Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Power Leveling Issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:18 am 

Hi Nasomi,

Recently i came across group of 75s BLM's power lvling a 46 job in Mount Zhaylom, me personally think this is not fair play and shouldn't be allowed on this server. We told them it's not fair they told us to go and cry somewhere else and that you will do nothing about it. I have some SS as a proof. Other people go from 11-75 in parties leveling playing their job this one was just standing there doing nothing not taking any role play in party. If this is ok with you then i think Pulling a whole KRT zone with RDM and letting 5 SMN's 2hr is fair to.

Please do not ignore this post and state your reply / actions i know your working hard to make this server great which i am thank full for therefore they should play this server correctly. Also they mentioned that there is a lot of cheaters in Dynamis please have a close eye on it too. There is no point of you upgrading this server if people start power levelling jobs and maybe selling the accounts.

Thanks~

Czarek

Attachments:
Zambr_2020.03.23_224144.png
Zambr_2020.03.23_224144.png [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 3643 times ]
Zambr_2020.03.23_222148.png
Zambr_2020.03.23_222148.png [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 3643 times ]
Zambr_2020.03.23_222101.png
Zambr_2020.03.23_222101.png [ 617.18 KiB | Viewed 3643 times ]
InkedZambr_2020.03.23_222905_LI1.jpg
InkedZambr_2020.03.23_222905_LI1.jpg [ 337.37 KiB | Viewed 3643 times ]

Post subject: Re: Power Leveling Issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:09 am 

confirmed, i just told em to dont do this coz its not legal on the server PL in that camp a job that is not 65+...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:31 am 

Why is 65 fair and not 47?

65 is the minimum to get into dynamis. It isn't some sort of rule people adhere to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:33 am 

Is this actually confirmed not allowed? People have been doing this for months.

I know nas did a server message saying he's restarting MTZ to fix something a few months ago though...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:07 pm 

Things that aren't allowed:

Abusing the level sync bug to sync outside of the stated sync range at the time

Using a PL outside of the party to damage mobs that are then killed by a synced party

Things that are allowed:

Obtaining XP in a party following every rule.

Your screenshot is the third one. The group isn't synced. FFXI already has a mechanic that punishes people that XP this way. They get far less XP per kill for mobs at that level, than the rest of the group, and that is FFXI's way of discouraging someone from doing this. Just because someone has decided that XP'ing this way is worth their time doesn't make it cheating... Also they aren't selling accounts, the picture you have is of someone's main leveling a new job lol. Neera isn't new here and isn't selling an account.

As for the Dynamis comment, you're referring to me when you came into Naschat crying about this last night. It was sarcastic, and I never said there were cheaters. They're cheating as much as the folks in your screenshot are, lol. Nasomi already knows about what happens in Dynamis, and it's also allowed. That was the joke. There are ways to gain XP by aga-ing down large amounts of mobs, it can be dangerous at times, requires good gear and teamwork. It's the point of the game. I said when "YOU" see what's happening in Dynamis your mind will be blown... not when Nas sees it. Nas isn't a moron, you appear to definitely be one.

There's nothing wrong about having a low level party with a group of 75's, if the party isn't synced. FFXI is already discouraging it by it's own mechanics.

For the last time: I'm very sorry that the camp you wanted to use was taken, and you thought that meant people were cheating. I take it you're used to getting your way, and not hearing no very often.... but there's nothing against the rules taking place in your screenshots. There are plenty of instances of people cheating on Nasomi, and if you'd like to hunt them down and post screenshots of them.. by all means. Otherwise, you're going to have to wait your turn for the XP camp you want like all the rest of the adults.

Trist wrote:
Is this actually confirmed not allowed? People have been doing this for months.

I know nas did a server message saying he's restarting MTZ to fix something a few months ago though...

Actually, it's the opposite. It's confirmed allowed lol. Low level members in a high level party have been a thing for a very long time. We used to use any COR over level 45 or whatever in SMN Burn parties. It was fairly common on retail in this era too.. There's nothing wrong with what's happening in the photo lol. He's just sad that something isn't going his way.

I also don't get his thoughts on why the tunnel pull SMN Strategy wouldn't be allowed? That's also allowed on Nasomi lol. Obviously you'll very quickly be out of range to be able to do it because of the 10 level sync range but you're still allowed to.

Takkirai wrote:
Why is 65 fair and not 47?

65 is the minimum to get into dynamis. It isn't some sort of rule people adhere to.

It's because he misunderstands the functionality of the stated Sync Range. He thinks that is the maximum amount of levels a party is allowed to XP together instead of the actual purpose of the range, which is to be the maximum amount of levels that someone is allowed to sync their character's level to another.

Last edited by Starbright on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm 

Starbright wrote:
Using a PL outside of the party to damage mobs that are then killed by a synced party.

So just recently a RDM with Spikes up PLed his linkshell in Crawlers Nest, increasing kill speed by a lot.
Sadly I see a lot of people abusing it (and not getting punished for doing so),
at same time I dont want to open another issue cause I already have one open daily ;-).

Main Role: Heal > Nuke it baby, one more time!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:26 pm 

That would not be allowed, very clearly. He's said many times before that someone outside of an XP party is not allowed to damage mobs to speed up the killing of an XP party. You're right though, THAT actually is a widespread issue that he could stand to punish lol.

It's a shame OP didn't get pictures of people actually breaking the rules to help Nas out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:15 pm 

While on the topic of gray areas, what about a 5man synced party, inviting an outside 75 BRD (who doesn't sync) to sing songs for them? I was always under the impression this was allowed and working as intended, but maybe others have had different experiences?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:18 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=novcrZrXIgo

That is what cheating in an xp party looks like. Not what you have shown.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:19 pm 

So far, I don't think we've discussed any gray areas. OP isn't a gray area... There's no rule about xp'ing with people when you aren't synced. FFXI already deters it. The second example isn't a gray area.. that's 100% cheating.

What you mentioned though is closer to a gray area. I'm not sure. I know people do it, and I doubt he's ever banned someone for it because it's not the easiest thing to catch and I doubt anyone reports it.

Receiving level 75 buffs on a level 20 party seems like it wouldn't be allowed.