Lobby: Up
Online: 62
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:14 pm 

I have read and done everything for a fix I've seen on this issue. fresh download of nasomi, fresh/new version download of ashita. followed all directions for install and still cannot get into the game. I click on the nasomi icon, click the launch, I get the screen to choose option, I input 1, input my user infor, the game starts to load, gets to the point where it says hairpin fix applied, then just goes back to my desktop. I've even tried to delete and reload everything again, same result. please help.
Also, in the Nasomi player portal, when I click on the "Support" button, it opens a tab, then times out. May be a symptom of my prob, I don't know, just figured I'd include than in case there's a fix for it.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:31 pm 

It should already be, but just in case make sure you run as admin and if you have any antivirus you'll need to add the ashita.exe and boot.exe files to the exception lists on both your AV and Windows Firewall as both have a chance to end the program.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:04 pm 

I tried working my firewall, even turned it off for the test...same result, screen goes back to desktop after the login gets to hairpin.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 am 

Anymore suggestions to fix this? I've tried everything else I've read and been suggested, nothing works so far.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:58 pm 

Just to be clear, this is a recent issue? You've played before and it borked all of a sudden?
Also the support ticket system hasn't worked in ages :/

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:55 pm 

caspeon1 wrote:
Anymore suggestions to fix this? I've tried everything else I've read and been suggested, nothing works so far.

and you arent running an antivirus? Which OS are you running? and do you have retail FFXI installed?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:46 pm 

Kakai wrote:
Just to be clear, this is a recent issue? You've played before and it borked all of a sudden?
Also the support ticket system hasn't worked in ages :/

Important question here ^ Your symptom could be install-related (it'll bomb out if various .dll files aren't registered properly), or could even just be GPU-related. You could try uninstalling/re-installing video drivers, or even could try using a directx proxy (especially if you have a dual-graphics laptop, etc.). Any of the following should work. Some people report that one works better than the others for them... the install works the same, just drop the .dll(s) into your ffxi-bootmod directory wherever you extracted the Ashita launcher, right next to the boot.exe file:

Crosire's proxy (author of ReShade): https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases
Atom0s's proxy (author of Ashita): https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?t=855
DgVoodoo proxy + ReShade integration guide, if you care for that: https://balanceffxi.fandom.com/wiki/DgV ... hade_Setup

(tangential note: you'll almost definitely need to use one of these proxies if you're going to use ReShade to make your game look purdy)

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:31 pm 

My bet is you have ports restricted. Could be firewall, antivirus, router, ISP NAT restriction, etc etc.

If you're trying to play on an AT&T hotspot, probably boned. They starting changing their towers NATs like 2 years ago to strict NAT types.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:04 pm 

I had the same problems starting up and the solution was dumb and obvious.
Check your account here on nasomi.com/account/index.php?a=login
make sure you create a main account first.
I have also noticed that if I chose a common name when creating a new character, the game doesnt load.

There also seems to be an issue I get when I log off/disconnect, my character stays in game. My daughter can see it on her screen with the red "bad connection" icon on it. Logging back the game get stuck.
I usually have to restart my PC to connect again.

Good luck :)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm 

Do you have any other versions of FFXI installed be it retail or another private server? If so, your registry keys may be out of whack. I would have thought that the nasomi install would have updated the keys for you, but maybe it didnt if you did not run it as admin or something. To fix the keys yourself, copy and past this into a notepad, update paths to NasomiXI and save as a .bat file. Run it as admin.

Code:
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiResource.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiVersions.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\polhook.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\unicows.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\patchfiles\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\app.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\patchfiles\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\polcore.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\polcfg\sysinfo.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\util\unicows.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\ax\MSVCR71.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\ax\polmvf.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\ax\polmvfINT.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\app.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\polcore.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\contents\PolContents.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\contents\polcontentsINT.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to NasomiXI~\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\TetraMaster\TM.dll" /s
@PAUSE

where ~path to NasomiXI~ in my case is G:\Games\

Note: Once thats ran you will have an issue launching other private servers or retail in which case you can run this to set it back like above:
Code:
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiResource.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiVersions.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\polhook.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\unicows.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\patchfiles\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\app.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\patchfiles\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\polcore.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\polcfg\sysinfo.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\util\unicows.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\ax\MSVCR71.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\ax\polmvf.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\ax\polmvfINT.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\app.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\com\polcore.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\contents\PolContents.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\contents\polcontentsINT.dll" /s
regsvr32 "~path to Playonline~\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\TetraMaster\TM.dll" /s
@Pause

where ~path to Playonline~ in my case was E:\Program Files (x86)