Lobby: Up
Online: 50
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:41 am 

Whatever happens these days in the world. It got to be the Chinese. Strange but true.

LoL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:06 pm 

Miku wrote:
Moving ontop of another group just because you don’t like their reply after asking how long they were gonna be there, you kinda deserve everything ya get.

Pretty sure you guys would be first in line to complain if the Chinese party had moved ontop of your camp and started pulling.

It's a dick move, sure. I wouldn't do it, if only because I've got better things to do with my time than get subpar xp, like sit at wyrm camps for 48 hours straight. But regardless, one is against the rules, and the other isn't.

As for complaining, it would hardly be the first time I've been camped on top of in this game in general, nor the first time on Nasomi. I have not made a forum thread about any of those times, or done more than bitch in party chat. When Ninja was playing here, I saw people camp on top of each other basically all the way through CN basement. I still see merit parties camp on top of each other at the crawlers in MtZ.

I do find it interesting that some TS members are jumping in on the "They deserved to get MPKed" side of things after the whole Rixx ordeal, which is basically the same thing except splitting a dyna zone vs. camping on top of each other, and you've got a daily lockout and entrance fee that you're wasting on a split dyna. My stance here is the same as it was for that one: Both are dick moves, both were done by groups of people that I like quite a bit, and in both cases the MPKers are the only ones that actually broke the rules.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:15 pm 

darkwarrior wrote:
Imagine instead of defending your members for being assholes you tell them to uphold server etiquette?

If you're gonna camp over people, make sure you only claim 6 mobs.

That pugil sure sniffed his butt lmao

Who's defending anyone? I've been pretty explicit in saying what they did was a dick move and they were the original assholes. But it wasn't against the server's rules. If it was, it'd be a different conversation, and they likely would no longer have an RFK pearl. We've broken them before for people breaking server rules, and we would do so again. But if we're removing everyone from the LS that's ever been a dick, the only person left in the LS would be Farside, the nicest guy on the server. As it is, they broke no rules.

Meanwhile, you're defending MPK'ing, which actually is against the server rules, and can and does result in bans. If someone is an asshole when they outclaim you somewhere, does it justify you downloading a bot? If someone wins a race to pulling Vrtra when it pops and is an asshole about it, does it justify getting flee tools? Or are 3rd party tools where you arbitrarily draw the line in what rules are acceptable to break just because someone is a jerk?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:52 pm 

darkwarrior wrote:
Imagine instead of defending your members for being assholes you tell them to uphold server etiquette?

If you're gonna camp over people, make sure you only claim 6 mobs.

That pugil sure sniffed his butt lmao

Dayum, in the whole situation, that thing interested you the most? XD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm 

lol TS now saying you get what you deserve for being assholes.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahaahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah

I think we'll count this entire thread as another point for Carrot, oddly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:22 pm 

Just gotta say if you run around baiting people into MPKing you by stealing their camps, it's gonna happen and I really don't have much sympathy for you, against the rules or not

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:24 pm 

TS this TS that... I'm just myself. Trust me I'm not shutting up when I see a member of my group being stupid. As for the bubu Rixx/Aeroo incident, I never paid attention to what happens in buburimu, I haven't actually farmed it since summer 2017 and I don't give a shit what happens there. From what I gathered they entered as the zone was empty for a bit and no full group seemed to be entering so they went in, quite similar to your "white is fair game" argument isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:29 pm 

Naimah wrote:
TS this TS that... I'm just myself. Trust me I'm not shutting up when I see a member of my group being stupid. As for the bubu Rixx/Aeroo incident, I never paid attention to what happens in buburimu, I haven't actually farmed it since summer 2017 and I don't give a shit what happens there. From what I gathered they entered as the zone was empty for a bit and no full group seemed to be entering so they went in, quite similar to your "white is fair game" argument isn't it?

convenient that you give a shit what happens in this zone, but not that one, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:18 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Miku wrote:
Moving ontop of another group just because you don’t like their reply after asking how long they were gonna be there, you kinda deserve everything ya get.

Pretty sure you guys would be first in line to complain if the Chinese party had moved ontop of your camp and started pulling.

It's a dick move, sure. I wouldn't do it, if only because I've got better things to do with my time than get subpar xp, like sit at wyrm camps for 48 hours straight. But regardless, one is against the rules, and the other isn't.

As for complaining, it would hardly be the first time I've been camped on top of in this game in general, nor the first time on Nasomi. I have not made a forum thread about any of those times, or done more than bitch in party chat. When Ninja was playing here, I saw people camp on top of each other basically all the way through CN basement. I still see merit parties camp on top of each other at the crawlers in MtZ.

I do find it interesting that some TS members are jumping in on the "They deserved to get MPKed" side of things after the whole Rixx ordeal, which is basically the same thing except splitting a dyna zone vs. camping on top of each other, and you've got a daily lockout and entrance fee that you're wasting on a split dyna. My stance here is the same as it was for that one: Both are dick moves, both were done by groups of people that I like quite a bit, and in both cases the MPKers are the only ones that actually broke the rules.

I aint saying MPK is fine. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just being hostile initially over a camp because the party there want to continue? You kinda can't expect sympathy after that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:19 pm 

Naimah wrote:

And in this case, both groups arrived around the same time and the other group wasn't pulling after 10+ minutes on 5 minute respawn mobs. The situations are similar in a lot of ways.

Which is my point. Rixx was in the wrong for Bubu, and Thife was in the wrong here. I'm not saying Deft/Aeroo were in the wrong at Bubu at all.

All I'm saying is that several of the people that were all on board with Rixx getting banned are taking the opposite stance here.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next