Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:58 pm 

Deadwing wrote:
Kazen wrote:
The way the rule is worded is done so intentionally but I know for a fact that 2 PCs running Nasomi side-by-side is not punishable.

Using this method to sync the casting is indeed punishable.

Never seen/heard of this being punishable, if you have some evidence to the contrary I'm all ears. Again, people have admitted in IRC to using 2 PCs to 2box Nasomi and in game multiple times.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:15 pm 

I've never been told this directly, but I suspect I'm the reason the rule is written the way it is. In 2015 Nasomi followed me around invisible in Dynamis on a few occasions one-shotting statues. A week later the statue HP had doubled and the mob levels were raised. I believe nas's intention was to make the statues always spawn their mobs.

After the update I mentioned to Nas that I believed I could still one-shot the statues with synced nukes from two black mages; but he was skeptical I could line the timing up that closely.

Well using two computers both on my LAN I could with about an 80% success rate. It was no longer feasible to solo the statues for their HQ currency, but I could drastically speed up a city win run using this tactic, especially if we were lowmanning.

Well nas came to talk to me about that too and I pointed out that it didn't violate the rules as they were then-written. He still indicated to me that I shouldn't use that tactic and at some point, I'm not sure exactly when, the wording of the rules was changed.

Unless he's had a change of heart since then, I can confidently say "I was using two PC's" is not a valid excuse for sync casting, regardless of if it is true. This would go for /wait 1 and alt tab method as well. This is all predicated on the notion of him actually catching you doing it in some meaningful way, which is a whole different story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:25 pm 

Deadwing wrote:
I've never been told this directly, but I suspect I'm the reason the rule is written the way it is. In 2015 Nasomi followed me around invisible in Dynamis on a few occasions one-shotting statues. A week later the statue HP had doubled and the mob levels were raised. I believe nas's intention was to make the statues always spawn their mobs.

After the update I mentioned to Nas that I believed I could still one-shot the statues with synced nukes from two black mages; but he was skeptical I could line the timing up that closely.

Well using two computers both on my LAN I could with about an 80% success rate. It was no longer feasible to solo the statues for their HQ currency, but I could drastically speed up a city win run using this tactic, especially if we were lowmanning.

Well nas came to talk to me about that too and I pointed out that it didn't violate the rules as they were then-written. He still indicated to me that I shouldn't use that tactic and at some point, I'm not sure exactly when, the wording of the rules was changed.

Unless he's had a change of heart since then, I can confidently say "I was using two PC's" is not a valid excuse for sync casting, regardless of if it is true. This would go for /wait 1 and alt tab method as well. This is all predicated on the notion of him actually catching you doing it in some meaningful way, which is a whole different story.

Makes sense. Appears it's another in the long line of things he doesn't actually enforce until forced to do so.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:26 am 

It doesnt matter if nas cares, he is unable to police his server or fix exploits. He keeps it running 24/7, catches pos hackers and some fish bots, and gets lucky occasionally when someone reports something to him. Sadly, Nas does not seem to take the time to comb through the logs and check people's actions, like he would have to do with gor/whatever's at the ownm, to actually enforce his rules/keep his server competitive. He not even be able to discern anything half the time anyways, much less is willing to dedicate that much time to policing when everyone mostly wants more content and there are still exploits that desperately need fixed. To get him to take action, you basically need solid proof of the person exploiting/breaking the rules, with no room for question, which is nearly impossible to get for most of the things currently being abused.

Bonemaster is selling his 4th genie weskit right now, after selling maybe 3-4 nqs. 4 genie weskits and a cursed harness -1 from a 19 day old character, all sold or traded below market value. Nas obviously didnt catch this person in the act duping mats or HQ exploiting, which they obviously did. The economy has been dealing with this shit for 3-4 years with no end in sight.

Fujin was alive and well in upper jeuno on june 28th after rmting his stuff a month before, so he's a bad example. Afaik the only character fujin had banned was his LC character for HQ exploiting, and ive heard the same for houtzuma. So the few people he does catch, arent even adequately punished. Not a good precedence; spend 10-20m to get LC to 96, HQ exploit numerous dusk gloves +1 and trade them out, get the LC banned, and profit.

But yeah, nas let zigma's scumbag crew largely monopolize kclubs by allowing him to make the ownm uncompetitive for how many months before finally introducing a claim sheild? Lol, kind of like the 8 months tatai claimed every HNM. He fixes things slowly, entire linkshells can get geared out and quit in that time, and then he gives you hope with a autoclaim or claim shield. And other times hq exploiting and duping exist for 4 years.

Last edited by exelyon on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:51 am 

exelyon wrote:
It doesnt matter if nas cares, which he barely does, if at all. He is inept. Bonemaster is selling his 4th genie weskit right now. 4 genie weskits and a cursed harness -1 from a 19 day old character, all sold or traded below market value. Nas obviously didnt catch this person in the act duping mats or HQ exploiting, which they obviously did. The economy has been dealing with this shit for 3-4 years with no end in sight.

Fujin was alive and well in upper jeuno on june 28th after rmting his stuff a month before, so he's a bad example. Afaik the only character fujin had banned was his LC character for HQ exploiting, and ive heard the same for houtzuma. So the few people he does catch, arent even adequately punished. What an amazing precedence, spend 10-20m to get LC to 96, HQ exploit numerous dusk gloves +1 and trade them out, get the LC banned, and profit.

But yeah, he let zigma's scumbag crew largely monopolize kclubs by making the ownm uncompetitive for how many months before finally introducing a claim sheild? Lol..

Sadly, Nas is not going to take the time to comb through the logs and check gor/whatever's actions at the ownm to actually enforce his rules/keep his server competitive. He either doesnt have the means or doesnt give a fuck except in lucky, catastrophic, or overwhelmingly reported situations.

Last edited by Zigma on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:52 am 

Camper warned me and said your an evil nasty person i can see it now

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 am 

Macro on Gor:

/wait 1
/targetnpc <wait1>
/ma Dia <t>

alt+tab

Spam stun from menu on Vlax

alt+tab

/wait 1
/targetnpc <wait1>
/ma Dia <t>

alt+tab

alt+tab

/wait 1
/targetnpc <wait1>
/ma Dia <t>

alt+tab

alt+tab

/wait 1
/targetnpc <wait1>
/ma Dia <t>

alt+tab

... not hard. You can literally self-time nuke statues on BLM in dynamis like this if you have BLM on both main+alt.

Rob is just mad he chose a balding Galka as his char and wakes up everyday to see the same thing in the mirror.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:46 am 

exelyon wrote:
It doesnt matter if nas cares, he is unable to police his server or fix exploits. He keeps it running 24/7, catches pos hackers and some fish bots, and gets lucky occasionally when someone reports something to him. Sadly, Nas does not seem to take the time to comb through the logs and check people's actions, like he would have to do with gor/whatever's at the ownm, to actually enforce his rules/keep his server competitive. He not even be able to discern anything half the time anyways, much less is willing to dedicate that much time to policing when everyone mostly wants more content and there are still exploits that desperately need fixed. To get him to take action, you basically need solid proof of the person exploiting/breaking the rules, with no room for question, which is nearly impossible to get for most of the things currently being abused.

Bonemaster is selling his 4th genie weskit right now, after selling maybe 3-4 nqs. 4 genie weskits and a cursed harness -1 from a 19 day old character, all sold or traded below market value. Nas obviously didnt catch this person in the act duping mats or HQ exploiting, which they obviously did. The economy has been dealing with this shit for 3-4 years with no end in sight.

Fujin was alive and well in upper jeuno on june 28th after rmting his stuff a month before, so he's a bad example. Afaik the only character fujin had banned was his LC character for HQ exploiting, and ive heard the same for houtzuma. So the few people he does catch, arent even adequately punished. Not a good precedence; spend 10-20m to get LC to 96, HQ exploit numerous dusk gloves +1 and trade them out, get the LC banned, and profit.

But yeah, nas let zigma's scumbag crew largely monopolize kclubs by allowing him to make the ownm uncompetitive for how many months before finally introducing a claim sheild? Lol, kind of like the 8 months tatai claimed every HNM. He fixes things slowly, entire linkshells can get geared out and quit in that time, and then he gives you hope with a autoclaim or claim shield. And other times hq exploiting and duping exist for 4 years.

The thing I dont get here is zigma is very obviously duping KCs, like I dont get why you'd bot to cover up your duping, just claim you found them on the ground or some shit and let people do the ownm, houtzuma doesnt come to every single behe to try to cover up that hes duping behe hides

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:16 am 

linvala wrote:
The thing I dont get here is zigma is very obviously duping KCs, like I dont get why you'd bot to cover up your duping, just claim you found them on the ground or some shit and let people do the ownm, houtzuma doesnt come to every single behe to try to cover up that hes duping behe hides

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:01 am 

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1907102/Zigma

Sincerely,
Pasi

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next