Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:08 pm 

Starbright wrote:
Julia wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
Im a t2 haub smith. The issue of 2x support working has been reported to him many many times. Lyle has a thread over 3 years old with a list of issues containing that one. I posted a screenshot that it works months back to show deadwing it definitely still works. I messaged nas in irc to let him know my plans as I got into the 90s. No reply ofcourse. I did everything humanly possible to let nas know of the issue before finishing it. I’d have been fine just finishing to 100 instead. But I found this to be an interesting project and I have very little entertainment left to be had from this limited content server so I went for it. You can also combine movement speed items which is quite op at times among dozens of other things you can do that you couldn’t in retail. Imho, when something works one way for a very long time and reports go unanswered, it is a feature. Not a bug.

wait. so me having blood cuisses, strider boots, and my aketon to get movement +36% on rng in windy isn't retail accurate? darn

weird flex on the blood cuisses mention, Kano...

apparently it was all in vain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 pm 

When the server admin doesn't communicate with the population anymore, and something has been reported for years, and it's just been left as is, with no action taken against it. The playerbase has to make the call on if it's acceptable or not. In this case it's considered acceptable by the playerbase, nasomi should stop being anti-social and have a voice in the matter if he doesn't like it. That is of course if he even has an opinion about it.Vague 1 liners like~ "Cheating is bad mmkay" doesn't cut it. He knows enough about his server by now to make some decisions, otherwise we'll keep making them for him, and he can just sit back and enjoy the show. The fact of the matter is, some of the people on this server enjoyed stomping SE's official ffxi into the ground, and they had teams of devs committed to challenging the players. Stomping a solo project into the ground is barely fun anymore, it's more exciting trying to pick apart what is an exploit, and what is not an exploit, without any communication from the admin / solo developer on the project. I'm all about a self governing community, but if any disciplinary action is handed out for something like this, then it's nasomi's flaw that caused it, and not the players. We just login and play, greatful for that opportunity and all~ but when there's no clear line drawn between exploit/bug/acceptable about something, then taking action with the premise "you should have known better" is a false judgement. In reality nasomi should have known better, but eh~ his world ya know, good luck!

P.s. my highest craft is like 22 cause I can't stand crafting, so I have 0 stock in this argument.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:31 pm 

I made the argument for a year that if Nas doesn't tell us which things are purposefully not retail accurate and which things are not accepted ways to play the game, they become the same thing to the playerbase...

And Nabutso spent that entire year calling me every name he could come up with about how dumb and unfair that is to Nas.

edit: with further thought I realized that Nabutso did DEFINITELY not call me every name he could think of, as he never once used a racial slur on these forums.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:32 am 

can we forget about that racist anusbot?

(hint: that's an anagram)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:22 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
When the server admin doesn't communicate with the population anymore, and something has been reported for years, and it's just been left as is, with no action taken against it. The playerbase has to make the call on if it's acceptable or not. In this case it's considered acceptable by the playerbase, nasomi should stop being anti-social and have a voice in the matter if he doesn't like it. That is of course if he even has an opinion about it.Vague 1 liners like~ "Cheating is bad mmkay" doesn't cut it. He knows enough about his server by now to make some decisions, otherwise we'll keep making them for him, and he can just sit back and enjoy the show. The fact of the matter is, some of the people on this server enjoyed stomping SE's official ffxi into the ground, and they had teams of devs committed to challenging the players. Stomping a solo project into the ground is barely fun anymore, it's more exciting trying to pick apart what is an exploit, and what is not an exploit, without any communication from the admin / solo developer on the project. I'm all about a self governing community, but if any disciplinary action is handed out for something like this, then it's nasomi's flaw that caused it, and not the players. We just login and play, greatful for that opportunity and all~ but when there's no clear line drawn between exploit/bug/acceptable about something, then taking action with the premise "you should have known better" is a false judgement. In reality nasomi should have known better, but eh~ his world ya know, good luck!

P.s. my highest craft is like 22 cause I can't stand crafting, so I have 0 stock in this argument.

So when Nasomi was told a year and a half about certain limbus cough cough exploit and was told how to fix it but he spammed his ban hammer instead of fixing it and keeping the players he has lost .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 pm 

TotalyNotSov wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

So when Nasomi was told a year and a half about certain limbus cough cough exploit and was told how to fix it but he spammed his ban hammer instead of fixing it and keeping the players he has lost .

Nobody wants to keep garbage players who cheat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:16 pm 

Miku wrote:
TotalyNotSov wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

Nobody wants to keep garbage players who cheat

hmmm please go on

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:37 pm 

TotalyNotSov wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

using a limbus exploit to obtain unlimited amounts of an expensive item isn't the same as someone getting advanced support from two NPCs to anyone with a brain, Sov.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 pm 

Starbright wrote:
TotalyNotSov wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:

using a limbus exploit to obtain unlimited amounts of an expensive item isn't the same as someone getting advanced support from two NPCs to anyone with a brain, Sov.

but when you tell Nasomi about it and he doesn't care and only reason bans handed out was because of wet blankets

but please go on

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:41 pm 

TotalyNotSov wrote:
Starbright wrote:
TotalyNotSov wrote:

but when you tell Nasomi about it and he doesn't care and only reason bans handed out was because of wet blankets

but please go on

can you define wet blankets for me, please

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next