Lobby: Up
Online: 41
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Unplayable
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:49 pm 

Celotine wrote:
All you people saying it's not that bad are fools. You all had the band and higher XP when you did 1-12. And everyone saying how it's a grind a supposed to be this way, I played retail Pre-ToAU to the last expansion, XP was NEVER this grueling. It's supposed to be something you do for fun, this isnt fun. 40 XP for 2000 TNL is insane. I got better shit to do with my time and better games to play.

Lol rings were active for the past few months. Before that we'd get then on holidays only. As someone who works most of those I rarely got to use one.

40 exp per mob was standard, hell the lowest EPs gave 32 iirc. It wasn't until pretty far into FFXI that exp values were updated.

Bye Felicia.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 pm 

I agree with OP here, it's easy saying "thats era xp" or shit like that, Nasomi isnt a harcore era accurate server, so thats some BS argument, also, starting up, with no SJ and no skill lvl on anything its a royal pain, if ppl cant see why some wouldnt put up with shit like that in 2020, then there is some fanboy shit goin on.

Best PLD BRD BLM DNC SCH on Nasomi 8-)

Voted Nasomi Player of the Millennium :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:33 pm 

Haduk wrote:
if ppl cant see why some wouldnt put up with shit like that in 2020, then there is some fanboy shit goin on.

Kind of the reason we're playing a game made in 2002, in the era of 2006/7, in the year of 2020. I'll never understand this logic "hurr durr ya'll fanboy about oldschool FFXI" like that isn't the reason most of us are here.

Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:08 pm 

Haduk wrote:
I agree with OP here, it's easy saying "thats era xp" or shit like that, Nasomi isnt a harcore era accurate server, so thats some BS argument, also, starting up, with no SJ and no skill lvl on anything its a royal pain, if ppl cant see why some wouldnt put up with shit like that in 2020, then there is some fanboy shit goin on.

Oh no, we TOTALLY get why some wouldn't put up with shit like that.

You mistake us not caring about those that decide it's not for them for not getting it.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:11 pm 

I'm heartened by the fact that this kind of relatively insignificant quibble is enough to weed out the whiners and sad sacks.

"Oh no, I have to spend an extra hour to hit 12 while crystals are currently more lucrative than ever. Woe is me." Go lvl all your melee jobs to 15 solo and make money, or uninstall it. Once you get in parties, this complaint utterly disappears anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:00 am 

Celotine wrote:
All you people saying it's not that bad are fools. You all had the band and higher XP when you did 1-12. And everyone saying how it's a grind a supposed to be this way, I played retail Pre-ToAU to the last expansion, XP was NEVER this grueling. It's supposed to be something you do for fun, this isnt fun. 40 XP for 2000 TNL is insane. I got better shit to do with my time and better games to play.

Quite simply, you're wrong on both points.

I've taken 5 jobs to 12 post change, and have plenty more to do. I'm not happy about the change, but I can't really argue about it.
XP bands you could get for conquest points didn't even exist until around 2005, and they had a 16 hour cooldown. You got one band charge in leveling 1-12 unless you just only XP'ed while the bands were on.

I took every pre-ToAU job to 75 at least once on retail. The 1-12 grind on Nas accurately reflects how I did ALL of those.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:13 pm 

Dogreformed wrote:
Dear nesami,
I have made my own thread expressing my problems with this case bt you have deleted my thread as well as ban my acc and ip ban too.

This any kind of change that makes the game harder for new players is unacceptable.
Any kind of change that pushes this “the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer” is not welcomed by the people

Change the exp back and turn on exp bands permanently.

If u delete this post or ban this acc I’ll spam the forum with blacked endlessly.

Thank you
Yours truly,
dog

fuck off you ridiculous troll

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:58 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Celotine wrote:
Hey guys, no easy way to put this. I'm a new player to this server, exp bands are shut off and the exp from mobs level 9-12 that are killable solo is a joke. Since I'm stuck in this level range I'm not gonna waste my time. Until it changes this game is unplayable. Sorry to be that guy but it is what it is. I was having so much fun playing again until this morning.

Frank

This is, for better or worse, the authentic retail experience.

Is 1 day Dyna lockout instead of 3 days authentic? :)

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:59 pm 

Rubicund wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Celotine wrote:
Hey guys, no easy way to put this. I'm a new player to this server, exp bands are shut off and the exp from mobs level 9-12 that are killable solo is a joke. Since I'm stuck in this level range I'm not gonna waste my time. Until it changes this game is unplayable. Sorry to be that guy but it is what it is. I was having so much fun playing again until this morning.

Frank

Is 1 day Dyna lockout instead of 3 days authentic? :)

No, and I hope he changes that too, and deletes all relics/merits. He won't though as that'll cause too much uproar.

Edit: I don't understand what this comment was truly meant to do. Are you trying to pull a "gotcha" and show how some people are ok with some things being authentic and other's being custom?

Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:44 pm 

Kazen wrote:
Rubicund wrote:
cthalupa wrote:

No, and I hope he changes that too, and deletes all relics/merits. He won't though as that'll cause too much uproar.

Edit: I don't understand what this comment was truly meant to do. Are you trying to pull a "gotcha" and show how some people are ok with some things being authentic and other's being custom?

"well, it's era for authentic experience" argument that is not logical because they are cherry picking when to use it to prove a point that is moot. So yes, it's a gotcha moment.

A few points to add:

- The server needs a lot more shit done and fixed so changing EP/DC XP, and also my white damage decreased, is the the last thing the server needs. I can see why people are upset from what I've seen in game.

Note: My 71 (now 74) dual wielding thf dmg was constant 100 dmg per switch vs EP eating meat and it changed to 62~98 dmg per switch with meat after the update. I used to love farming EPs for gil and xp.

- The server needs an influx of new players so discouraging new players is not ideal

- People on the server had it easy mode for a long time and the people who say "welcome to era experience" are most likely done leveling and thus lacking empathy towards new players

In conclusion, there are a lot of links not era accurate so let people feel what they feel :)

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next