Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New content soon?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:51 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
I think the bigger question is who is going to go on retail to capture content data so that it can be recreated for a private server? There exists a discord full of retail captures, many of it is content the server currently doesn't have. ODS, some ENM's just to name a few. On Eden, they had a bunch of people who volunteered and just went around on retail capturing stuff so that the dev's could script it up and release it. Nothing is stopping anyone from going on retail, capturing any and all the in era content their interested in, loading up their own test environments and trying to get it to work. By that point, its either a yes or no answer from Nasomi if he would want to graph it onto his server to make it compatible with his environment.

I gotta think Nasomi would probably take a look at it, its less stuff he would have to do but that would take a community effort rather than going to claim your 842nd Fafnir.

All Nas has to do is ask and im sure people would do it, but thats the issue.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:41 pm 

Bielsa wrote:
Attachment:
lmfao1.JPG

I still wear that dale gribble costume when I mow grass sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:35 am 

i've more or less stopped playing, but i still have friends so i pop in time to time to read the forums. To give you my opinion, it seems like with certain nerfs and the fish camp removal vs, by comparison, the zeni NM road map for instance which is 16months old at this point (and hasnt seen any movement in almost a full calendar year), Nasomi has actually removed more content in the last two years than he has added.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:39 am 

Do lvl 70 red hp earrings count? I was pretty happy seeing those work. Now im just waiting for hydra and manes to spawn XD

As for helping... there's alot people can do as players.
Become a mentor!
Help ppl w/ missions, exp, that kinda jazz.
Build a guide to something! (There is alot of info us old folks know that isn't really written down anywhere.)

Can always hangout in naschat w/ me. Maybe some translators and a few more people on at odd hours to catch the easy fixes. Trust me if i can do it anyone else will probably do it better.

A perfect example of old folk info : Who knows how to become a mentor on nasomi?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:54 pm 

disposablehero wrote:
Do lvl 70 red hp earrings count? I was pretty happy seeing those work. Now im just waiting for hydra and manes to spawn XD

As for helping... there's alot people can do as players.
Become a mentor!
Help ppl w/ missions, exp, that kinda jazz.
Build a guide to something! (There is alot of info us old folks know that isn't really written down anywhere.)

Can always hangout in naschat w/ me. Maybe some translators and a few more people on at odd hours to catch the easy fixes. Trust me if i can do it anyone else will probably do it better.

A perfect example of old folk info : Who knows how to become a mentor on nasomi?

Ahri help me do 5-1 and 5-2.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:32 pm 

I really like this server and the people that are on it, but unfortunately it seems like the other servers have a tad bit more communication between the creator and the players. I'm not surprised people are going to Eden and Wings.

But hey, thanks for the Super Bowl betting thing...I guess?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 pm 

lol yell at me when u do 5-2, need it for excalipoo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:38 am 

disposablehero wrote:
Become a mentor!

Since I've become a mentor I feel it's actually added more to the game for me, but I enjoy helping people. I frequently walk by newbies and toss them a few thousand gil and a welcome message offering help if they ever need it. I've done countless Limit Breaks and Missions for new players, and it doesn't really get old.

Of course, there's the occasional question I have no clue how to answer, but having a lot of friends on the server means I can just direct them to someone or even somewhere that I know they'll get the help they need. There's quite a few people I've built relationships with and have been friends with for years now (even outside of FFXI after they stop playing or something).

I recommend it to anyone who likes to lend a hand. Very rewarding and "adds content" in a sense.

I suck.
Ninja is the best job.
http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:11 am 

Tenshu wrote:
Stillenigmatic wrote:
So people still complaining about a dude who has already delivered an entire server, events, support, website, forums and more to you all.. free of charge? for 8+ years? Got it.

People are complaining because he goes MIA for months at a time, comes back says he is working on content, then rarely delivers. Keeping people on the hook is disingenuous and frustrating for everyone. Either deliver on what you say or be honest that you dont have any time to work on things and its not gonna happen. Even if you think that being honest will cause people to leave, they already are. So either ride this off into the sunset or let other people help code if you dont have time, but stop dragging us along with false hope.

Reason #15 why I left.

I went to retail with friends and it still has the classic feel to it but with quality of life changes. We can still run events together and have fun - lots to do.

I hope all of my old peeps are doing well!

Peace!

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:31 am 

the real content is the friends you made along the way

http://rfklinkshell.com/