Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:35 pm 

Guscles wrote:
peej1084 wrote:
You guys have some fantastic reading comprehension. I dunno its like you fixate on certain phrases like RMT and gil.

The original reason we petitioned the GM is because my friend could not delete and remake a character. That's not something that is hard to understand. Not sure why people seem to think he wanted to keep his lvl 11 with 600k when he said himself he tried to delete it and reroll a character (which he was denied doing). Anything else? :shock:

classic. now you're saying not pay attention to the main reason why you started going off in this thread about your friend. You do realize you wouldn't need to defend your friend if he didn't buy gil in the first place so yes, that's why it's focused on.

Lmao, imagine being butthurt over somebody buying gil in 2021 LET ALONE buying gil on a dying private server. Might need to reanalyze your life buddy. LMAO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:05 pm 

grillv20 wrote:
Guscles wrote:
peej1084 wrote:
You guys have some fantastic reading comprehension. I dunno its like you fixate on certain phrases like RMT and gil.

The original reason we petitioned the GM is because my friend could not delete and remake a character. That's not something that is hard to understand. Not sure why people seem to think he wanted to keep his lvl 11 with 600k when he said himself he tried to delete it and reroll a character (which he was denied doing). Anything else? :shock:

classic. now you're saying not pay attention to the main reason why you started going off in this thread about your friend. You do realize you wouldn't need to defend your friend if he didn't buy gil in the first place so yes, that's why it's focused on.

Lmao, imagine being butthurt over somebody buying gil in 2021 LET ALONE buying gil on a dying private server. Might need to reanalyze your life buddy. LMAO

Hey this guy takes his hobbies seriously, let's laugh at and ridicule them!!!!

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:38 am 

Bring back Fujin.
Make Nasomi Great Again!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:40 pm 

Mikgarand wrote:
Hi

This server is dying . A matter of time . There is no new content coming up and other servers such as eden offer more content and it best coded to reflect retail,
So many thing dont work in nasomi as they are suppose to retail. Diabolos spamming sleepga 2 , ownm, nuking high levels hnm w/o MB for 1500+, abilities dont do what there a supposed to do like radiant breath .

I played for 1.5 year and no content was added beside battery weapons , while other servers offer more content

Only thing that can save this server is salvage/ einherjar

I personnaly wont start over in another sever but im retired until new content comes up

BLM nukes are more or less retail accurate for the level of merits and gear people have.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:56 pm 

Ministor wrote:
The real reason why this is dead already?
Why no one is saying anything about drop rates? Last Nid i did on the server it dropped 4 body abjs same goes to sky nms, the server drop rates are wrong, very wrong, you can cap on 2-3months very easy on this custom server, in the old times you had to work many months if not years to get any body abj, but on this server this is just custom drop x3.
After that comes the lack of support, i know many ppl that had to leave the server due to the char beign stuck loading or other bugs, and Nas just taking 1/2 months to even reply to that matter.
Last ,there comes the lack of content , more like no content, but again if everything was HARDER the content woult last long and no one would cap in 2 months. (Special mention to the 27353582 millions of relics the server have) the server is just out of hand

-sorry for my engl, not my main leng :D

Nid and Aspid dropped on average somewhere between 1 and 2 bodies per kill on retail. They obviously drop more here, but even at double the rate, you don't go from "multiple years" to "2-3 months"

The overwhelming majority of players that have played on and quit nasomi still had plenty of king abjs to get, if they had any at all. Of course there have been players that "got it all" and quit, but they're a tiny minority, and and the overall competitive landscape of Nasomi is as much to blame for that as drop rates. Dual boxing is another cause - a huge portion of the endgame community dual boxes, and that means you need fewer people to kill things, and loot tends to be funneled to one of the two characters at a higher rate, so accumulation is faster. Though, again - the overwhelming majority of the players that have quit playing on Nasomi had not collected all the loot they would need to max out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:06 am 

Not that it's an incredibly huge bump, but it is also worth noting that for drop pool sizes most Thieves in retail didn't have access to TH4. You were placed on a pedestal if you had BOTH a Thief's Knife and AF2 gloves. Even if that's at best a 5% increase in drops with the addition of TH3 and TH4, it most certainly will make those "omgDorp" moments more frequent. Most every thief in retail came as a standard TH2 and you as a linkshell were happy with that.

You can certainly go through content significantly faster on Nasomi, but as others have pointed out this is mostly due to the access to daily Dynamis lockouts that can be done with as few as four characters (this used to be a multiple alliance activity, spanning 30-40 people at times for city runs. Single alliance for dreamlands however, and the need for balanced comps due to the subjob restriction to begin with). Mostly this is done as two people dual boxing on Nasomi (not to mention you can add in two people who can all together skip HALF of the leveling experience needed for their job as the experience required 65-75 is close to the first 60 levels combined). By retail's standards, this is an absurd amount of resources gained by the player both in experience per hour (normally 9-10 merits worth in an hour-hour and a half? 60k+/hour is a hilarious number) as well as in the obvious influx of relic currency. The relic currency economy is devalued heavily (duh) by this, but it's important to realize that it felt much more triumphant when you worked on a single relic... as a linkshell... over weeks, months, and almost definitely years worth of time for this ONE dude to get a relic. But the content was extended due to the lockouts being multiple days long.

The majority of the average participant's time was spent in a merit party if you were involved in end game content, with the above average (double bard, War/Monk/Sam-esque type DDs) meritpo aiming between 15 and 20k experience per hour. Good days you might push to 25k/hour if the party's focus was high as well as geared. When you can cap (keep in mind that Nasomi allows for MORE merits than retail per category in most cases... for instance you were only allowed to max two combat skills to 8 each on retail) a job's merits in a week, you've severely chunked down the "end game content" for that job.

To be real, a private server based on (by definition) old content is bound to be strangled in terms of how long it can hold a large audience. FFXI artificially extended end game content by locking participants out of content such as only allowing one group of 18 people per day to claim and fight HNMs, or in a literal sense the dynamis and limbus lockout. When the same linkshell has killed Fafhogg 20 or more times on Nasomi, they are bound to get a little bored. Especially if the number of humans needed to kill said dragon is cut to 1/2 - 3/4 due to dual boxing clients. To compound that problem, this removes the support necessity of more people that you need to come back and get more gear for... shortening the content again. At the end of the day people's entertainment "needs" are not being met due to a set amount of content that is being consumed at a faster pace than it was originally designed to last, as it was already artificially extended on it's original conception (imagine if every HNM were it's KSNM counterpart instead... We'd all be done in about 3-4 months tops) by SE.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:43 am 

From my experience every linkshell that did any amount of endgame had a TH4 thf even my roommate who played 1/2 as much as me had TH4 in 2008. Yes we can enter more often on nasomi but you still needed all your city wins and beau which is quite a bit of content to the average player. As for dualboxing yes it was done less per person but if you think people weren't triboxing in 2007 you might not have done too much endgame. It was very common to camp non ground hnm with lvl 1 alts. All your seeing on nasomi is the playing field leveled for all those people who didn't have 100s of dollars to drop on ffxi. You all agreed to play on a 75 cap server that you know has an end goal of not updating past a certain point. If you want something updated you should probably be on retail. I enjoy the devalued relics. On retail basically needed to be a linkshell leader, rmt, or steal an ls bank to obtain a relic and led to more toxic gaming for the one peice. I hope karma hits you and when nasomi releases mythics in 2050 he makes you obtain alexandrite the hard way to give you something to talk about.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 am 

Ministor wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Ministor wrote:
Why no one is saying anything about drop rates? Last Nid i did on the server it dropped 4 body abjs same goes to sky nms, the server drop rates are wrong, very wrong, you can cap on 2-3months very easy on this custom server, in the old times you had to work many months if not years to get any body abj, but on this server this is just custom drop x3.
After that comes the lack of support, i know many ppl that had to leave the server due to the char beign stuck loading or other bugs, and Nas just taking 1/2 months to even reply to that matter.
Last ,there comes the lack of content , more like no content, but again if everything was HARDER the content woult last long and no one would cap in 2 months. (Special mention to the 27353582 millions of relics the server have) the server is just out of hand

Nid and Aspid dropped on average somewhere between 1 and 2 bodies per kill on retail. They obviously drop more here, but even at double the rate, you don't go from "multiple years" to "2-3 months"

The overwhelming majority of players that have played on and quit nasomi still had plenty of king abjs to get, if they had any at all. Of course there have been players that "got it all" and quit, but they're a tiny minority, and and the overall competitive landscape of Nasomi is as much to blame for that as drop rates. Dual boxing is another cause - a huge portion of the endgame community dual boxes, and that means you need fewer people to kill things, and loot tends to be funneled to one of the two characters at a higher rate, so accumulation is faster. Though, again - the overwhelming majority of the players that have quit playing on Nasomi had not collected all the loot they would need to max out.

I mean if you wanna lie to urself its fine but not gonna lie to anyone else.
Go run around any city and you will see main chars and alts with kings abs krakens and a few relics, no, retail was not like that.
Not sure if you played retail on the oldtimes but we played, and i can tell you a good month was the one that we got two body abjs on a whole month, i got a few pics from this server that we got 4 bodys drops, not just once, same goes to sky, did sky like 2-3 weeks and almost all the ls capped on sky items.
Again its fine if you wanna lie to yourself cause you still play here or w/e but dont come here saying retail droped like this or the thing you said about alts.Really the server have like a trillion of relics a trillion of body abjs a trillion of krakens etc etc.
The server is dead already and its not just only cause lack of updates there are many core things like the ones i said

At this point there are many servers way better than this one, it hurts cause we loved it years ago but it is the truth

Anyways GL here, just wanted to drop my 5cents here

Out of all the things to complain about, nid loot? wow my ls got 4 bodies off the only nid we got this month LOL
Don't worry though, I've seen plenty of terrible nid pools, to make us feel era.
relics and dyna merits is lame, but it is what it is.
There also isnt that many kcs lol

Personally im more concerned about missing content and cheating lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:54 am 

Ministor wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Ministor wrote:

Go run around any city and you will see main chars and alts with kings abs krakens and a few relics, no, retail was not like that.
Not sure if you played retail on the oldtimes but we played, and i can tell you a good month was the one that we got two body abjs on a whole month, i got a few pics from this server that we got 4 bodys drops, not just once, same goes to sky, did sky like 2-3 weeks and almost all the ls capped on sky items.
Again its fine if you wanna lie to yourself cause you still play here or w/e but dont come here saying retail droped like this or the thing you said about alts.Really the server have like a trillion of relics a trillion of body abjs a trillion of krakens etc etc.
The server is dead already and its not just only cause lack of updates there are many core things like the ones i said

At this point there are many servers way better than this one, it hurts cause we loved it years ago but it is the truth

You do realize that loot distribution in 2005 ffxi vs 400 population private server is vastly different right? Take that 5cents and buy a clue, giving loot to 5000 end game players or 300 which is going to take longer.

Fun Edit: 400 is a little to high lets back that down to 330-350ish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:37 pm 

Ministor wrote:

As Salty pointed out, there's a significantly smaller endgame population here. Yes, people get geared a lot faster than they did on retail. But again: Do you honestly think that more than 10% of the people that have quit playing on Nasomi had any king abjuration, much less all of them? That even 5% of the people that have quit playing on Nasomi had a kraken club? I'd wager the vast majority of characters that ever rolled on Nas never even hit level cap.

Let's take a look, actually:
Quote:
51250 have over 1 hour playtime
17089 have over 100 hours playtime.
8900 have over 500 hours playtime.
5751 have over 1,000 hours playtime.
4118 have over 1,500 hours playtime.
2007 have over 3,000 hours of playtime.
171 have over 10,000 hours of playtime.

I think we can agree that people likely take significantly longer than 100 hours of ingame playtime to hit 75. I'd say a good chunk probably take over 500 too, but we'll go ahead and act like the majority have hit level cap by then. I'm also totally ignoring mules and pretending that all characters are likely to hit level cap, which we know isn't the case.

So, that means with over 50k characters having spent at least an hour playing on Nasomi, somewhere in between 17k and 9k reach level cap, if I'm being generous. So, MAYBE 30% of players get to level cap.

What percentage of those ever did kings? Again, probably not the majority. For those still playing now, I'm sure the average goes way up, but there's plenty of people that I know at 75 on Nas now that haven't killed a Nidhogg or Aspid or a wyrm, and many many more that have quit without having done it.

You're getting to the single digit percentages of players that have a king abjuration on Nasomi, and that percentage gets smaller and smaller when you start adding in multiple, things like KCs, gaiters, track pants, etc.

So why is Nasomi's population going down? Because it has never been able to retain new players at the rate it would need to to live on forever with a relatively high population. A lot of that is just the facts for FFXI in 2021. It's compounded by things like the lack of content and updates. This means that there's fewer and fewer people at the top. And yes, that means some people get everything quicker, and quit quicker. But you're confusing cause and effect. The drop rate differences on abjurations is not nearly enough to make up the gap you're talking about, and it's silly to act like it is. The math is quite easy to do.

Last edited by cthalupa on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next