Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:44 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
I just think it's pretty different from what happened with Rixx and not an apt comparison. This was a reaction, not a planned out mpk. I don't think those screenshots show enough. What it does show is agony being real snarky, which sort of neutralizes the situation in my eyes, and I think the big man may have a similar view from what I have witnessed. I wasn't trying to excuse mpk if that is what happened.

I don't have much to add after what Wolf has said about comparing the situations. I don't think they're exact matches, but they're pretty close. For me, Agony being snarky doesn't seem particularly relevant as to whether or not the actions of other people were against the rules. They don't say 'You can't intentionally MPK people (unless they're dicks and then they totally deserve it)"

Y'all didn't mouth off to Rixx or anything, and Agony did mouth off to these guys, but I largely just don't think it's relevant.

Quote:
Can we also stop characterizing each others thoughts and opinions and labeling it on a group of 50-60 linkshell members? Naimah has called me out when he thinks I'm wrong plenty and has made fun of me when shit blew up in my face and it was my fault. We are separate people. I think you all in rfk deal with the same type of branding sometimes. Maybe we can be more mindful of it.

This is fair, and my intent wasn't to say that TS all behaves like this or all of TS is here to take the opposite side of things. Just saying that I saw a handful of TS people posting in this thread that were either posting in the Rixx threads or were involved in the Rixx situation that seem to be, at least from how I am interpreting things, taking a fairly divergent viewpoint on issues that seem quite similar to me.

Everybody views shit through a different lens, though.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:53 pm 

Cherry_Bombs wrote:
Camper wrote:
MPK is MPK.

I think the case can and should be made on whether or not the MPK was aggravated or premeditated. Don't think ignoring social norms and etiquette then falling on the fainting couch over the rules should be encouraged.

So you've never competed for XP mobs with another party? Because fundamentally that's all that happened here, with some added mouthing off. They weren't camping literally on top of the other party - they were a good ways away.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:13 pm 

Cherry_Bombs wrote:
Camper wrote:
MPK is MPK.

I think the case can and should be made on whether or not the MPK was aggravated or premeditated. Don't think ignoring social norms and etiquette then falling on the fainting couch over the rules should be encouraged.

What a shitty opinion.

We live in a world that has different ranges of bad. Breaking the rules because your feelings are hurt isn’t acceptable.

If your feelings are hurt, there are a myriad of ways to get back at someone that hurts their feelings without breaking the rules. We've all been pretty big jackasses to Zigma at this point, and I don't think anyone would say it's okay for him to use a bot because we were all so mean to him.

Grow up. People are mean to other people in the world, you can be mean back.. not rob their house.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:31 pm 

Camper wrote:

+1

Chess is probably THE player who deserves the most to be MPK'd. That did not prevent Vivix from getting banned for MPK'ing Chess.

Whether it was deserved or not is irrelevant.

MPK is MPK.

Lol. Yet Bigjoey still walks free after MPKing Seagrave (SS proven)? Why is that?
Could it be that Nas only bans for people "MPK" when TS complains?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 pm 

Starbright wrote:
Cherry_Bombs wrote:
Camper wrote:
MPK is MPK.

What a shitty opinion.

We live in a world that has different ranges of bad. Breaking the rules because your feelings are hurt isn’t acceptable.

If your feelings are hurt, there are a myriad of ways to get back at someone that hurts their feelings without breaking the rules. We've all been pretty big jackasses to Zigma at this point, and I don't think anyone would say it's okay for him to use a bot because we were all so mean to him.

Grow up. People are mean to other people in the world, you can be mean back.. not rob their house.

I don't think there's any denying that people act irrationally in the heat of the moment and in the real world, as you like to say, there are differing degrees of punishment for premeditated actions versus aggravated actions.

Is it acceptable to murder someone? No. But is there a difference between someone getting in a bar brawl and killing someone because some dude was grabbing his wife's ass versus someone sneaking into your house with the expressed intent to murder you? Yes.

Not talking right versus wrong here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm 

Cherry_Bombs wrote:
Starbright wrote:
Cherry_Bombs wrote:

What a shitty opinion.

I don't think there's any denying that people act irrationally in the heat of the moment and in the real world, as you like to say, there are differing degrees of punishment for premeditated actions versus aggravated actions.

Is it acceptable to murder someone? No. But is there a difference between someone getting in a bar brawl and killing someone because some dude was grabbing his wife's ass versus someone sneaking into your house with the expressed intent to murder you? Yes.

If you can point me to the last person that was punished in a way other than jailing their character, I'd consider that true.. Since that doesn't exist in quite a while, certainly not for MPK'ing, I don't think that's the parallel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:55 pm 

Starbright wrote:
Cherry_Bombs wrote:
Starbright wrote:

What a shitty opinion.

If you can point me to the last person that was punished in a way other than jailing their character, I'd consider that true.. Since that doesn't exist in quite a while, certainly not for MPK'ing, I don't think that's the parallel.

See, that's the problem. If it comes down to a binary ban or no ban for this particular MPK, I'd personally let it slide this once.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:01 pm 

Cherry_Bombs wrote:
Starbright wrote:
Cherry_Bombs wrote:

See, that's the problem. If it comes down to a binary ban or no ban for this particular MPK, I'd personally let it slide this once.

That's definitely your right, I'd just renew my request to have some sort of guide or rubric to explain all of the completely valid and legal behaviors that excuse completely invalid and illegal behaviors in the eyes of the law here.

Nas, on the other hand, doesn't seem to agree with you.

Zero Tollerance Policy
Players that choose not to follow the rules will receive a minimum penalty of loss of character. Greater exploits will result in a loss of characters linked by IP and/or banning of IP. The reason for this is the time wasted on players who choose not to follow the rules has a direct impact on further development, bug fixes, and QoL enhancements. Players that choose to play fairly should not be subject to delays of these features because players players cannot or will not play fairly.

Maybe you're right. Maybe he should just receive the minimum penalty of losing his character involved, in this instance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:31 pm 

Starbright wrote:
Naimah wrote:
TS this TS that... I'm just myself. Trust me I'm not shutting up when I see a member of my group being stupid. As for the bubu Rixx/Aeroo incident, I never paid attention to what happens in buburimu, I haven't actually farmed it since summer 2017 and I don't give a shit what happens there. From what I gathered they entered as the zone was empty for a bit and no full group seemed to be entering so they went in, quite similar to your "white is fair game" argument isn't it?

convenient that you give a shit what happens in this zone, but not that one, I guess.

Want me to develop? Fine.

This current case is bullying born from racism.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 pm 

Naimah wrote:
Starbright wrote:
Naimah wrote:
TS this TS that... I'm just myself. Trust me I'm not shutting up when I see a member of my group being stupid. As for the bubu Rixx/Aeroo incident, I never paid attention to what happens in buburimu, I haven't actually farmed it since summer 2017 and I don't give a shit what happens there. From what I gathered they entered as the zone was empty for a bit and no full group seemed to be entering so they went in, quite similar to your "white is fair game" argument isn't it?

convenient that you give a shit what happens in this zone, but not that one, I guess.

Want me to develop? Fine.

This current case is bullying born from racism.

i sincerely doubt that group hates Americans enough to call it racism.

i'm pretty sure they just MPK'd them because they're regular assholes

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next