Lobby: Up
Online: 46
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BST in OWNM?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:07 am 

BST in a party will rarely take aggro since a chunk of their DD comes from their jug pet right?

As long as a BLM/RNG maintained hate and was kiting then would a BST and jug pet be free to DD on an OWNM?

Or is Bst damage output so low that any BLM/RNG would be better DD even considering they would have to be kiting sometimes

Post subject: Re: BST in OWNM?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 am 

Damage would be so much lower than BLM or RNG it wouldn't be likely to be worth it.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:36 am 

bst can be a viable dd in uo. never seen it used for an ownm

edIt: i'd like to see six bst/whm trying to fight one straight up. i'd donate to the cause for science.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 am 

6 jugs are not that durable. You do one reward and the pet will have too much hate. 1 blm and 1 rdm plus your 4 bsts have a chance. Blackmage would kite with the rdm and the bsts would follow with pets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:49 am 

related question: would a mob charmed by a bst be affected by an ownm level cap applied after charm?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:07 pm 

Julia wrote:
related question: would a mob charmed by a bst be affected by an ownm level cap applied after charm?

Nas already nerfed BST into the dirt, don't give him any ideas Julia! He'll go full RNG on it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:12 pm 

So if u slow+elegy the ownm u ca pretty much melee the thing vs kite. + for bst

Also i've put bst in before. Just gotta smn the beastpet after u sync and dont sic right away or else mob will just kill the pet.
I'm more of a fan of drk for the 2 stuns for melee, but bst isnt bad. Think I had someone try bst/thf and murder them lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:27 pm 

disposablehero wrote:
So if u slow+elegy the ownm u ca pretty much melee the thing vs kite. + for bst

Also i've put bst in before. Just gotta smn the beastpet after u sync and dont sic right away or else mob will just kill the pet.
I'm more of a fan of drk for the 2 stuns for melee, but bst isnt bad. Think I had someone try bst/thf and murder them lol.

i've done ownm both kited and straight up (my opinion is that straight-up is more interesting, riskier, but a preferred form of sparring if you aren't crunched by time, another event, or competition), so i am curious:
1. how many straight-up non-tp-move single-swing hits can a jug take before it dies? or, alternatively, how long does a jug typically last when it has hate? trying to gauge their squishiness
2. can reward be used as a panic voke for a pet in tandem with a nin announcing it is out of shadows? would be nice to have that plus some form of stun

just thinking aloud here

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm 

EmeraldxWeapon wrote:
BST in a party will rarely take aggro since a chunk of their DD comes from their jug pet right?

As long as a BLM/RNG maintained hate and was kiting then would a BST and jug pet be free to DD on an OWNM?

Or is Bst damage output so low that any BLM/RNG would be better DD even considering they would have to be kiting sometimes

My BST is 46 so I can only attest to the 40 cap OWNM's. Most of the DD comes from myself and rarely, if ever, pull hate. I typically wait until 95% before engaging. Then the major factor being when it puts up Harden Shell, can see damage going from 30-40 per swing to 8-15. Carrie is a solid DD but other jug pets work as well. The way I look at it is while the BLMs are kiting or resting, BST still outputting damage.

Jugs and charmed pets are released on pull so you have to wait for the level cap to kick in before calling out a jug. I made the mistake of sending in Carrie before hate was established on the BLM, she died instantly. I don't remember if it was because of a special move only used on pets or she took a multi hit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 pm 

Btw if nas ever reads this kudos to nas for getting rid of the grav lawnmower thing.

For the straight tank stuff i used to get a smn in for erthen ward to give everyone some free dmg.

bst pet cant take much and might just fall over from the static dmg breath atk. When they get hate they tend to insta rip.

Lol and yea u sic too early or summon before the pull as a bst gg