Lobby: Up
Online: 56
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:44 am 

People cry for more content without realizing that we wouldn’t be out of content, if it wasn’t for ez mode issues that should be erased and fixed (relics and merits)

Being able to dualbox relics with 1 other person in a matter of a few weeks is hilarious. Also, the content we have might be harder if every single person didn’t have every single job fully merited to the max.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:29 am 

I guess I'm just not convinced that ~80% critical fail rate is retail accurate. After reading through numerous old forums, it's easy to see that the ~55% failure rate on desynthesis is very similar to what people experienced back in retail, but I have seen no claims anywhere of people losing their items 4/5 fails. Not even close, really, if anything critical failures was less than 50%, far less with people stacking moghancement. Now the critical failures in general, even in normal synthesis, is extremely high here, so I assume that's just part nasomi specific crafting. But lets not pretend like this is retail accurate.

We went from ~25% failure (far lower than retail) with ~50 crit failure (retail accurate)
to ~55% failure (retail accurate) with ~80% critical failures (far higher than retail)

I get that people are happy he smashed some particular vendor craft it into the ground, and I don't even care since I rarely did desynthesis on alchemy, but why act like its now retail accurate?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:26 am 

w

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am 

Kazen wrote:
Big wall of text

Those google doc numbers are really interesting, that's a great chunk of data on those rates. I'm curious about the number of mobs. My guess would be circa 700, but I could be off on that as I've never actually farmed those zones myself.

You're right that the zones were different, though I disagree that it's a major contributing factor. I believe the bulk of the AOE burns could be done on retail as they are done here and I did in fact run a few 4-6 person city farming runs with blms in 2010 shortly before the level cap raise. I think retail was just starting to get there. A long time ago I manually parsed the unfiltered chatlog off old youtube videos of dynamis and did not find the HP values of the city mobs to be significantly out of wack. I did not look closely into COP mobs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:47 pm 

Deadwing wrote:
Kazen wrote:
Big wall of text

Those google doc numbers are really interesting, that's a great chunk of data on those rates. I'm curious about the number of mobs. My guess would be circa 700, but I could be off on that as I've never actually farmed those zones myself.

You're right that the zones were different, though I disagree that it's a major contributing factor. I believe the bulk of the AOE burns could be done on retail as they are done here and I did in fact run a few 4-6 person city farming runs with blms in 2010 shortly before the level cap raise. I think retail was just starting to get there. A long time ago I manually parsed the unfiltered chatlog off old youtube videos of dynamis and did not find the HP values of the city mobs to be significantly out of wack. I did not look closely into COP mobs.

Definitely not 700, there's 9 groups of Nightmare mobs with no more than 45 of each family. I'm planning on running Bubu today or tomorrow so I'll have concrete numbers then.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop