Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:36 pm 

I think we can all agree that it's getting tiresome having zones crashed repeatedly while trying to do content on Nasomi. There needs to be something in place to deter this, so thought we could spit ball some ideas.

New Character Referral Link
You cannot create a character without receiving a referral link from an existing player who satisfies certain criteria such as account age minimum, job level minimum, rank minimum? I think Eden does something similar. If you don't know anyone to obtain a link, you can request an automatic one that generates after say, x amount of hours, but is flagged for special monitoring for so many days after creation. So if a player is caught zone crashing or whatever, you can trace it to whomever referred, and if there's a repeat offender you punish them too.

It's not full-proof or perfect, but it's a starting point. No idea how it would be to implement either. Things can't continue as they are, this is a declining server as is but a lot of us have put so much time into it already we don't want to see it dwindle further.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:19 pm 

Would take a while for Nas to engineer a solution like that and get it implemented. I think a temporary band-aid that could fix issues is to apply a level requirement for big king zones. No reason for a lv1-50 to be in VoS/BD/DA anyways besides exploring. Then start perma banning any of the 75's caught crashing the zone multiple times.

Nas has said in the past that the server prints the last action taken before the zone crashes, would be an interesting idea to print last event on the world status page then the community can self police which is kinda what we do already since Nas doesn't wanna fix issues anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:32 pm 

siknoz wrote:
Would take a while for Nas to engineer a solution like that and get it implemented. I think a temporary band-aid that could fix issues is to apply a level requirement for big king zones. No reason for a lv1-50 to be in VoS/BD/DA anyways besides exploring. Then start perma banning any of the 75's caught crashing the zone multiple times.

Nas has said in the past that the server prints the last action taken before the zone crashes, would be an interesting idea to print last event on the world status page then the community can self police which is kinda what we do already since Nas doesn't wanna fix issues anyways.

I don't think blaming zone crashes on just whomever you like the least in the zone, as it's currently done, is what I would call self policing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:34 pm 

siknoz wrote:

I actually said this to Ahriman the other day in tell to just have Nas block low levels entering high lvl zones, probably the quickest and easiest fix from a coding standpoint.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:10 am 

Starbright wrote:
siknoz wrote:

I don't think blaming zone crashes on just whomever you like the least in the zone, as it's currently done, is what I would call self policing.

This was a tongue in cheek response as whenever someone from TS makes a forum post they tend to get banned. #freerixx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:37 pm 

siknoz wrote:
Starbright wrote:
siknoz wrote:

This was a tongue in cheek response as whenever someone from TS makes a forum post they tend to get banned. #freerixx

I figured you meant it as tongue in cheek, but that doesn't change the fact that that is actually what is going on lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:00 pm 

only took nas 5 years to remove the ownm LOL

gl in da today gents

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:55 pm 

My understanding is that with this referral system is no new players would be able to join the server unless someone already on it gives them a code, AND there's huge requirements on the player who is getting the code for the new player.(like Eden has)
That sounds awful ..do you really think someone who is new and doesn't know anyone on the server will try to join it under these circumstances. This literally locks out most new players(even though there's not a lot of them these days).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:58 pm 

skate398 wrote:
My understanding is that with this referral system is no new players would be able to join the server unless someone already on it gives them a code, AND there's huge requirements on the player who is getting the code for the new player.(like Eden has)
That sounds awful ..do you really think someone who is new and doesn't know anyone on the server will try to join it under these circumstances. This literally locks out most new players(even though there's not a lot of them these days).

It'd need to go along with a relatively-easy-access system like Eden has with their Discord: just jump in and request a code (or however many you need for alt/mule) and people generally turn them around within a couple minutes.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"