Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:51 pm 

Hello all

I'm looking for an FFXI client installed and updated from SE at some point 2010 or earlier and left untouched since then. If anyone has old hard disks or last-decade PC's tucked away, I'm happy to compensate you $100 for your time if you can find an install and zip it up for me. Be sure not to open playonline or let it update in any way or that would ruin it.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:42 am 

I have the ffxi ultimate collection on disc. Just came across it last week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:46 am 

dogum99 wrote:
I have the ffxi ultimate collection on disc. Just came across it last week.

Thank you for the interest, but it won't work unless it was installed and updated during the level 75 era.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:04 am 

I have the original retail release in CD somewhere (maybe). The one with the screaming dude when playonline launches. I did spring cleaning however and may have thrown it away. maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:34 am 

um there might be old patches on tpb from the updater being bad?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:53 am 

I got it. Wait until the holidays and i'll create an iso of the playonline + cds.

As compensation, please send it here

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:23 pm 

I'm like 78.2% positive that I have a HDD laying around with an install from that era somewhere in the garage, though I think it was from *right* after they upped the cap to 80 (or 85? can't remember).. so probably a little later than you're looking for anyway :| I'm also like 50% sure it's in a RAID0 and I have no idea where the other drive (much less the RAID controller) might be, sooooo most likely a useless endeavor...

As far as a useful contribution, though - did you try putting up posts on FFXIAH or the BG forums? There are still bastions of retail players floating around that might have an old hard drive laying around somewhere.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:51 am 

Zigma wrote:
I got it. Wait until the holidays and i'll create an iso of the playonline + cds.

As compensation, please send it here

If I had to take a guess, this won't actually start up. I'm happy to try it though and forward the reward cash to Nasomi if it works.

Gollum wrote:
I'm like 78.2% positive that I have a HDD laying around with an install from that era somewhere in the garage, though I think it was from *right* after they upped the cap to 80 (or 85? can't remember).. so probably a little later than you're looking for anyway :| I'm also like 50% sure it's in a RAID0 and I have no idea where the other drive (much less the RAID controller) might be, sooooo most likely a useless endeavor...

As far as a useful contribution, though - did you try putting up posts on FFXIAH or the BG forums? There are still bastions of retail players floating around that might have an old hard drive laying around somewhere.

I was going to hit BG and ffxiah next. Thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:05 pm 

I got the installs ready. Do you still need them?
I recall in order to get the vanilla version working, you need to run it in compatibility mode.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:34 pm 

also have an installation dated 12/2012.

I'll keep digging. Prob have an older one as well.