Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Unplayable
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:31 pm 

Deadwing wrote:
Andrina wrote:
Anyway, this is nothing even remotely close to the crafting 'fixes' that made skillups post level 60 much, much harder, and a minor fraction of what they were in retail era. I was fortunate enough to get my crafting up into the 90 before the changes hit. You wanna talk about gatekeeping against new players, I would never advise any new player to do anything but fishing. You want something crafted, find one of the old guard who capped there crafting back when it was easy, do not try to level it yourself. Hopefully this is clear to many new players that they should not be expecting retail experience with craft skillups. HQ rates are accurate though at least, so the people that already maxed out there crafts can benefit.

This is accurate. The crux of the problem lies in how skillups become more difficult as you level. They used to start too easy, then get too hard; however with the old day/moon/direction system being very OP, and it being possible to get more than .1 above 60, it was still manageable to level in the 90s.

Now the low levels are still too easy, and the higher levels are too hard with nothing to counterbalance. It's been like this for two something years now though, so it'd be a slap in the face to anyone who leveled under the more challenging system to now make it easier, which is exactly the sort of thing retail was so guilty of. If there's a straightforward solution I don't see it.

Just took Leathercraft from 0-89 in like 3 weeks. Doesn't seem that hard so far. Cavaet being that 65+ I mostly had to farm the rarer/more expensive mats myself, because they were either way overpriced compared to how hard they were to get, or they are never in stock on the auction house.

Will agree tho, not a single skill up post 60, has been more than a 0.1

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:56 pm 

HanhJo wrote:
Just took Leathercraft from 0-89 in like 3 weeks. Doesn't seem that hard so far. Cavaet being that 65+ I mostly had to farm the rarer/more expensive mats myself, because they were either way overpriced compared to how hard they were to get, or they are never in stock on the auction house.

Will agree tho, not a single skill up post 60, has been more than a 0.1

That behavior is true to retail, it just needed skillup rate adjustments to go with it to keep crafting in the 80s and 90s from getting too hard.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm 

u lucky to even get exp+ instead of exp-, either u barely alive to get 12exp or EP gob would beat the shit out of u "retail accurate"

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:48 pm 

FFXI Cerberus veteran here, playing a brand spanking new WAR in Bastok right now and the feels are 100% authentic. Im sitting on the floor (my tv is my monitor) with controller in hand, bag of chips near. Its 2006 and im looking ahead at the road to the Dunes. Soon baby, soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:29 pm 

I still have fond memories of the first time I decided to be brave and venture out into La Theine to find some stronger monsters, only to be viciously sodomized by a Goblin Tinkerer... just thinking of that glorious codpiece gave me chills for days

So of course, I re-enacted the scenario here on a lv10 WAR - 100% authentic

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"