Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Playing Together
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:16 am 

Hello,

I found out about this server yesterday and am super pumped! I loved FFXI and haven't played in like 10 years or so. My wife is also a big fan so of course we both signed up and started playing last night together.

This morning my oldest daughter saw us playing a vaguely remembers the game and wants to play with us as well, we got her up and running no problems.

I guess the point of my post here is to say hello to the community and make sure that it's ok for all 3 of us to be playing together from the same household. While it works and we are currently playing together I just want to ensure we're not breaking rules. I run my own emulated server of Everquest so I understand how much it sucks to ban people just trying to have fun and I have an IP limit of 2 on my server. We do allow exemptions for families that play together.

Anyways, enough of my rambling thanks for reading. Please let me know and thanks for this server!!!

Happy Adventuring!

Post subject: Re: Playing Together
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:32 am 

The main thing is not doing any Harvesting/Excavating/Logging/Mining/Fishing at the same time as each other. This can get your IPs banned.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:21 am 

Castious wrote:
Hello,

I found out about this server yesterday and am super pumped! I loved FFXI and haven't played in like 10 years or so. My wife is also a big fan so of course we both signed up and started playing last night together.

This morning my oldest daughter saw us playing a vaguely remembers the game and wants to play with us as well, we got her up and running no problems.

I guess the point of my post here is to say hello to the community and make sure that it's ok for all 3 of us to be playing together from the same household. While it works and we are currently playing together I just want to ensure we're not breaking rules. I run my own emulated server of Everquest so I understand how much it sucks to ban people just trying to have fun and I have an IP limit of 2 on my server. We do allow exemptions for families that play together.

Anyways, enough of my rambling thanks for reading. Please let me know and thanks for this server!!!

Happy Adventuring!

You guys are good. You can all even dual box and play two chars (and a third town char) if you like, as long as you're not using any sort of automation to control the characters.

As ffxizol mentions, the only thing you're expressly forbidden is having multiple characters in a household doing HELMF activities at the same time.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:40 am 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:58 pm 

Castious wrote:
Hello,

Happy Adventuring!

I just started today and am looking for friends in game if youre interested!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:20 pm 

Hi,

To add, we are a few who play on the same corporate Network and we have FFXI Lan parties at home and it has never been a problem.

Have fun, be safe!
Take care.

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea