Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Damage Calculator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:39 pm 

Rbolomey wrote:
Also, once your attack = the seaboard vultures defense it should no longer read "High def". That is how we can check if the def values are accurate. However, Nasomi might have some logic increasing that value when it goes into the damage calculations.

Ah ok, I didn't know that's how it worked. At 353 attack they check as 'high defense', and 356 they no longer have high defense, so I guess the defense values are accurate. But yeah it must just be something strange with the calculations, or maybe just specifically for Kaiten. Kirin for sure has some where defense or phalanx like properties, Gekko is the only tp move that seems to do much of anything thanks to the attack bonus. Kaiten is trash on Kirin here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:58 pm 

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Check

if (player acc - target eva) < -30 then high eva (<60% hitrate)
if (player acc - target eva) > +10 then low eva (>80% hitrate)

if att/def ratio > 1.25 then low def
if att/def < 1.0 then high def

According to this the values on ffxiclopedia for seaboard vultures are correct from my testing a while back which anyone can reproduce.

Andrina wrote:
Kirin for sure has some where defense or phalanx like properties, Gekko is the only tp move that seems to do much of anything thanks to the attack bonus. Kaiten is trash on Kirin here.

Kirin just has very high def and Gekko gets a 100% attack bonus added into their att/def ratio (before lvl correction) which makes it the best WS to use on high def targets.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:16 am 

On an unrelated note, remember that time a bunch of people were hacked and lost high value items and suddenly it just stopped outta nowhere with the most likely culprit turning out to be someone harvesting logins?

Good times....good times.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:49 pm 

4/21/21 update
1. I fixed hasso, BRD song values, and moved appropriate food buffs into % buffs so they dont act as flat when using further % bonuses. Using DRK/WAR I found using last resort/warcry/berserk in different orders gave Att results within +/- 2 and with food as well.
2. I verified results with alot of data. Basically 50+ Cratio equip sets across maybe 75-100 melee swings on multiple mobs. Its too large and confusing to share all the data but I updated the sheet to match new PDIF equations.
3. The new equations take Pchan's max curves, and a combination of Pchan's, Montenten's, and my curves for the lower PDIF limit. Right now with 2 handed weapons on Lesser colibri, colibri, and seaboard vultures my melee swings are predicted within +/- 5 damage and WS within +/- 30 damage.
4. Nasomi melee damage does seem to follow retail equations. See this link for a really good read on the development of the models. https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/10816 ... ost5007405
5. I did track some crits as well and they seem to fall within the model. I need to do more validation on that but there isn't anything to suggest otherwise. One thing with Weaponskills is everyones strong insistince on Att boosting relic SAM WS more than other WS. I'm not sure this is appropriate as Att capping PDIF will greatly enhance any WS damage.
6. Crit chance confirmed to be accurate for base 5%. Out of a couple thousand swings at least it worked out that way for me. Double attack rate seems like it may be a bit higher on Nasomi, need to investigate.
7. For 2 handers Cratio is capped at 2.25, need to verify if like retail 1 handers are capped at 2. PDIF max out at around 2.8 and 3.15 after the 1.05 randomizer is applied. You can drop pdif max to assume 1 handers are capped at Cratio of 2 now if you want I give the suggested value on the sheet/.
8. FSTR seems to be working appropriately. Monster Vitality is a huge factor here and I am not confident on some of the data in my monster tables. Colibri, lesser Colibri, and Seaboard Vultures seem to be ok. Kirin probably not. I put in "verified" for mobs I am very confident have the right VIT/DEF stats.
9. To confirm Fstr I took some 1 damage weapons and swung at monster in a 1-1.5 Cratio range as that puts ur lower PDIF limit at 1.
10. Although Pchan says his model is accurate, it is extremely hard to get data unde 0.75 cRatio and even Motenten didnt have much. That is why put my own curve below that point because it seems a bit lower than what they report based on the limited info i could gather in that range.
11. I notice Weaponskills do spike in damage occasionally and if you look at your TP you will notice sometimes it is a multihit proc and sometimes not. WS should not crit, but I think on Nasomi it does because I cannot explain why 1/10 or so of my WS hit much harder wihtout a DA proc.

The link to the dropbox is updated see below. I might be able to update on the first page too.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5eol1lhq ... nup6oe57c5

Last edited by Rbolomey on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 pm 

Do you have any plans to expand this to other things? I'd love to feed my /THF death scissors into this because the damage variation on it is completely absurd (1100-1800 on the Lamia Idolaters out in the mire) but I'd understand if you couldn't go that far.

Levelling cooking cause I be cheesing these fights.
Professional Monster Muncher, Legendary Hobo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:59 pm 

I am working on adding soul voice, overhwelm, and some other touch ups now. I will try to add in physical melee blue single hit spells only. Since the page on bgwiki and ffxicyclopedia seems like they haven't flushed out a few things on the equations I'd rather test with that and if it works out expand to multihit and magical. I will also likely add a box that would show what the damage would like if the spell crit (Regardless if the spell says crit chance varies with tp).

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... gic_Damage

They talk about how monster families can affect the modifier damage in this thread. We may also have to guess how to factor that in with the lamia idolators at first.. since they take more damage in general does that mean the modifier based on monster families will change more/less dramatically as well? Probably need to do some testing on lamia, non lamia, etc to figure it out. I don't have blu leveled so I will need your help with that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:06 pm 

I haven't tested this in detail, but correlation should be an extra 25% damage with a superior correlation (Insect>Plantoid) and -25% on an inferior (Plantoid>Insect).

Levelling cooking cause I be cheesing these fights.
Professional Monster Muncher, Legendary Hobo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:42 am 

I have an update coming in a day or two that has dual weild, thf SATA, mnk, and blue mage in it. I compared blue damage death scissors SA with chain affinity and without to a blue in my 66 sync mire party and it seems fairly accurate.

A lot of other smaller details were redines

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:33 am 

on the topic of the monster correlation bonus it is a flat 0.25 to your multiplier. For something like manidubular bite with a starting multiplier of 2 it would become 2.25 or a 12.5% increase in damage. Only a spell with starting multiplier of 1 would be 25% increase.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 pm 

6/8/21 update
added souleater with subjob option for half damage
added overwhelm (made it stack with multihit procs and soul eater... not sure if that is accurate but I think it is)
Added soul voice option to brd songs
added +25 acc to soul eater
added damage bonuses to damage types (piercing +25% on colibri/birds etc)
added single hit Blue spell equations - bases stats of WS data but you enter a new tp%, open questions are if DA/TA proc in blue spells and for multihit blue spells is the extra hit modifer 1 like melee. Also when using Azure lore do the extra hit modifiers change in strength and can blue spells crit on any hit in the WS
Max damage with average stats on lamia idolator at 1000 tp sata (or crit) death scissors is around 2400-2600 depending on stats which is accurate with real results.
Single hand weapon damage verified so this calculator should work for 1 and 2 hand weapons. Added MNK calculations not sure if cratio max is 2.25 or 2 for H2H... i set at 2.25 for now until i verify since you can artifically lower it with pdif cap option. Also I made it so kick attacks only procs on main combat rounds and doesn't stack with soul eater.
Added modification to the way tp is presented (moved tens digit over) to replicate it being in the thousands like nasomi... this is actually a later then 2007 retail update so it helps point nasomi as not being completely 2007 era.
Added dual weild calculation and extra hit to ws when choosing dual weild
***Still extra hit from dual weild as well as any multihits(DA/TA proc) are not given the option to make crit, only the inherent extra hits from a ws with more than 1 hit.
Made TP to be represented in the 1000's. Something is slighty off with tp calculaton i am sometimes off by 1, i read that tp equations were modified slightly when they made the tp represented in the 1000's as opposed to 100's. I don't think anyone redid the equations at that point because i can't find anything online but they only seem to be off by about 1tp in general if they are even off.
Added THF Main SATA Damage Modifiers
***Blue ranged physical, and melee ranged are the only damage types not able to be calculated yet. Working on those next.
made some adjustments on the way my c ratio tables populated to account for being under level 75
corrected accuracy cap equation
gave magic haste the 43.75% cap, total haste cap adjusted to 80% with dependency on DW reduction. Its possible Nasomi cap is 93.5 like the earliest days of FFXI but need to confirm.
Moved the position of several data entry boxes, and added capabilit to calculate weapon rank and appropriate damage for latent effect weapons like blau dulch.
fixed dark knight bonus to seperate desperate blows merits from last resort bonus
updated a few WS to have ftp mirroring that didn't before
Due to TP change into the 1000's being 2014 and many WS attributes changing around this time I want to confirm the WS attribute modifiers are correct (will test with AGI on catastrophe).
made ftp replicating extend to multihit procs and dual weild additional hit
fixed an issue with tp not adding to ws tp values when mutlihitting
Got rid of merit options for static buffs like crit rate or double attack…. Just add them in the boxes with the stats.
The link to the dropbox is updated below:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5eol1lhq ... nup6oe57c5
when going to drop box and previewing the file its hard to find the download button. See image in "read please" sheet of file.

Last edited by Rbolomey on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.