Online: 62
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:24 am 

basementrock wrote:
Deadwing wrote:
2) Why does the weather change like the flick of a switch instead of fading?

Does it fade on retail? I've always thought this was working as intended.

It was much smoother on retail. I used to laugh at Nasomi's Truman show weather transitions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:38 am 

Late af to this but having played on both pretty extensively at this point the comparisons made aren't even close imo

Quote:
Things like pdif/mdif definitely feels better on Nasomi maybe equal with Eden, but content wise there's no way you can sell OWNMs, Coney, broken elevators\drawbridges, daily dynamis, broken limbus entries, endless relics, severely undertuned mission\bcnm\hnms, broken xp camps(qutrubs/mt z erucas) etc as closer to retail than what Eden has.

Hard agree with all of this minus the bolded. pDIF always felt super scuffed and is probably using modern retail formulas or something on base DSP/Nasomi. A ton of testing went into Eden's reworked player and monster pDIF and Macc. I never was really a mage on retail but Nasomi's physical damage values are wayyy overtuned or at least they were when I last played (2020 April). And since I don't think Nasomi has seen a major patch since around that same month I doubt much has changed in that regard.

In addition to that:

At the very least there's some modicum of transparency with changes that get made and testing that actually gets done when it comes to fixing these base level mechanics (which personally I don't think ANY person who has an idea of how this game works would trust Nasomi himself to do with passable accuracy)

Direct interaction with the player base

An actual highly visible method of placing bug reports for the server and you know when it's actually being looked at or fixed. (Though era accurate, no IRC chat does not count sorry)

The fact that Eden's patches - that occur on a weekly basis mind you - are generally larger than the amount of content Nasomi has added or fixed in over a year.

Proto-Omega isn't a complete joke, all of CoP isn't a complete joke, they just added both the final fights of Zilart Missions and Storms of Fate(Bahamut v1) both prereqs for Apoc Nigh, Delivery box actually works (like holy shit I never realized how nice this actually was until I logged into Nas a few months after starting on Eden), Gardening, Chocobo Digging, fucking Search Comments work, accurate fishing Ebisu isn't obtained by just buying a KI with GP, pirate's/brigand's chart fight works accurately so merc Kris is a thing, multiple ENMs are a thing that all work accurately, Up to tier 2 assaults and superior private rank, ISNMs, Hydra actually fucking spawns, you can actually fight Fafnir/Nidhogg/KB/Aspi without 5 minutes of input delay or constant zone crashes. If you have issues with mission progression the staff actually replies in less than 3 months and you generally know why you've been banned the moment it happens. Like.. the list is almost endless these are just some of the larger things that immediately come to mind.

Player GMs are wack but I came to the realization over a year ago that they're kind of a necessity to make servers of these sizes function properly. Otherwise you end up with Nasomi. Minimal player interaction either through choice or lack of time. Lack of content either from laziness, lack of care, or time. With that comes a degree of bias, but that's also unavoidable unless you find some sort of emotionless robot or pay someone (also not going to happen) who has no vested interest in the game or server. My purely anecdotal experience with Eden's GMs has been nothing but positive. I know for a fact I've been investigated by them multiple times with zero issues and still have nothing but positive things to say nor did I feel like I was ever being treated unfairly.

Eden's biggest drawback for me like Vik already mentioned is their unlimited account rule, which I think the general consensus is that they fucked up having it that way. But it's sort of a choice you want to make early on in a server's life otherwise you get the situation they are in now where if you change the rule years after - you're invalidating a ton of work people put into those characters and probably also have a ton of people quit over it. So I understand why they might be hesitant to change that rule. If it really bothers you, you just abuse it the same way. Technically everyone has the same ability.

To me there's basically not even a choice. If you're starting from square one and are deciding which to pick. Roll Eden. There's the question of server ownership possibly being an issue but that's going to be the case with any server and I'd rather play on the server with the proven track record of actually adding content at a reasonable pace. Versus spending years stagnating or building my tenth relic on one that likely never will.

Also, FUCK White Coney. Worst content in any server I've ever played on and I hope it hurts your feelings when you read this comment Nas.

TL;DR Nas lacks content and is custom af, likely always will be but who tf knows since the owner doesn't communicate shit with his own playerbase. If you have to pick between Nas or Eden, take it from someone who's spent a lot of time on both and go Eden you won't be disappointed I promise. Also again fuck White Coney

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:59 pm 

Basically what this dumbass Tex dude said

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:39 pm 

so if tatai made 100 accts on eden that would be fine? /nothanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:49 pm 

Quote:
Also again fuck White Coney

Coming from a scrub who has never fought him... what's up with the WC hate?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:39 pm 

disposablehero wrote:
so if tatai made 100 accts on eden that would be fine? /nothanks

Yeah just disregard the rest of the points. Can't expect much from a Nabutso wannabe though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 pm 

Caledor wrote:
Quote:

You must be new here lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:41 pm 

Caledor wrote:
Quote:

You will learn one day young padawan.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:58 pm 

Aik wrote:
Basically what this dumbass Tex dude said

I suck.
Ninja is the best job.
http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:09 am 

I'm on Nasomi for as long as RFK exists. When RFK ceases to exist, I'm done with FFXI.

Nothing about Eden or Wings could entice me to start over again.

http://rfklinkshell.com/