Online: 29
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:13 am 

Myupih wrote:
diabolikal wrote:

I'm not debating the gekko thing as I don't play sam. I do however play warrior.

Well you were 3 posts earlier, so I was just responding to that.

Nay, you made a valid point about it, I can't refute something I have little knowledge over when you bring facts.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:32 am 

diabolikal wrote:

Nay, you made a valid point about it, I can't refute something I have little knowledge over when you bring facts.

It's all good, I was hoping it wouldn't come across super dick-ish so hopefully mission accomplished. :lol:

I don't have 75 WAR so I can't really speak/test about Raging Rush... but it does have more variables to consider than a non-crit ws, plus war's innate double attack. Would need a decently controlled test with a good sample size... some multi-hits here have been a bit crazy for a while though, those KRT Pentas lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:39 pm 

Myupih wrote:
Looks like your gear is still having an effect. I don't see the problem. Even vs an EP a lot of your posted gear is probably dead weight btw, unless your skills are gimp or something.

Did a bunch of naked howling fists on Idolators and saw no difference.. dropping 600-750 howlings on Pup on VTs.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:47 pm 

Louiscool wrote:

Did a bunch of naked howling fists on Idolators and saw no difference.. dropping 600-750 howlings on Pup on VTs.

Howling Fist also has attack bonus and Idolators also take stupid damage. It's also only two hits, most of the damage is on the first hit, and pup gear is not exactly rolling in mods.

What is your Howling Fist set?

Edit: Difference with and without gear is plainly visible. Simple test in Wajaom vs EPs, even with some items left in mog like Haub+1, NIN/DRG single wielding kikoku. Metsu, Ku damage clearly higher with gear than naked, the only time they even get close is if you get a high roll naked a low roll with gear. The impact on damage range is obvious, and that's even vs mobs where accuracy would be capped with or without gear. If it was something actually important the naked whiffs would have an even bigger impact.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:34 pm 

mining nodes may be an a timer now instead of after 3 successes now, I observed them move without anyone touching them. Someone in ls claims to have hit a node like 30 times before it moved

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:19 am 

Haven't been out much since but tonight was helping an LS mate with G1 and in the Citadel ran past a bat no problem , tunnels are so narrow can't even get 8 away from a bat , after getting coal and heading back that same bat deceided to suddenly aggro. Another LS mate was waiting sitting in the Necropolis in a room with the 3 skeles. Was sitting there for 15 mins and suddenly one skelly decided to aggro then. Both of us 75.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:31 am 

Has Weapon Skill damage been fixed yet?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 4:25 am 

I think not. My NIN with reasonably good WS gear averages around 400 on DC mobs, whereas before it would often break 1k on mobs of similar difficulty.

With decent gear I was penta thrusting colibris at Lv. 55 for around 500-700 with berserk, food, madrigal and DRK roll which seems really low considering the piercing weakness. My regular attacks seemed normal at 150ish with crits over 200. It is worth noting however that the COR's slug shots (single hit) were frequently breaking 1k.

WS seem to do good damage with a lot of ATT stacked (food, double minuet etc.) but I'm guessing the attribute modifiers are broken or something.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 am 

Tiktaks wrote:
Has Weapon Skill damage been fixed yet?

Not at all

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 pm 

Ultimaetus wrote:
mining nodes may be an a timer now instead of after 3 successes now, I observed them move without anyone touching them. Someone in ls claims to have hit a node like 30 times before it moved

Mining has been completely changed in maze, chasm, and ifrit's cauldron at the very least. It has probably been changed in every zone, but I cant confirm that. The points in ifrit's cauldron are fucked at the moment and can be mined 30, 40, 50 times before dissapearing, which is why there are 30 stacks of orichalcum ore on the AH.

In maze and chasmn, right now it seems that a small area will have 4 points but only one up at once, that can be mined 1-6 times. After exhausting a point, it will respawn in 2 minutes in that same area. 1 point can be up per area, and there seem to be 6-8 areas per zone now.

To elaborate, each of the red circles below is an "area" containing 4 points that have a random 1 active every 2 minutes, for 1-6 harvested items:

There are another 3-4 areas on the second maze map.

There also seems to be an anti botting measure in place where the point doesnt dissapear from your target, but can no longer be mined, giving you a message about needing a pickaxe. The point is gone from Widescan by this time. Ill update the helm guide sometime this week.