Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Switchmon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:08 pm 

Hey there fella's and fellet's,

I've been trying forever to get switchmon to work and it just wont. I ran a test yesterday with antimacro just to make sure its possible (it is) but then quickly deleted it since third party program stuff. I'm trying to do the right thing here and get switchmon working on my Xbox one controller. Reaching away from controller to alt-tab makes for a really crappy dual boxer. Anyone that's tried different things and found a solution please let me know. I am trying to program the left menu button (the one that usually clears your screen of menu's and chat) I have unlinked it in NasConfig so there's no conflict. Anything helps. Thanks in advance guys and gals!
(Yes, i've searched the forums and no im not gonna use xinput+, which seems to fix everything but still. third party stuff)

Post subject: Re: Switchmon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:39 pm 

razallmighty wrote:
Hey there fella's and fellet's,

I've been trying forever to get switchmon to work and it just wont. I ran a test yesterday with antimacro just to make sure its possible (it is) but then quickly deleted it since third party program stuff. I'm trying to do the right thing here and get switchmon working on my Xbox one controller. Reaching away from controller to alt-tab makes for a really crappy dual boxer. Anyone that's tried different things and found a solution please let me know. I am trying to program the left menu button (the one that usually clears your screen of menu's and chat) I have unlinked it in NasConfig so there's no conflict. Anything helps. Thanks in advance guys and gals!
(Yes, i've searched the forums and no im not gonna use xinput+, which seems to fix everything but still. third party stuff)

Make sure you run it as "Admin" otherwise it won't work. So right click, "Run as Admin" and you should be good. If not, good luck?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:12 pm 

Chariya wrote:

Make sure you run it as "Admin" otherwise it won't work. So right click, "Run as Admin" and you should be good. If not, good luck?[/quote]

tried both regular and as admin. For some reason running anything as admin crashes my game windows so it has to be running before i open game. Is that my issue maybe? Are you supposed to open it after windows are open? If so, how do you stop it from crashing the game?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:18 pm 

switchmon wont work with xbox controllers by itself for some reason.

but there is a way around it. you need to modify switchmon with a another program. it took me like an hour or two of searching/googling but i eventually figured it out.

if you search around im sure you'll figure it out too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 pm 

To get Switchmon working with XBOX One controllers, you need to use XInput Plus.
Once you open XInput Plus, select the "target program" at the top and direct it to your Switchmon EXE. then Click the DirectInput Tab and check the box for Enable DirectInput, Next go to the SEttings tab and click the DLL Files, check the boxes for them.
Hit Apply and you're almost done.
Lastly right-click your Siwtchmon EXE > Properties > Compatibility tab - check Run as Admin, and check Run in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) selected, hit apply and ok.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:57 am 

Really hoping to do this without xinput+. Unless of course Nasomi wants to give it the green light officially. I'm not tryin to get the hammer for somethin silly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 pm 

I don't see why you couldn't use XInput Plus, all it does it modify Switchmon to allow XBOX One controllers to work with it, and FFXI.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:57 am 

I gave up on xb1 and just went with ds4, also, there are other cheap controllers u can use instead of ds4, they work well, and are mostly wired, wich it was more comfty for me.

Best PLD BRD BLM DNC SCH on Nasomi 8-)

Voted Nasomi Player of the Millennium :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:15 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5877

just use Xinput+. It patches Switchmon. It does nothing to the game files, so don't see why Nasomi would ban you for doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 pm 

Thr33Swords wrote:
https://na.nasomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5877

just use Xinput+. It patches Switchmon. It does nothing to the game files, so don't see why Nasomi would ban you for doing it.

I would love to. Seems like an easy fix that tons of people are using. But ultimately if the man that built the place decides to feel some sorta way about it one day. Then there goes my time, energy, and effort. If he pops in and says "Im good with that. go ahead." then i'll go ahead. Till then i'ma stick with the authorized 3rd party programs even though it doesn't work. At least i still get to play. Is what it is.