the experience and/or hampering the nostalgia of parting anywhere...

My experience of "the Era" was starting a new job: lv.1-11
Look for party: lv.12-21 Dunes
normaly pty building with War,Thf,Mnk,Whm,Blm,Rdm (Pld,Drg,Bst,Bst,Bst) :P
Move on to Qufim: lv.21-30?
move on to the Jungle: lv.31~?
move to Bibiki bay: 20~31?

anyone find this familiar?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm 

Meh, it’s perfectly fine to go and do that if you like, and I’ve done it plenty myself (especially leveling THF). A WHM RDM BLM PLD THF DRG party on crab/etc mobs is still totally viable and you’ll probably have a great time doing it. I still love popping off huge MBs on BLM, and have all kinds of nostalgia for Firaga3 bursts on Hobgoblins in Bibiki Bay <3

The big difference is that with a setup like that, you’ll probably get somewhere around good “era” exp (back when 4-5k/hr was often considered “JP-onry” territory). However, compare that with a well-geared “modern Nasomi TP burn” group with a PL or two (which many folks bring along, since dual-boxing is allowed here), where you can push 20k/hr or more without any exp bonuses, even including a leech spot (or two, in some cases... just depends on camp/group makeup). Maybe sounds nuts, but I’ve done it multiple times, especially down in CN. Yeah, it helps when your melee are merited up to their eyeballs and you have a BRD and/or COR, of course, but that’s more common than not these days when you’re grouping up with LS mates and the like.

That’s not to dissuade anyone from doing whatever they want to do to have fun. Yeah, some fun retail camps just aren’t viable here due to Nasomi/DSP mechanics (like the aforementioned Hobgoblin camp, where they’ll often suicide at 99% health and the the suicide tosses are nearly unstunnable)), or are simply ignored because they’re too much of a pain in the neck (Kuftal crabs, or even Perytons in VoS, though I’ve done that one a couple times), but the mobs are all still there, waiting to be killed.

Edit: You make a fair and accurate point about people becoming so reliant on PLs that they never learn to properly play their role.. We’ve all seen it and all know it, but it’s hard to pass up that sweet sweet exp, especially if it’s just for the sake of making sure that some Elvaan WHM (highest MND, yo!) sitting around in event gear in the 60’s knows that Haste is a spell you oughta cast sometimes.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:34 pm 

28-33 bibikibay no question

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:57 pm 

Go to Yuhtunga Jungle, and when you outgrow that go into Yhoator Jungle.

You'll be fighting Mandragora who despite having double attack hit like pillows, are weak to piercing damage, and do not aggro or link. The worst thing they can do is AoE sleep so you'll be laughing all the way to the XP bank, Paladins and Warriors will laugh at them although Ninja might be a little miserable, Rangers however will have a field day (I remember once upon a time doing an arrow-burn party here).

Edit: Better yet just go to http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/ and increase the required levels by two.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:30 pm 

Man I remember in NA release period, leveling to 8 or 9, then leaving saruta to go to the "Dhalmel bowl" in tahrongi til about 11 or 12 then blowing up maze makers in shakrami til 15 or so with blms spamming aero.

It was fun learning the hard way where to go and what to do... So many deaths in goblin alley in Buburimu.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 pm 

I've just come back to the game after a +1year hiatus - in the meantime, Aht Uhrgan has released. Where should I head as a lvl 62 Blu? Is Boyahda still the most viable option?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 am 

Fluxi wrote:
I've just come back to the game after a +1year hiatus - in the meantime, Aht Uhrgan has released. Where should I head as a lvl 62 Blu? Is Boyahda still the most viable option?

Mount Z is quite nice around 62

http://rfklinkshell.com/