Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:26 am 

Anyone else notice that mining in ifrit cauldron seems like its not worth the effort at all any more? Having to keep sneak/invis up while running around for mining points that only give you 2-4 strikes and then the point changes. Too many to cover now. I was running around for a while finding spots and watching out for the nms. Didn't make enough payout to make the effort worth it. Now I know no one is forcing me to mine and can do other methods to farm but come on... the changes were really bad. And now players will just run around grabbing any point they can, at least before they didn't want to camp on top of your mining point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:38 am 

Get those cheap ores while you can, supply gonna be scarce with the revamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am 

Guscles wrote:
Anyone else notice that mining in ifrit cauldron seems like its not worth the effort at all any more? Having to keep sneak/invis up while running around for mining points that only give you 2-4 strikes and then the point changes. Too many to cover now. I was running around for a while finding spots and watching out for the nms. Didn't make enough payout to make the effort worth it. Now I know no one is forcing me to mine and can do other methods to farm but come on... the changes were really bad. And now players will just run around grabbing any point they can, at least before they didn't want to camp on top of your mining point.

i didn't mine much during retail, but i do recall it kinda being like this. People mad b/c he made it era accurate?

mining parties were NOT era accurate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:38 pm 

I think IC is still being tinkered with, when he first put the changes up they were like Maze/Chasm. After a little bit something broke and nodes were giving insane amounts of items, my highest streak on 1 node was 46 items. I reported it to Nas and the next day it was only giving 1 item per node. My guess is that he's tinkering with the numbers, so don't lose hope on IC just yet. Even though it's a timer between node spawn timers we still see people mining up Maze/Chasm just fine so I imagine IC will work out eventually as well. Overall the changes are nice because it guarantees one person controlling a "zone" would get a guaranteed node every 2 minutes. Whereas the system before with moving randomly between nodes it was possible to sometimes go 5-10 min without a node because of luck of the draw.

What I didn't like in IC was to see people abandoning the long held courtesy in the mining community of not camping on top of each other. That honestly ruins mining more than Nas just tinkering with stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:21 pm 

Yes. Future miners will be negatively impacted by the massive increase in current supply caused by a 2-3 week bug for months and months. Welcome to nasomi.

I cant say for sure it is, but if IC is anything like maze or chasm, these changes are much better for solo and non-botting miners. The markets will probably take time to recover, because the server never needs as much orichalcum as IC puts out, but you never know when a future 100 GSM is looking to progress. Id stay away until the current massive supply of orichalcum diminishes mostly. People will hold onto stacks and buy now saving for the future, so it's hard to say how long this will negatively effect miner profits going forward. However, the price of orichalcum ore will always be held back by orichalcum ingots, so I wouldnt expect much more than 40-50k still.

The complete lack of courtesy that developed was also probably because of the absolute feeding frenzy that was taking place and has now stopped. Id wager people will go back to sectioning off into their own areas like maze and chasm. The less massively lucrative it is, the more courteous people will be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:31 pm 

The rise of the 25 whm/nin miner shall return!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 pm 

mibotsu wrote:
Guscles wrote:

i didn't mine much during retail, but i do recall it kinda being like this. People mad b/c he made it era accurate?

If you didn’t mine much in retail then how can you open your mouth with a statement like that saying people are mad because if era accuracy. If you don’t know then be quiet. I wasn’t even talking about retail era accuracy anyway. Nothing in nasomi is retail accurate. I was just talking about how it was before the revamp. Which is all you can do playing on nasomi.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:39 am 

Guscles wrote:
mibotsu wrote:
Guscles wrote:

If you didn’t mine much in retail then how can you open your mouth with a statement like that saying people are mad because if era accuracy. If you don’t know then be quiet. I wasn’t even talking about retail era accuracy anyway. Nothing in nasomi is retail accurate. I was just talking about how it was before the revamp. Which is all you can do playing on nasomi.

jesus brah, angry much?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:43 am 

Miners should be able to make a similar gil/hour as prices of ore rise due to scarcity, but they will now have to run around the map or widescan as a team instead of being able to semi-afk at a node.

This is another change that harms new and future players. Prices for ores will rise, the cost of skilling up crafts will rise, the price of items made from those crafts will rise (but won't benefit new crafters who can't yet HQ them). It doesn't make sense to me to give larger and larger advantage to the older player base as time goes on. Usually, games do the opposite to try to bring their new base up to speed with the old players.

Finally, if we wanted strict 100% no fun era accuracy, we'd be on Eden.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:35 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Miners should be able to make a similar gil/hour as prices of ore rise due to scarcity, but they will now have to run around the map or widescan as a team instead of being able to semi-afk at a node.

This is another change that harms new and future players. Prices for ores will rise, the cost of skilling up crafts will rise, the price of items made from those crafts will rise (but won't benefit new crafters who can't yet HQ them). It doesn't make sense to me to give larger and larger advantage to the older player base as time goes on. Usually, games do the opposite to try to bring their new base up to speed with the old players.

Finally, if we wanted strict 100% no fun era accuracy, we'd be on Eden.

Yes, before a new player could easily lvl whm to 25+ and be able to sneak/invis to a mining spot. Now they have to lvl ranger for the larger widescan since bst windescan isn't that great and harder to solo since the ep exp nerf. Most 60+ don't even want to continue any more because that exp nerf but back to main point. Ranger is an expensive job to lvl for new players, and now they higher lvl job to use that widescan as a sub or even a main job.

I mean I could understand the reason to make you run around to mine that way you can't semi afk farm it but limiting the amount of total strikes on a mining point causes the need to frequently move from one node to another. This isn't a safe location either like zeruhn mines.