Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: kick attacks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:33 pm 

I love when we have these discussions as if anyone actually participates in a merit party lmao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:56 pm 

Tex wrote:
Tbh I haven't bothered checking the math, but I vaguely remembered this being a thing in era too. However I also remember this dude being a pretty respected Monk main back in the day - from a pretty quick google search

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5648 ... ts-vs-fuma

Given Nasomi and DSP's in general jank physical damage formulas though, who tf knows if this is relevant to Nasomi. Spharai's extra damage can proc on kick attacks here too, so I'm sure that will also need to be factored in to some degree.

Thanks for the link! Small side note Spharai no longer proc on kicks or off hand attacks as far as I can tell after about 40 hours of farming since the changes to relic proc rate whenever the hell that was.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:42 pm 

Can't say ive noticed any procs on kick attacks or off hand from Spharai, is it meant to?

Also whats up with Guarding on mnk? Feels like its a big part of MNK that doesn't work here, mines at 44 probably get 1 skill up a month and a proc every 2 months. I remember reading awhile ago a lad went to the effort of skilling up it and still didnt do much, loved to guard some of them heavy hitting TP moves that mobs like to spam one after the other here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:04 pm 

Nidu wrote:
Can't say ive noticed any procs on kick attacks or off hand from Spharai, is it meant to?

Also whats up with Guarding on mnk? Feels like its a big part of MNK that doesn't work here, mines at 44 probably get 1 skill up a month and a proc every 2 months. I remember reading awhile ago a lad went to the effort of skilling up it and still didnt do much, loved to guard some of them heavy hitting TP moves that mobs like to spam one after the other here

Guarding works and works quite well, I solo a lot and farm with MNK so mine is a bit over 200 and procs maybe 30% of the time or so when I'm farming.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:02 am 

DiaperLoad wrote:
So are kick attacks broken on Nasomi?

They work fine.

Tex wrote:
Tbh I haven't bothered checking the math, but I vaguely remembered this being a thing in era too. However I also remember this dude being a pretty respected Monk main back in the day.

Every test I ever saw in era on KI/BG came to the same conclusion

Nidu wrote:
Also whats up with Guarding on mnk? Feels like its a big part of MNK that doesn't work here, mines at 44 probably get 1 skill up a month and a proc every 2 months.

I felt this way on retail, but on nas it skilled up pretty quick. I did a fair amount of soloing and farming along the way to 75, and capped guarding shortly after. Seems to proc decently IMO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:37 pm 

While leveling all monks pretty much /nin.
Now that im 75 I've toyed around with different subs.
My guarding skill ups happen way way faster as /war.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:42 pm 

Fun fact: guarding skill ups happen regardless of the mob level attacking you. Grab up a herd of mandies some defense gear or /rdm and you will be capped in no time. Guarding works, but as it was in retail its fairly useless. Your casts still get interrupted if guard procs. It also doesn't reduce damage enough to justify not being /nin. So at most its blocking some damage when shadows are down. Compared to parry or evasion its just less useful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:14 pm 

Savok wrote:
Fun fact: guarding skill ups happen regardless of the mob level attacking you. Grab up a herd of mandies some defense gear or /rdm and you will be capped in no time. Guarding works, but as it was in retail its fairly useless. Your casts still get interrupted if guard procs. It also doesn't reduce damage enough to justify not being /nin. So at most its blocking some damage when shadows are down. Compared to parry or evasion its just less useful.

pm nas but seem nas too busy atm to looks into mnk but
yea i was big on "guarding skill"
300+ guardskill + 100+ agi max out acc+
guard proc rate/dmg reduction = shit show, even to a decent challenge mob

ps. kick att = shit show w/o footwork