Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
 Post subject: Re: Claim Bots
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:06 pm 

Single instances of someone claiming a mob behind them, without moving their head, dont mean much. A third way to do so is to target yourself with f1, have your 3rd person camera facing behind you, and then using tab. If someone is consistently, instantly claiming mobs from anywhere without their head moving, while there are other mobs interspersed throughout the area, then there is a strong case. If theyre spinning, pretty sure the head would still swivel, but regardless theyd get unlucky in which direction theyre facing at least some of the time, so maybe theyre using some kind of radar instead.

If you want someone banned, build a strong case against them that cant have holes poked in it. Obviously by bringing it to the forums, you risk alerting the person to your intent to measure their gameplay, so not necessarily the best way. But people on here that arent carrot will logically poke holes in your case if there are any, generally speaking. People on here may also aid you in your case, as seen in camper's bounty thread.

Nasomi isnt even remotely omnipotent, so the last thing you should expect is for issues to resolve themselves. If you want a fair and competitive server, then you have to work for it. You certainly wont get them all, but the best thing anyone can do is gather evidence and submit it to nasomi. However, Tatai was never banned for botting afaik(he was definitely botting), but the consistency with which he claimed stuff, and thus the amount of bitching that followed, lead nasomi to change things. So sometimes it really does just take quite a bit of community outrage. It's complete bullshit that this guy can claim so consistently, even if he's playing fair, so I wish you guys luck in getting some kind of resolution.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:48 pm 

PasqualeOmega wrote:
Dude if you really think that Zigma is not a cheater you just have to retire in shame and never show up on Nasomi again.

Oh I'm not defending him, just tossing a little 2 faced ammunition his way. If you really think I care about what happens at OWNM/HNM you haven't been paying attention.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:20 am 

Elimarley wrote:
Cloud doesn't bot, I have some friendly competition with him and beat him regularly. Lizzy is invisible at first but is visible on widescan. This looks suspect to people who don't understand how nas works, but is legit.

Last edited by phillyphil on Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:25 am 

thanks for having my back , haha funny! Lizzy spawns invisible to anybody close by but not on widescan! easier to assume someone is cheating. #butthurt #salty

Last edited by phillyphil on Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:58 pm 

phillyphil wrote:
thanks for having my back , haha funny! Lizzy spawns invisible to anybody close by but not on widescan! easier to assume someone is cheating. #butthurt #salty

Since it seems to be the source of many botting accusations, folks should know that this is true of many of the mobs in-game. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to be the same behavior with every mob: sometimes it doesn't seem to happen, and sometimes it's only a delay of a second or two vs. 10+ seconds at times. Of course, much of this could just be the inherent delay of opening the map and hitting widescan. Taking advantage of this isn't really an 'exploit', since Widescan is available to anyone that wants to go unlock BST or RNG.

It doesn't seem to be true of every NM/etc., but it's absolutely true for many. Go spend some time camping Sim during EST prime time if you doubt it. Other than Sim, I've 100% confirmed (back before I got Armaddon tossed into Mordion for unrelated stuff) that VE does this, LL, Chary, some sky stuff (pretty sure Ulli does, but never fully confirmed it), pretty much most of the stuff you might have to compete for. I'm almost certain that the 3 king/nqs do this as well as I've absolutely observed it at Behe, but that might just be part of the auto-claim mechanic where it wanders around without aggroing anyone since the two times I've seen it happened it ended up popping white right where I saw it on scan. Heck, it might be the case that ALL NMs do this to some degree, but I've had multiple instances where I pulled up WS with no hits only to close it and have the NM staring me in the face, so... maybe?

All that said, I'm absolutely sure there are *many* folks that abuse this mechanic with third-party tools/unapproved addons/plugins (again, go camp Sim during EST prime time if you doubt it and watch all the folks without widescan jobs suddenly running to where Sim is about to pop), so I'm not looking to wave away any and all accusations. Just putting the info out there to maybe help some people save face from people accusing them of shenanigans when they're really just being good at the game/using the legit tools available to them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:35 am 

thanks for having my back bro! much appreciated

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 6:24 am 

exelyon wrote:
If you want someone banned, build a strong case against them that cant have holes poked in it. Obviously by bringing it to the forums, you risk alerting the person to your intent to measure their gameplay, so not necessarily the best way. But people on here that arent carrot will logically poke holes in your case if there are any, generally speaking. People on here may also aid you in your case, as seen in camper's bounty thread.
GBWhatsApp APK
Nasomi isnt even remotely omnipotent, so the last thing you should expect is for issues to resolve themselves. If you want a fair and competitive server, then you have to work for it. You certainly wont get them all, but the best thing anyone can do is gather evidence and submit it to nasomi. However, Tatai was never banned for botting afaik(he was definitely botting), but the consistency with which he claimed stuff, and thus the amount of bitching that followed, lead nasomi to change things. So sometimes it really does just take quite a bit of community outrage. It's complete bullshit that this guy can claim so consistently, even if he's playing fair, so I wish you guys luck in getting some kind of resolution.

A fair point. Well said bro.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12