Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 pm 

Nasomi,
This is an observation that was made during a Kirin run by two LS's last night.
While trying to work down Kirin in Sky, we noticed that the hate table was all screwed up. Some people who died and were raised back up we getting hate even though they were not attacking and just kneeling. Kirin would disengage a tank or a person who grabbed hate and randomly attack people that were just resting. The only way we were able to reset the hate table off of them that died and were kneeling was to log out completely and relog back in. I understand that the hate and enmity were reworked, but I think it needs to be re-examined. There is no reason that Kirin or any HNM or NM should randomly turn away from a tank or hate the person and go to another side of an area just to attack someone who is resting off of weakened who got hate. Basically, hate is not resetting upon death it is still sticking on players after death.

Please review this again I think it is still an occurring issue on the server.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:57 pm 

Read all you need to know about enmity here : https://kanican.livejournal.com/

here's an excerpt from Enmity Testing (Part IX) :
Quote:
The "CE/VE Enmity Reset" (most call this a full hate reset") is caused by only 1 situation - the mob must attempt to target you and find you unavailable (this can be for many reasons such as K.O. status, logging off, zoning, Goblin Footprint, etc.). This also means that the mob must first attempt to hit you, however, so simply dying or zoning does nothing but give you the "hate list" reset, not the "CE/VE value" reset. In some situations involving slept mobs or linked hate, it will not even grant you the "hate list" reset.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:31 pm 

Something still isnt right with it, Smn the player gets hate from using a BP, which was made a thing around the time of smn burn pt on former bats a long time ago. didnt really work because you could assualt and get hate from auto attack first. but now you use assualt your avatar makes a 100% auto attack hit and the mob comes for the player. You shouldnt be getting hate by using a BP on a unclaimed mob. Which make me think theres is hate built just being associated with the claimed mob. (Alli hate)

https://www.ffxionline.com/forum/ffxi-g ... y-ve-vs-ce

^To confirm from 2008, how no hate was gained (by assualting and BP'ing) before the mob was claimed. So the calculation must be off, i get the player has to have some hate when it is claimed but not sure why my hate is greater than the avatar after he just claimed it with a autoattack. The hate gain from the BP on a unclaimed mob isnt needed anymore, it was to prevent something but it didnt. Was about 1 month ago after the alli enmity changes, i noticed a change when playing smn, where it was in a familar place with being able to kite bombs there was a nice balance on hate between player and avatar. If you were to smn pull now which was a retail tactic everything will agro the player rather than the avatar.

For HMP i got no idea whats going on, i thought hate was gain per tick. But seems like were getting an imaginary enmity tick as we hit /heal, i dont think that tick is constant except on the HMP tick. It just puts you on the list. But when a unclaimed mob get agressive towards you detect by sight sound etc, the resting player would take hate from a unclaimed mob "Enmity is not to be confused with aggression" https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/En ... 27s_nature.

Eg. someone agro'd a mob because they didnt have sneak on, the mob and all the other mobs that link then headed towards the people that were resting. So when them mobs were associated with the alliance, the guy who agro'd them had no hate just aggression. which was then over written by the people who were resting because they were sending enmity signals to the mobs to but put on their hate list.

I get what they are trying to do, but needs some more work. Its pretty annoying, and making some painful gameplay