Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:04 pm 

EmeraldxWeapon wrote:
Are people forced to read through every single post on this forum or something? If you dont like a thread or where it's going then... just stop reading? why be an asshole.

I enjoyed reading through this topic Zackreaver! If a remake or spin off ever comes I hope they do implement some great new ideas while keeping the core of what made ffxi special

Oh do you not hear random conversations out in the world and decide to tell the people you hear that their ideas are stupid and to just stop talking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 am 

EmeraldxWeapon wrote:
Are people forced to read through every single post on this forum or something? If you dont like a thread or where it's going then... just stop reading? why be an asshole.

I enjoyed reading through this topic Zackreaver! If a remake or spin off ever comes I hope they do implement some great new ideas while keeping the core of what made ffxi special

I appreciate the sentiment, I do hope the same as well.

I've been searching around to try and find a game that scratches the same kind of itch that FFXI does. But barely any game even comes close. Closest i've actually seen is Guild wars 1.

It's just a shame though because the immediate thought by developers when a games population is dying, is to allow people to skip content and invalid older content. It's saddening that retail is currently in a state where you basically don't party for 98 levels of the game. The entire experience feels so single player at that point that it's hard to call the game an MMO anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:00 pm 

4th page in and no one has mentioned the idea of changing ffxi's awful UI? I know it was originally a console port so list menus were the easiest solution for that. But retail now is PC only and they still have the original, clunky UI. I agree with most of the thoughts in this thread on modern MMO's, but at least their UI's aren't a burden to navigate. The only improvements to the UI over the years have been small information display upgrades such as time remaining on buffs and party tp (most of these ideas were stolen from popular mods anyway).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:47 pm 

Can DSP run on a decentralized virtual machine (e.g., ethereum)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:00 pm 

Julia wrote:
Can DSP run on a decentralized virtual machine (e.g., ethereum)?

This is a terrible idea.