Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SMN burn party
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:29 pm 

Is it possible? I think Nas did something to aoe parties didn't he?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: SMN burn party
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:46 pm 

Rhazgull wrote:

Thank you

basically unless your pld you can't hold hate properly. Enmity is so messed up that mobs will start going after people resting for no reason, smn's get hate after their summons are released/killed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 am 

mibotsu wrote:
Rhazgull wrote:

Thank you

basically unless your pld you can't hold hate properly. Enmity is so messed up that mobs will start going after people resting for no reason, smn's get hate after their summons are released/killed.

After some testing with deadwing I have realized that enmity is working properly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:38 pm 

wrong, haste can pull hate, poisona etc, it is definately not working as intended

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:44 pm 

ambiance wrote:
wrong, haste can pull hate, poisona etc, it is definately not working as intended

Any spell CAN pull hate if you are on the hate list. I personally tested smn burn with deadwing. It’s working correctly. If you are on hate list and resting you are generating enmity, just like when mob misses you you lose enmity. If you tank isn’t getting hit and you are curing him then your enmity generation will outweigh his and you pull hate. If you want more in depth then message deadwing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:21 am 

mibotsu wrote:
ambiance wrote:

Any spell CAN pull hate if you are on the hate list. I personally tested smn burn with deadwing. It’s working correctly. If you are on hate list and resting you are generating enmity, just like when mob misses you you lose enmity. If you tank isn’t getting hit and you are curing him then your enmity generation will outweigh his and you pull hate. If you want more in depth then message deadwing.

I believe the issue might be that resting near an enemy will magically put you on the hate list now, such that if say your thf pulls an aggressive enemy to your exp camp with a ranged attack that misses, they will automatically aggro on to any nearby resting mages (that have no reason to be on its hate list since they have not done any actions to the thf or the enemy). I imagine this could cause problems for smn burn parties but you might just need to go a distance away to rest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:35 am 

Andrina wrote:
mibotsu wrote:
ambiance wrote:

I believe the issue might be that resting near an enemy will magically put you on the hate list now, such that if say your thf pulls an aggressive enemy to your exp camp with a ranged attack that misses, they will automatically aggro on to any nearby resting mages (that have no reason to be on its hate list since they have not done any actions to the thf or the enemy). I imagine this could cause problems for smn burn parties but you might just need to go a distance away to rest.

We tested this as well as it was one of the issues I thought was a problem as well. Monsters now have party/alliance hate. So if your puller pulls a mob and misses them, when they bring the mob back and someone is resting that person is generating enmity higher then the puller has because they missed the mob. So that’s why the mob runs to the person resting.

As deadwing says this is correct.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:10 pm 

i thought the issue with smn burn partys is that the mobs would depop when the ramuhs died now?

not a problem when shiva gets sleepaga ofc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:13 pm 

20SMN x2 LFG SMN BURN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:19 pm 

Trist wrote:
i thought the issue with smn burn partys is that the mobs would depop when the ramuhs died now?

not a problem when shiva gets sleepaga ofc

I believe that’s all been fixed. When we were testing it mobs didn’t depop