Lobby: Up
Online: 29
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:08 pm 

Pipz wrote:
Cause on retail a monster would go white and lose aggro. Only times I remember a teleport glitch was znms and abyssea. And even then it was bannable if you got caught. Doesn't matter if you wanna try to derail this conversation. This is cheating, abusing teleporters is not a mechanic. Also his original defense of him not damaging the monster makes it not an exploit is completely wrong, an exploit by definition is "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage" The advantage being killing the NM hence why you did it. Also he knows its wrong by even bringing up the damage comment and trying to deflect.

Never once saw anything happen to a single person ever for ZNMs, had quit by the time Abyssea was a thing so can't say there.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:36 pm 

Pipz wrote:
Cause on retail a monster would go white and lose aggro. Only times I remember a teleport glitch was znms and abyssea. And even then it was bannable if you got caught. Doesn't matter if you wanna try to derail this conversation. This is cheating, abusing teleporters is not a mechanic. Also his original defense of him not damaging the monster makes it not an exploit is completely wrong, an exploit by definition is "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage" The advantage being killing the NM hence why you did it. Also he knows its wrong by even bringing up the damage comment and trying to deflect.

Yeah no, nobody ever got banned for using teleporters on retail. Hell, even to this day, using them is a recommended strategy for some NMs on ffxiclopedia. I'm not defending anyone here, but you can't make facts up to prove a point.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:54 pm 

Everyone was pretty mad when Teenytaru pinned KB on a wall with carbuncle for 25 minutes too but he didn't get banned either. But a group that was weirdly pathing an ownm did. Just depends how hes feeling when he hears about a thing I guess. Really don't see how you can look at the path Boroka is taking between islands and make any comparison about it to retail. I do agree the responsibility is on him to fix the pathing or make some stipulations on mobs able to go unclaimed if theyre not being acted on or able to act on anything for an extended time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:18 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Everyone was pretty mad when Teenytaru pinned KB on a wall with carbuncle for 25 minutes too but he didn't get banned either. But a group that was weirdly pathing an ownm did. Just depends how hes feeling when he hears about a thing I guess. Really don't see how you can look at the path Boroka is taking between islands and make any comparison about it to retail. I do agree the responsibility is on him to fix the pathing or make some stipulations on mobs able to go unclaimed if theyre not being acted on or able to act on anything for an extended time.

There are no rules on retail that would have resulted in using teleports to kite mobs resulting in a banning, and I saw people do it repeatedly on both Valefor and Alexander, and yes, it is the recommend strategy for soloing NMs listed on many articles, referenced on many posts on ffxiah, KI, allakhazam, etc.

That's a lot different than pinning a mob in place and preventing draw in mechanics from working.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:33 pm 

On retail and strategies your referring to is about losing hate on teleports because monsters lost aggro and turned white if everyone went through. Someone would take it to teleporter to lose hate and have it run back to a party member. This is a single person using a method where the monster never gets to attack him,he never loses hate, and can do it as a lvl 1. Something completely not doable on retail.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:11 am 

Pipz wrote:
On retail and strategies your referring to is about losing hate on teleports because monsters lost aggro and turned white if everyone went through. Someone would take it to teleporter to lose hate and have it run back to a party member. This is a single person using a method where the monster never gets to attack him,he never loses hate, and can do it as a lvl 1. Something completely not doable on retail.

This.

Normally I agree with you ctha but I think youre heavily conflating the two things together here when its just not comparable. The strategy youre talking about using would have the mob go unclaimed over and over and over again in retail and it would be taken by someone who doesn't need to employ that tactic if they are around to do so. Anyone can do that here legally with ix'drg but if it gets snatched away from them in the process that is on them too. This isn't the same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:17 am 

Pipz wrote:

This is absolutely true tho, he probably could do it as a lvl 1. thats why this method is extremely messed up. it doesnt matter class job or lvl if the mob takes time to get to you and is unable to hit you all you have to do is just zone a alt and zip him back and forth on the teleporter until hes visible. he wouldn't even get close enough

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:48 am 

Aeroo wrote:
Anyone can do that here legally with ix'drg but if it gets snatched away from them in the process that is on them too. This isn't the same.

Almost, but pretty sure on Nasomi Ix'DRG just runs through, linking a bunch of aerns in the process. Still on the same page on the topic, these tactics are shady AF and wouldn't fly in retail, the mob just lost all aggro, unlike Nasomi where promy/limbus/riverne/etc... mobs just follow through.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:11 pm 

It would require someone in retail to care :/ Back on bismarck in the old day... SE could have banned half the pop with justification, but they didnt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:39 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Pipz wrote:

This.

Normally I agree with you ctha but I think youre heavily conflating the two things together here when its just not comparable. The strategy youre talking about using would have the mob go unclaimed over and over and over again in retail and it would be taken by someone who doesn't need to employ that tactic if they are around to do so. Anyone can do that here legally with ix'drg but if it gets snatched away from them in the process that is on them too. This isn't the same.

So, I do get where you're coming from here.

To me, I think the issue is, Nas being broken on this subject means that you either have to allow this, or you rule out a whole class of legitimate strategies and no longer allow them to be done. Even on retail zoning at teleporters was a way people solo'ed stuff, regardless of it going white - people put dots on stuff so they didn't regen.

On the mobs where this sort of thing can really matter, they have mechanics like draw in and rage to prevent people from abusing it indefinitely, and bypassing those, like the carby holds, is, at least imo, a separate issue.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next