Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1215 Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:41 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
cthalupa wrote:

I did some preliminary testing, no indication that /THF overwrites TH4 from an actual THF.

I'll get a few hundred more data points when I get some time, but pretty sure y'all are just superstitious on this.

oh well as long as you're pretty sure then by all means keep killing wyrms with blu as the last form of th

I mean, do you have any data that shows sub TH overwrites main TH?

I only killed about 20 mobs each with just TH4, TH4 applied and killed with sub THF TH1, and TH1 only, but the first two groups were fairly similar, and last group fairly different.

It's not enough of a sample size to be definitive so it could definitely be wrong, but it's more evidence than "your blu /thf th is overwriting th4" with no details provided whatsoever :P

Anecdotal evidence only. But it isn't a hard practice to follow so it seems wise to do for a mob that you literally stand there for up to 48 hours and don't even always claim.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:59 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Aeroo wrote:

oh well as long as you're pretty sure then by all means keep killing wyrms with blu as the last form of th

I only killed about 20 mobs each with just TH4, TH4 applied and killed with sub THF TH1, and TH1 only, but the first two groups were fairly similar, and last group fairly different.

It's not enough of a sample size to be definitive so it could definitely be wrong, but it's more evidence than "your blu /thf th is overwriting th4" with no details provided whatsoever :P

Anecdotal evidence only. But it isn't a hard practice to follow so it seems wise to do for a mob that you literally stand there for up to 48 hours and don't even always claim.

Except even I think we take it over the top in regards to our TH use. We've never seen any evidence, whether DSP or Nasomi, that TH overwrites from various sources. Of the kills we've done with "TH1" in the sense that /THF was the last to touch a mob, I can't remember drops being super awful in comparison. Everything I've read on DSP reads like when a mob dies, it searches the hate list for people with Treasure Hunter. It then takes the highest Treasure Hunter of those in the killing alliance/party.

ETA: I've stopped trying to argue against the mob in TS in regards to TH("TAG IT AGAIN!!!!!!") as in the grand scheme, it really doesn't matter. Almost every one of us has done Dynaburn here on Nasomi. To then be superstitious about when TH is added, how it's added is laughable to me.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:34 pm 

this was one of my favorite fights in retail, as pld, here i quickly realized they don't share enmity in the same way they do in retail, lil disappointed T.T

Attachments:
prudence.jpg
prudence.jpg [ 1.55 MiB | Viewed 2587 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Aeroo wrote:

I mean, I'll be honest: A bunch of the RFK members are superstitious as fuck so they get mad when we kill Tiamat in the air, despite us having gotten basically as many gaiters overall from those as ground kills, so these days we generally just kill it on the ground so they don't whine about it, lol. So yeah, we'll probably just let the BLMs kill it every time moving forward.

I will say, anecdotally, 100% of the Tiamats I have gotten the KB on with cannonball have dropped gaiters ;D

Kazen wrote:
ETA: I've stopped trying to argue against the mob in TS in regards to TH("TAG IT AGAIN!!!!!!") as in the grand scheme, it really doesn't matter. Almost every one of us has done Dynaburn here on Nasomi. To then be superstitious about when TH is added, how it's added is laughable to me.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I'll go collect the data when I have some free time just for my own satisfaction, but with TS putting the seed of doubt in people's heads no matter what data I present there's going to be members that are we shouldn't kill it in the air or with BLUs and it's not worth arguing with them, lol.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:47 pm 

I'm from TS, can tell them it doesn't matter what you kill it with. /ends The Rock impression. You're welcome Ctha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:43 am 

nobody noticed that was not tiamat but charizard btw >_> ?
i'm that good at photoshop >_> ?

Attachments:
Vrtra copy.jpg
Vrtra copy.jpg [ 930.69 KiB | Viewed 2394 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:34 pm 

:o

Attachments:
Vrtra2 copy copy copy.jpg
Vrtra2 copy copy copy.jpg [ 583.74 KiB | Viewed 2306 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:30 pm 

T

Attachments:
tiamat.jpg
tiamat.jpg [ 109.12 KiB | Viewed 2135 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 pm 

Was hoping other people would post some random screenshots, there's lots of cool things to see if XI that isn't just endgame :D otherwise Atreyus should just rename this thread to "RFK loot drop screenshots"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:05 pm 

u are right, would be nice if more ppl post stuff :D i would love to see some as well

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1215 Next