Lobby: Up
Online: 71
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:05 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
Unfortunately there is just way too many people on the server, especially with the covid-19 crisis. King camps can't support that amount of people. The autoclaim system is making things worse because the more you bring, the better chance you have at getting an autoclaim.

The server is close to 7 years old, it is now a server that is extremely top-heavy due to stagnation of the server. More people are entering endgame faster and faster, especially when people can just buy levels via dyna bubu leeching.

Unfortunately this is the truth right here. Server is way too top heavy and people are rushing to endgame as quickly as possible...or forced by greedy shell holders? Too many shells raging Nid that have lv74's, no sky gear, missing even basic Jeuno HNM gear, and missing Dynamis gear spending their time at Kings. I don't blame them entirely though, as Vik pointed out if there was Assault, Salvage, ZNM, Einherjar, etc...the server would be stretched a bit more thin, especially Einherjar. Most shells would probably abandon kings altogether in favor of that. But the server hasn't had any actual content updates (PUP and ZNM testing isn't content) in years.

My biggest fear is that the top heavy situation continues to swell until the game is literally unplayable, we're already there at Fafhogg; it becomes a waiting game of letting everyone wipe then last LS standing gets it. But as seen last night that's not even always the case because someone, intentionally or not, crashes the zone and starts the process all over again. We'll see what happens next I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:45 pm 

Petition for official "FFXI Era Server" incomming!

Main Role: Heal > Nuke it baby, one more time!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm 

Idea: why not offer both a poppable version of the NQ/HQs (like retail) as well as let them pop every 21-24 hours? This should hopefully reduce some of the congestion.

Also, why aren't Wyrms auto-claim?

Discord: Ash#7545
http://misfortunels.guildwork.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:41 pm 

Ash wrote:

Please no....
I dont want Tiamat and Vrtra being a lagfest of 100+ rfk and 100+ misforune trying to play the numbers game for wyrms. Id rather lose to a bot.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:49 pm 

Skitles wrote:
Ash wrote:

Please no....
I dont want Tiamat and Vrtra being a lagfest of 100+ rfk and 100+ misforune trying to play the numbers game for wyrms. Id rather lose to a bot.

It's a numbers game regardless of the claim method when it gets super late in the window honestly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:58 pm 

to a degree ya, but ive outclaimed with 90 in zone as the onlly claimer. Its whoevers quickest :D Instead of just rolling a dice.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:44 am 

Skitles wrote:
Ash wrote:

Please no....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Y’all were the most at that V for hours recently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:17 am 

Skitles wrote:
Ash wrote:

Please no....

I wish we had 100 chars we could bring out for wyrms. Or 100 chars on in general.

As it stands I'm the only RFK person sitting in Attohwa right now, rip.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:50 am 

cthalupa wrote:
Skitles wrote:
Ash wrote:

Please no....

I wish we had 100 chars we could bring out for wyrms. Or 100 chars on in general.

Think embellishment goes with every story. But to be fair, ya'll did have 20 in dyna tav, 20+ at coney, and was holding tiamat with 12-14'ish at one point last week...so there is a kernel of truth there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:28 am 

siknoz wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Skitles wrote:

Please no....

Think embellishment goes with every story. But to be fair, ya'll did have 20 in dyna tav, 20+ at coney, and was holding tiamat with 12-14'ish at one point last week...so there is a kernel of truth there.

Yeah, we have a lot of EU players and a lot of NA players, and that happened on a Saturday when playing times overlapped - I think those numbers are a bit overstated, since we didn't get more than 8 people at Tia until we had a bunch of people leave Tav - we probably had nearly 50ish characters online/active at the time. We can also get 50-55 characters or so out for AV. That can pretty much only happen during the afternoon on weekends, though. Otherwise we never really have more than 30ish characters around, and something like 90% of the LS dual boxes.

So we can maybe have half that number for a few hour period two days out of the week. The rest of the time, we're sitting at less than a third of it :P

http://rfklinkshell.com/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next