Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:57 pm 

You don't even need to level RNG or BST, the area "zones" for mining spots are small enough that rng sj lv1 is sufficient to see all the spots. I'll gladly take the minor(pun) inconvenience to make it more difficult for botters.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 pm 

Anyone else getting an error that you don't have any pickaxes after a couple nodes, when you have an abundance of picks and plenty of bag space? It's fixed by relogging but I am getting 2-3 nodes before having to relog.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:53 pm 

You dont have to log off lol, just means you've emptied that node. It will also disappear when the next node pops up, which can be useful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:23 am 

When a mining point that you still have targetted starts telling you that you need picks to mine it, it has already been exhausted, disappeared off widescan, and the 2 minute timer has started for it to respawn at a nearby location.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:58 pm 

I don't recall the nodes persisting after being emptied before. Is that new? They used to vanish altogether. I'm a here and there miner, not really career.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:47 pm 

Correct, previous system they used to disappear immediately. Nasomi made some updates and its now a bug, when\if that'll be fixed is anybody's guess. For now just now that it's a bug.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:29 am 

FYI - haven't seen this mentioned yet in the thread. From my testing, nodes in IC now will only yield 1 single item. The second the node yields an item it is exhausted. You can hit a node multiple times if you get an unable or a break.

I think the change to how and where the nodes spawn are fine, but the number of items a node can yield being 1 is what breaks it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:14 pm 

Thr33Swords wrote:
FYI - haven't seen this mentioned yet in the thread. From my testing, nodes in IC now will only yield 1 single item. The second the node yields an item it is exhausted. You can hit a node multiple times if you get an unable or a break.

I think the change to how and where the nodes spawn are fine, but the number of items a node can yield being 1 is what breaks it for me.

Ya, I called it out in the 4th post on this thread, "I reported it to Nas and the next day it was only giving 1 item per node." whereas before it was giving insane amounts of items per node. Most likely the strangulation is to choke the market because of it being flooded for days, possibly weeks. I'm guessing after a certain amount of time he'll adjust it again to match more closely with chasm\maze and give somewhere between 1-6 items per node again. That's just a guess though, but I have reported it to Nas just in case, feel free to send him a PM as well. More reminders the better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:13 pm 

siknoz wrote:
Thr33Swords wrote:

Ya, I called it out in the 4th post on this thread, "I reported it to Nas and the next day it was only giving 1 item per node." whereas before it was giving insane amounts of items per node. Most likely the strangulation is to choke the market because of it being flooded for days, possibly weeks. I'm guessing after a certain amount of time he'll adjust it again to match more closely with chasm\maze and give somewhere between 1-6 items per node again. That's just a guess though, but I have reported it to Nas just in case, feel free to send him a PM as well. More reminders the better.

Ah must have missed it, thanks. I reported it as well, lets hope it gets fixed. I totally get not wanting nodes to give 40+ items, but the 1 item only thing really ruins it lol. If it ends up being the same as maze or attowha that would be much better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:15 am 

So mining is still terrible in Ifrit. I went there a few days ago. You get mainly 1 to 2 strikes per node and 3 to 4 on the higher lucky end with flint stones/iron ores all that sneak/invis walking around is hardly worth the trouble in IC anymore. Orich ore prices have gone up since they're more scarce.