Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:33 pm 

I absolutely HATE to say it but I agree with Zigma where he says that Nas does care. The thing is that he probably doesn't care about 20~ no lifes playing lottery on an OWNM that may or may no drop some highly coveted item.

He already did something about our complaining by implementing claim shield and I loved it because now it opened the way for people to contest Zigma down there at TC. In general it's amazing, Zigma already lost a KC that would have been essentially his. As rich as he and his group may be, it hurt him enough to start this 'spy' operation and getting some 'serious' editing going on.
It makes me truly happy to see he's annoyed.

Anyways, back to topic.
The only proof that would completely put all of this to rest is seeing an image of Gor pulling this in real time. Obviously that won't happen so we have to go by what's reasonable to believe.
Why cast Dia and Stun? Was GOR THE MIGHTY GALKA afraid to get hit once by the OWNM? which by the way, most times starts the fight with a cast... No, stun is a claiming skill. The utility of casting it in this situation was not OMGWTFBBQLOL strategize the optimal way to fight the mob. It was to claim it.
Yes Kazen, I can also cast Dia and Stun while dual boxing, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do it as a means of claiming. Also, I'd be doubtful you'd be able to pull it off. Let's give it a go and I'll give you 100k (easy money, eh?) if you manage it on a newly spawned mob that has claimshield.

"Hey Tucu, you're dumb, he can do whatever he wants, it's his decision to stun after dia" Cool, I guess he wanted THAT stun SO bad that forgot gravity might be a bit more important. Not like he had chainspell on... ohhh wait.

End of the day this seems like a case of 'owning two computers' but Zigma and Co. will never admit it and use some more whataboutisms. I dislike them, but I give them credit for being creative. They know Gor has the perfect setting to claim and they're using their brains to increase their chances. I do believe Gor uses two machines but that will never be proved and we should let Nasomi do what he wants about this situation without digging deeper into it.

Bleh, I should be working right now...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:38 pm 

tucu wrote:
I absolutely HATE to say it but I agree with Zigma where he says that Nas does care. The thing is that he probably doesn't care about 20~ no lifes playing lottery on an OWNM that may or may no drop some highly coveted item.

He already did something about our complaining by implementing claim shield and I loved it because now it opened the way for people to contest Zigma down there at TC. In general it's amazing, Zigma already lost a KC that would have been essentially his. As rich as he and his group may be, it hurt him enough to start this 'spy' operation and getting some 'serious' editing going on.
It makes me truly happy to see he's annoyed.

Anyways, back to topic.
The only proof that would completely put all of this to rest is seeing an image of Gor pulling this in real time. Obviously that won't happen so we have to go by what's reasonable to believe.
Why cast Dia and Stun? Was GOR THE MIGHTY GALKA afraid to get hit once by the OWNM? which by the way, most times starts the fight with a cast... No, stun is a claiming skill. The utility of casting it in this situation was not OMGWTFBBQLOL strategize the optimal way to fight the mob. It was to claim it.
Yes Kazen, I can also cast Dia and Stun while dual boxing, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do it as a means of claiming. Also, I'd be doubtful you'd be able to pull it off. Let's give it a go and I'll give you 100k (easy money, eh?) if you manage it on a newly spawned mob that has claimshield.

"Hey Tucu, you're dumb, he can do whatever he wants, it's his decision to stun after dia" Cool, I guess he wanted THAT stun SO bad that forgot gravity might be a bit more important. Not like he had chainspell on... ohhh wait.

End of the day this seems like a case of 'owning two computers' but Zigma and Co. will never admit it and use some more whataboutisms. I dislike them, but I give them credit for being creative. They know Gor has the perfect setting to claim and they're using their brains to increase their chances. I do believe Gor uses two machines but that will never be proved and we should let Nasomi do what he wants about this situation without digging deeper into it.

Bleh, I should be working right now...

Probably the most realistic comment on the entire thread I 100% agree with this comment

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:15 pm 

Zigma wrote:
https://streamable.com/9ffyv5

Gotta be honest, there’s a lot of people that cheat on Nasomi. Is Zig one of them? I honestly have no idea, he’s been cool when I talked to him. Either way, if we are banning cheaters let’s start with the ones that aren’t as funny as Zig’s forum presence.

These videos are great.

Also, to be honest, I’ve always considered using two machines to be completely fair.

I always took the rule, and Nabutso once explained it this way, as you aren’t allowed to have one keystroke do something for two characters. You can’t press alt 1 and it fire both characters alt 1 macro. Two machines is very obviously not that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:10 pm 

tucu wrote:

Sorry, like I said to Rob last night at Bubu Heiros, I don't have one of those handy.

tucu wrote:

Stun gives you a moment to create distance and get spells like gravity on. If you can't see why someone would Stun after claiming a mob I don't know what to tell you.

tucu wrote:

Using 2 PCs at the same time isn't illegal. People have admitted to it and I know a lot of people who put their mule on a laptop while they play their main/alt on a desktop.

My entire point is none of this is "proof" of cheating.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:04 pm 

Zigma wrote:
Fhuri wrote:
Dual boxing is fine.

I mean some people are rumored to be using 4+ accounts while duping expensive mats, intentionally breaking non- HQ synths, and duping other big items. Nas doesn’t seem to give a fuck so leave legit dual boxers alone.

I personally think he cares. I mean, look at Fujin. Dude got banned for exploiting crafting. Hell, the guy went around calling everyone an RMT, yet there's proof he used to RMT items lol. Something like Hachi bodies for $250 bucks and flaunt it on discord. If you've ever seen the screenshots that get floated around, you'll see a bunch of people in jail. Mostly new accounts who come from other servers thinking they can come in and start using POS hacks, etc. Everyone complained about low latency having an advantage over average players and he implemented a claim shield. Everyone complained about Rangers being absolute trash and he did his best to fix the job. Blockaid got implemented. It is not a trivial task to just go ahead and maintain and support a private server, with a 1000+ count player base and expect to keep people happy at the same time. The biggest complaint that people have, based on what I've personally seen is the lack of end game content. But then again, let's ask ourselves what else is there to implement without moving the server out of the era. We can throw the obvious ones around, but once he does that, what's next? The complaints about Nas will never stop.

Fujin really didn't give a damn. I've got a screenshot of him fishing on both his characters down in kuftal from a good year and a half ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:46 pm 

Kazen wrote:
tucu wrote:

Stun gives you a moment to create distance and get spells like gravity on. If you can't see why someone would Stun after claiming a mob I don't know what to tell you.

You can just tell me he's using two computers. I use a Taru to pull and see absolutely no need to get stun in to 'create distance'. They're not optimizers... they've ran with 3 RDMs.

Using 2 PCs at the same time IS illegal, that is EXACTLY how you 'control two characters at once'. Which by the way is the title of this thread, which is also a rule set by nasomi.

I understand you want to play lawyer/protect your buddy/be coy but don't insult your intellect. Take it for what it is, he's using two computers and that's fine, other people haven't been punished. It's not enforced, just like many things aren't... just don't repeat a lie so much you'll believe it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:59 pm 

tucu wrote:
Using 2 PCs at the same time IS illegal, that is EXACTLY how you 'control two characters at once'. Which by the way is the title of this thread, which is also a rule set by nasomi.

You are mistaken IMO. The rule was always for programs that make one kestroke do two things in two different windows, i.e. controlling two characters at once. Two computers is two keystrokes, and is fine. That said, this is my interpretation and to err on the side of caution is probably your best bet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:02 pm 

Lyce wrote:
tucu wrote:

You are mistaken IMO. The rule was always for programs that make one kestroke do two things in two different windows, i.e. controlling two characters at once. Two computers is two keystrokes, and is fine. That said, this is my interpretation and to err on the side of caution is probably your best bet.

Agreed, that’s what I said earlier.

I don’t think using two PC’s is cheating at all

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:21 pm 

tucu wrote:
I understand you want to play lawyer/protect your buddy/be coy but don't insult your intellect. Take it for what it is, he's using two computers and that's fine, other people haven't been punished. It's not enforced, just like many things aren't... just don't repeat a lie so much you'll believe it.

Who is my buddy in this situation? Zigma? I've said he's suspect and I think he's cheating. The way the rule is worded is done so intentionally but I know for a fact that 2 PCs running Nasomi side-by-side is not punishable. What is is using 1 keystroke to fire actions on 2 different clients.

Edit: Ya'll know there's someone who afaik still plays who was punished for this(2 actions at once) in Jaz/Keshou or w/e right? He WASN'T using 2 PCs at the same time.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:39 pm 

Kazen wrote:
The way the rule is worded is done so intentionally but I know for a fact that 2 PCs running Nasomi side-by-side is not punishable.

Using this method to sync the casting is indeed punishable.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next