Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Damage Calculator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:40 pm 

Rbolomey wrote:
9/13/21 Update
Added a bunch of HNM monsters (stats from other private server but look fairly accurate).

Press X to doubt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:42 am 

yea you're right when i say fairly accurate i mean in the ballpark. They could be way off though. I did most of my testing on lesser colibri, colibri, seaboard vulture, and lamia idolator... so if you wanna test something out with this I would use those mobs. And just make sure you don't have dia 3 or some buff enabled if your not using it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:08 am 

11/18/21 Update
Added some additional monster types to Blue
Guillotine had str modifier instead of mnd by accident, fixed that
Added ability to turn alpha modifier to 1 and turn on ftp mirroring if your interested in seeing results with those on or off
Added some HNM HP stats
Added a buff list so you can see what you chose on the graph page and near the top of the choices page
Adjusted adamantoise family to have +12.5% dmg to H2H/blunt and -12.5% to others and added HP for ada/aspi/genbu
Added spirits within, vorpal thrust, skewer, shell crusher, retribution, true strike, blade: ten, savage blade, and 4 new axe WS, a bunch of low lvl WS, and some MYTHIC WS for fun.
Added an iterate function graph to show the benefits of adding different stats in multiples of 5
Changed the notes section of weaponskills to explain more about how I incorporated certain bonuses like "Chance of critical hit varies with TP".
Added more information on skillchain options.
Updated attack multiplier to 2 for detonator.
I unprotected the WS traits table and monster traits table in case people wanted to use post 2014 WS values or just didn't agree with my values for WS or monsters.
I brought colibri, lesser colibri, and seaboard vultures to the top because I verified there stats for def/eva and agi/vit within +/- 1. For people who want to verify the equations or anything else on Nasomi I would recommend fighting these mobs when using the excel sheet unless you go verify anything else yourself.
Fixed an error where PDIF min/max would go to 0 for melee when your attack was very low (some situations with Kirin).
Fixed an error where relic proc rate was 5% for everything when it should be 7% for 2-handed weapons.
Fixed a minor Kraken club + OAX error
Added an alternate C-ratio vs. PDIF graph, the popular W-ratio vs. PDIF graph from Montenten's retail testing. Only the melee graph though.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bmdintrn ... 656sxwrcvk
Attachment:
Montenten plot for Wratio vs pdif.JPG
Montenten plot for Wratio vs pdif.JPG [ 63.14 KiB | Viewed 3059 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:41 pm 

Rbolomey wrote:
11/18/21 Update
Added some additional monster types to Blue
Guillotine had str modifier instead of mnd by accident, fixed that
Added ability to turn alpha modifier to 1 and turn on ftp mirroring if your interested in seeing results with those on or off
Added some HNM HP stats
Added a buff list so you can see what you chose on the graph page and near the top of the choices page
Adjusted adamantoise family to have +12.5% dmg to H2H/blunt and -12.5% to others and added HP for ada/aspi/genbu
Added spirits within, vorpal thrust, skewer, shell crusher, retribution, true strike, blade: ten, savage blade, and 4 new axe WS, a bunch of low lvl WS, and some MYTHIC WS for fun.
Added an iterate function graph to show the benefits of adding different stats in multiples of 5
Changed the notes section of weaponskills to explain more about how I incorporated certain bonuses like "Chance of critical hit varies with TP".
Added more information on skillchain options.
Updated attack multiplier to 2 for detonator.
I unprotected the WS traits table and monster traits table in case people wanted to use post 2014 WS values or just didn't agree with my values for WS or monsters.
I brought colibri, lesser colibri, and seaboard vultures to the top because I verified there stats for def/eva and agi/vit within +/- 1. For people who want to verify the equations or anything else on Nasomi I would recommend fighting these mobs when using the excel sheet unless you go verify anything else yourself.
Fixed an error where PDIF min/max would go to 0 for melee when your attack was very low (some situations with Kirin).
Fixed an error where relic proc rate was 5% for everything when it should be 7% for 2-handed weapons.
Fixed a minor Kraken club + OAX error
Added an alternate C-ratio vs. PDIF graph, the popular W-ratio vs. PDIF graph from Montenten's retail testing. Only the melee graph though.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bmdintrn ... 656sxwrcvk
Attachment:
Montenten plot for Wratio vs pdif.JPG

bro.. can I suggest you take your talents and dedication on to a more profitable venture? A lot of the values, I imagine, this calc uses are unknown because it's Nasomi and he wouldn't want that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:38 am 

post has been here awhile, so not nuked yet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:33 am 

I was always so confused about how physical damage was calculated in retail. And when I got on Nas I was hoping to understand it better, but there was so much misinformation about it and that Nas messed it all up. So far from all the testing I've done it seems like he is very very close to retail. I am trying to lay it all out slowly in my other post "Weaponskill Modifier Validation" to just help people as I couldn't find much concrete math on the subject, just a bunch of opinions. In general this is what I have found so far that seems the same/different.

Basic Melee equation is: (Base damage on weapon + fSTR)*pDIF
Basic weaponskill equation: (Base damage on weapon + fSTR + WSC*alphamodifier)*pDIF*fTP

Correct compared to retail (post2007-pre2014):
1. Base damage on weapons seem accurate
2. pDIF seems accurate to Pchan/Montenten Model here( https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/10816 ... ost5007405 ). You can test by eating attack food to cap your cratio with a 2 handed weapon and swinging on mobs rabbits in valkurm or weaker mobs. Just divide the damage by your (base damage+fSTR) and you should find a max close to 2.76. You can also view my other post "weaponskill modifier validation" where i did a whole bunch of attack ranges and plotted it on the pDIF chart.
3. Cratio is what feeds into the pDIF equation and is (your attack / monsters defense). This looks like it is post 2007 - pre-2014 as it caps at 2 for 1 handers and 2.25 for 2-handers. I validated but haven't gotten around to sharing the info yet but you can just do the same as above with a 1 hand weapon and should land around 2.52pDIF. It's also correctly affected by lvl difference: c-Ratio - (your level - enemy level)*0.05
4. fSTR seems accurate (you can test by swinging on a lesser colibri with a 1 dmg weapon. Equation is: ((ur STR - mob VIT)+4)/4, when you are > 11 STR over its VIT. Colibri VIT is 52-55 depending on the lvl of the mob). The cap on fSTR contribution is (base damage of weapon / 9) + 8.
5. Weaponskills like spinning slash and tachi: gekko also get an attack multiplier like retail before being fed into cRatio equation. I also verified this in that other post for spinning slash/ground strike.
6. fTP seems to calculate correctly as the avg. of 20+ weaponskills usually ends up close to the calculated damage when getting the other values right (if using (pdifmax-pdifmin)/2 in the equation).
7. Mob weaknesses appear to work correctly: Ex: colibri take +25% more damage to piercing.
8. Weaponskills follow the post2007-pre2014 modifiers. You can read more in my other post: "Weaponskill Modifier Validation" on how I tested this with the Scythe weaponskills Slice and Catastrophe.

Incorrect compared to retail:
1. WSC I almost correct except that it doesn't seem to take the lv 75 alpha modifier or 0.83 into account and instead uses 1. You can read more about this in the other post I mentioned "Weaponskill Modifier Validation".
2. Most non-colibri Aht-Urghan mobs get a +0.25-0.35 cRatio bonus prior to level correction. You can see this by testing on flies and bomb in mt Z or Imps in Caedarva using a slashing weapon. It's strange but may explain why people thought VT-IT Aht Urghan mobs were weaker than the previous expansion counterparts in retail.
3. Offhand weapons contribute to mainhand crit rate although I haven't verified this 100% yet. Ex: Offhand fudo adds +3% overall to crit rate.
4. TP calculations are off by 1 sometimes compared to online equations when dual weilding or using store TP. Delay reduction like ninja chainmail doesn’t affect TP gain. You can check here: (https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ta ... id=1367041) or on the BG-wiki page if you go to a 2007-2014 revision history page... neither equations seem to work for everything.
5. Theres no delay at all when pulling out your weapon.
6. Any weaponskill can crit on Nasomi, this explains the strange spike damage you see in weaponskills without the double attack extra TP gain you should get. I also verify this in "Weaponskill Modifier Validation" as some damage is unexplainable otherwise and this only occurs very rarely on high lvl mobs but more commonly on lower lvl in line with dDEX affecting crit rate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:35 am 

Data overlay of Nasomi calculated pDIFmin/max with retail data overlay on Pchan chart. (montenten similar)
Attachment:
PDIF Nasomi Overlay.JPG
PDIF Nasomi Overlay.JPG [ 84.21 KiB | Viewed 2969 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:07 am 

4/10/22 update
-Wild rabbit fell out of the table so its working again
-Made the ws description and buff list text smaller
-Fixed an issue where if offhand relic was chosen it was taking mainhands damage multiplier
-Added the damage type modifier to Wyvern Damage, barrage, EES, jump and high jump in the buffs section. It previously wasn't including the +25% when selected piercing+birds or the 100%+ for lamia idolator etc.
-Added an alpha modifier and WS modifier callout on the trait increase graph and a weaponrank callout on the fSTR graph.

Big Change #1: Since the pDIF plots are the most contraversial part of the FFXI damage equations I allow you to choose between Montenten's mode, Pchan's model, and my model fit for Nasomi. I even let you tweak details like pDIF caps and how you like to calculate crits. But i leave the suggested values visible so if you change something you can remember how to get back to the original models. My Nasomi fit model is very accurate now if you use the mobs listed as Nasomi verified in the drop down you should be able to test your melee swings within +/- 5 min/max and WS +/- 50 depending on your WS choice and gear etc. Just remember to watch your tp return to identfy if you double attack and try not to use dia or any def down debuffs as I haven't verified those exact %'s on Nasomi. Also, the TP calculator is still sometimes off by one... its trickier to figure out then I thought.

Big Change #2: Since the second most contraversial part of FFXI damage tends to be that people think the modifiers on bgwiki/ffxicyclopedia are the current ones I give the option to choose pre-2014 modifiers or post 2014 modifiers. The post 2014 are based on what is in the latest 2015 entry for FFXIcyclopedia. In my other thread on WS modifier validation I have tested and am 99% sure the WS on Nasomi use pre-2014 values. Checkout this link for more info: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42588

Big Change #3: I also now give the option to pick the range of levels of colibri, lesser colibri, and seaboard vultures as opposed to just a single level. I highly recommend testing on colibri and lesser colibri as they have no Aht Urghan c-ratio bonus and are very easy to get to with an Olduum ring. I also am 99% confident on the lvl def/ev/vit of these monsters as i worked them out on Nasomi myself.

You can /tell Odiin/Bolmster in game with any questions or OdiinsEye #1473 on discord.

Google Sheets link (view only, so download a copy), if you like it I highly recommend the excel version as it has more functionality and the graphing is 10x better. It makes understanding the damage formulas much easier:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Drop Box Link for Excel Version:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nhnv8p2j ... 4mitg6lawf

Attachments:
PDIF's.JPG
PDIF's.JPG [ 107.79 KiB | Viewed 2082 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:14 am 

4/25/update
-Changed fTP bonus from Gorget from 0.1 to 25/256 or 0.97656 to be in line with later retail findings.
-Although the data in Bluegartr forums slightly suggested elemental gorgets could add acc to all hits in a multihit WS it was inconclusive. The community was not convinced. I now give the option for you to choose whether you think you get the Acc bonus on 1st hit or all hits of the WS.
-Minor increase to my models 2-hand pDIF cap from 2.76 to 2.771 and decrease of the min from 1.84 to 1.83.
-I thought I would explain where I floor values since this is also a very contreversial topic. Although BGwiki and ffxicyclopedia talk about flooring and give suggestions on where it occurs no one has really modeled it with 100% accuracy.
1. For melee I floor weaponrank to the integer value and then floor the resulting fSTR to the integer value as well. I then multiply by pDIF(unfloored) and then the final resulting damage is floored to an integer.
2. For weaponskills I floor the weaponrank, fSTR, modifier1*%, modifier2*% to an integer value. fTP is not floored. The final weaponskill damage is floored to an integer value after things like overwhelm, souleater etc are added/multiplied if applicable.
3. C-ratio and its level correction are not floored to any value before being used to find pDIF.

Drop Box Link for Excel Version: (view only, so download a copy)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9qg2csnnmg8j ... .xlsm?dl=0

Google Sheets link (view only, so download a copy), if you like it I highly recommend the excel version as it has more functionality and the graphing is 10x better. It makes understanding the damage formulas much easier:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:48 am 

5/26/2022
Overhauled BLM module including caps and inflections up to dINT 125 and put on its own sheet
updated lvl 84 Seaboard vulture stats, I actually can only find seaboard vultures with 350 eva and 364 def now… @360eva they become low eva, and at 364att they are no longer high attack

Drop Box Link for Excel Version: (view only, so download a copy)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh9duazohc2fm ... .xlsm?dl=0

You can /tell Odiin/Bolmster in game with any questions or OdiinsEye #1473 on discord.