Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:18 pm 

My group went in to try Omega, hoping to get some more gear for people. We went in thinking it would be the same, so we prepped the the same old way.
Omega is not the same anymore. He's been working out, training, and perfecting his skills.

Omega is immune to Sleep, Bind, and Gravity.
Slow, Blind, and Paralyze still work.

When he's on 4 legs he runs as fast as Faust, and maybe faster than our thief while using Flee. When it's on 2 legs you can kite it if you have +movement gear and maybe use the pillars that are around the area. But when it goes back on 4 legs, it's not going to be pretty.

The AOEs hit really hard, and took the DDs health into yellow/orange. When it does an TP move that binds people, it looks like it resets hate because it will sprint toward the mages and kill them before the bind wears on the DDs.

I'm really unsure about this, but I think Guided Missiles is the healers biggest fear. I was 20 yalms+ away throughout the fight, but it would shoot the missiles at me, eat stoneskin, ignore blink, and throw my HP into orange/red. I'm pretty sure it could one shot a taru healer.

Keeping hate is really a challenge because even the Galka Samurais weren't doing big numbers. Regular hits were doing 10-15 damage, while a TP move would do maybe 50 damage. Since DDs can't really do big numbers to build lots of hate, if the healer uses a Cure without lots of -Emity, Omega is probably kill the healer before the DD can pull it back off. If the BLMs do a T4, it will still do big numbers, but it will pull hate, guaranteeing their death. I think bringing a Paladin or two for hate control would be a good idea.

The Gunpods hit like a truck. They hit for 400 damage, but can be killed with maybe 2 T4 nukes. When you kill one, it does drop a few coins and a random apollyon item. Careful though, they do aggro to magic, so if you try to nuke one that's just standing there, do it from the max distance and hope it doesn't run towards you while you're casting. They move at the same speed as the orb Defenders in Sky. Omega spawns a Gunpod every time it changes stance.

Overall we learned our lesson, and will adjust our setup and strategy for next time. Right now I'm thinking something that includes two paladins for hate control and to stop Omega from running around and causing chaos, 2-3 blm to nuke the Gunpods, and an army of summoners to attack it with spells and physical bloodpacks.

If any other groups have tried it recently, I would love to hear how you guys tackled it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:37 pm 

any chips drop from the pods?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:52 pm 

Trist wrote:
any chips drop from the pods?

Not during our run unfortunately. However, according to the wiki, there should be a 20% chance of getting a chip to drop.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:54 pm 

Maybe we have to go back to retail days strategy. We tanked with 2 paladins. They stayed max distance apart (max flash range) from each other so Omega had to run back and forth to get some hits in. Put a blu/thf behind each Pld. SATA/Cannonball when Omega starts running towards the other Pld for hate transfer. Omega running back and forth saved on MP. The rest of the DDs were blms.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:23 pm 

well that sucks if it's true. before me and my friend stopped playing, we were low-manning all the dynamis/limbus content with alts because the loot pools were fucking garbage and it was the only way to get loot in any kind of efficient manner without getting in line with some LS that may/maynot fold before you got anything.

We'd usually take one or two folks in with us for any drops so it didn't get floored. Kinda sucks for the newer players that now have to have more people there to reliably defeat this kind of content with garbage loot pools at a time when the server population is contracting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:28 pm 

smn burn time XD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:43 pm 

We did get a charcoal chip drop off a gunpod on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:39 pm 

I don't have a shell right now but would love to do this, have a SMN too. Darkfire or Tarujack /tell please.