Lobby: Up
Online: 83
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: OWNM Respawn Timers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 am 

I'd like to bring up an idea that has been talked about a bunch in game. Ownm's are undoubtedly hated by some. The validity of custom content on an era server can and has been debated to no end. I won't pretend to have some control over responses but I'd like to avoid that debate here if possible. They were and still are a great solution for the missing items/content in bcnms. Most of them are just there if you want to do them. Just like bcnms, the hotly contested items are spammed more, and so they are competed for. The ones that are consistent money makers are run by groups like a circuit. They repop exactly every 12 hours. On the dot. For that reason, they are easily scheduled by groups to run them all in a row.

Some, really just one, are spammed for claim with sometimes as many people as you would see at KA. My proposal would be to have them repop within a window. I think it would be a great freshen up for the content to give them 1 or 2 hour long windows in which they can pop at any time. Auto-claim started off pretty messed up favoring lowest player id's. But now that it's fixed, it truly has been a great solution. Everyone can camp those mobs and be reasonably confident that noone is cheating to get claim and that it is totally fair. Aside from the lag in DA that can cause groups to lose their claim. But that is a different problem.

Giving them windows can achieve two things. The ones being spammed will become quite a bit more difficult and time consuming to do so, along with the constant need to be aware of adds that will have potential to repop during the fight. And the ones that are less hotly contested but still desired will involve more commitment and less of them popping all in a row for people to run them like a circuit. Everyone knows that the only one that is a big deal is the one that drops a kclub. Lord of Onzozo was given the autoclaim feature for a reason. If you put a kclub on a mob that pops unclaimed at a specific minute and second, everyone will be spamming their keyboards for claim. And that will lead to people using bots that we all know cannot be traced. The big problem is even if there are no bots being used, the accusations are always going to be flying anyway. Putting the autoclaim feature on that ownm would probably be the best solution. But I think the content in general could use a refresher anyway. Maybe add it to the roadmap. I'd love to hear the communities opinion on this.

Post subject: Re: OWNM Respawn Timers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:54 am 

Autoclaim on an ownm that instantly syncs you and your party could have unintended consequences for random passerby's. Imagine heading to fenrir and just by coincidence the ownm pops and autoclaims a group that wasn't trying to fight it, or autoclaims the 75s that are there to handle the adds. Windowed pops would be a start to the solution but autoclaim (I feel) would just be messy. It would be even more compounded when you consider they would need to autoclaim vs level 75 chars, regardless if they're too weak or not, otherwise 75 rng and blm would have no place in ownm partys. I agree the topic needs more discussion, I would even go as far as suggesting they ve popped in the same manner as the (possibly) upcoming znm's, where you have to purchase a pop item. While we're on the subject of ownm, how about mixing it up a bit, instead of all the same blah wyverns from nasomis amateur days, throw some pixies, or lynx, or ixions, just with ownm drops, something like that may queue more interest than just the drops.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:44 am 

It's not a bad idea, as long as they'd function like Sim/Serket and not like ground kings in terms of windows/when to sneak & focus.

While we're throwing ideas at it, I'd be a big fan of them popping in random locations within an area, precisely to encourage a more dynamic and fun experience. And, while we're also at it, I'd love to see ENM drops being added to OWNM.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:14 am 

Just remove the Kclub from tc ownm since we have LoO now. That will prob stop the debate, since most others ownms aren't that heavily camped. It comes down to whoever has the "best ping" and not fair at all. The kclub ownm always has 1 group claiming it 24/7.

Enm items would be nice for some ownms.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:49 am 

nebulacloud wrote:
Just remove the Kclub from tc ownm since we have LoO now

Ironic from someone who now has a club and bought it from an OWNM group

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:47 pm 

I've always agreed with this idea...

I'm glad that the Nas-whisperer has finally posted it on the forums.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:52 pm 

nebulacloud wrote:
Just remove the Kclub from tc ownm since we have LoO now. That will prob stop the debate, since most others ownms aren't that heavily camped. It comes down to whoever has the "best ping" and not fair at all. The kclub ownm always has 1 group claiming it 24/7.

I think people that have benefited from that same group claiming it 24/7 should probably sit this type of talk out.

Obviously you'd like your kclub, gotten that way, to be suddenly more valuable.

Though I do appreciate you putting best ping in ""'s, as if it's just a fancy word of saying cheating.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 pm 

Starbright wrote:
nebulacloud wrote:

I think people that have benefited from that same group claiming it 24/7 should probably sit this type of talk out.

Though I do appreciate you putting best ping in ""'s, as if it's just a fancy word of saying cheating.

In all fairness to Fujin, he bought his kclub from Fireangel, who allegedly got it from Robshig, who allegedly went 1/1 on LoO. Now, you could argue he's advocating for changes that would make his kclub more valuable, but really, who cares?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 pm 

Camper wrote:
Starbright wrote:
nebulacloud wrote:

In all fairness to Fujin, he bought his kclub from Fireangel, who allegedly got it from Robshig, who allegedly went 1/1 on LoO. Now, you could argue he's advocating for changes that would make his kclub more valuable, but really, who cares?

Me. I care, hence me making the post.

Thanks Camp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:13 pm 

What would happen if Nas gave every NM the autoclaim feature when it spawns?