Lobby: Up
Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 915 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:25 pm 

lil rostrum farm

Attachments:
Rostrum p.jpg
Rostrum p.jpg [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 2049 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:39 am 

th on fire

Attachments:
DynaBeaucedyna copy.jpg
DynaBeaucedyna copy.jpg [ 911.6 KiB | Viewed 2001 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:43 pm 

Atreyus wrote:
th on fire

Must be h4x

For real though, that's damned sexy

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:10 pm 

I wish I had a screenshot of last night. I goofed so bad it wasn't even funny! In dunes with my alt, first time ever dual boxing in a party. Have my 64 Blu as PL. There is that gob that runs rampant around the camps so I would kill it with my Blu. However, not being used to the alt*tab yet and not paying attention to which character I was controlling...I go attack the damn gob with my 15 BLM....Ended up wiping whole party out. I felt like such an idiot. I did make up for it and had a great party rest of the way with no issues but holy crap!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:42 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:
I wish I had a screenshot of last night. I goofed so bad it wasn't even funny! In dunes with my alt, first time ever dual boxing in a party. Have my 64 Blu as PL. There is that gob that runs rampant around the camps so I would kill it with my Blu. However, not being used to the alt*tab yet and not paying attention to which character I was controlling...I go attack the damn gob with my 15 BLM....Ended up wiping whole party out. I felt like such an idiot. I did make up for it and had a great party rest of the way with no issues but holy crap!

The hilarious thing is you never completely get 100% used to dual boxing, and especially late at night when you are tired it is easy to space out.

I used to be in a Linkshell with some incredible friends/players, and if I ever could nitpick even the slightest about them, is they tended to too heavily rely on dual-boxxing for LS events. Made for some super DOH! moments in places like Dyna-Tav, late at nite whenever everyone's been online for 6hrs+....

Methinks your oops moments will never be over forever ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:26 pm 

Knarlfist wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:

The hilarious thing is you never completely get 100% used to dual boxing, and especially late at night when you are tired it is easy to space out.

I used to be in a Linkshell with some incredible friends/players, and if I ever could nitpick even the slightest about them, is they tended to too heavily rely on dual-boxxing for LS events. Made for some super DOH! moments in places like Dyna-Tav, late at nite whenever everyone's been online for 6hrs+....

I have a feeling you are correct, the first oops in the line of many oops to come.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:08 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:
Knarlfist wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:

I have a feeling you are correct, the first oops in the line of many oops to come.

As someone who has dual boxed for a really long time, for some reason the best setup for me has always been to split screen a single monitor.. It looks weird on a small monitor but like for example my 34" ultrawide is absolutely ideal for dual box split screen. I guess separate screens side by side works too but to me it's still hard to tell which screen you're on and also they eye sight feels too far away at times. Forget about overlap .. I have no idea how people can keep an overlap dual box working, lol. Try it sometime - set each game launcher to be half of your screen width and the same height.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:13 pm 

projekte wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:
Knarlfist wrote:

As someone who has dual boxed for a really long time, for some reason the best setup for me has always been to split screen a single monitor.. It looks weird on a small monitor but like for example my 34" ultrawide is absolutely ideal for dual box split screen. I guess separate screens side by side works too but to me it's still hard to tell which screen you're on and also they eye sight feels too far away at times. Forget about overlap .. I have no idea how people can keep an overlap dual box working, lol. Try it sometime - set each game launcher to be half of your screen width and the same height.

I usually do an overlap, with each screen being small enough that they can be staggered while still being able to see most of the useful info on both screens at the same time (shadow count, sneak/invis duration, hp/mp/tp, etc.). Whenever I try a side-by-side setup I have trouble keeping track of which screen is active and I end up screwing up more often :\ I suppose it's just what I'm used to after playing on a small laptop screen for so long heh

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:23 am 

i dual box overlapped,
main window is full screen, alt window is 2/3 windowed, when I'm on main it's all i see, when i need cures or support I swap and alts 2/3 takes foreground. It's clunky and there's no environmental awareness for alt when she's not in focus. I get around that with clever macroing, and static pc armor display to /follow without her running off into oblivion on gear swaps. Works great for PL or some lowman content, up to gods & jailers, but I wouldn't try dynamis or limbus, or JoL or HNM as such. Also I been at this for like 5-6 years or somethin like that, so I've hardwired my brain to react with this setup. Was originslly done on a laptop that bit the dust, but even with a decent gaming rig, I can't function any other way xD

p.s. dualboxing always sucks. Takes 1 good player and turns it into 2 subpar players 100% of the time <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 am 

znm - amazing head for smn <3

Attachments:
znm3 copy.jpg
znm3 copy.jpg [ 1.67 MiB | Viewed 1763 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 915 Next