Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Horns of War
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:39 am 

Is Horns of War even doable now? We just did a run and grav and bind built resistance so fast that it was a wipe. We had plenty of blms, rdms, smns, etc.

Post subject: Re: Horns of War
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:49 am 

Yes, it's doable, but not with kite nuking.

I did it with my LS months ago, and it was either immune or built immunity to spells after 1 cast.

You either gotta straight tank it and have healers be ready to heal since shock wave and meteor hurt a lot, or play it safe with an army of pet jobs. Also, you need to have reraise on when you land the killing blow since it'll instant cast one final meteor with insane range. It has the potential to kill everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:57 pm 

The last time we did Horns of War was ~ 7-9months ago, so not sure if it has been changed since then, but kite/nuking still worked.

We had 2-3 brd, 2-3 rdm, & the rest were blm. Max distance & time nuke, then run. Bind lands, but it does start to get resisted after a few casts. ES Bind usually lasted long enough to get a cast off if your time caller was fast enough, & other than the brds every other player had an ES bind to cycle through, if there was a time w/ no ES rdy every1 just spammed Bind & hoped 1 stuck. Of course this was 7-9 months ago, before the bind changes a few months ago, so not sure if this will work anymore. Gravity will land on occasion, rdm & some blm were just spamming it & hoping it landed. Not most blm cuz you're gonna need some w/ raise.

We basically rotated through Freeze2 & Blizzaga3 only, maybe Bliz4 if timers were down. There were no abnormal resistances to Ice nukes; just don't use Thunder (obviously). Main thing was to keep track of who had hate (who it was casting Meteor on), so that person can run away, while the others can nuke on timer.

Fun fight, lots of deaths, relatively simple once you got the hang of it. Again though, with the recent Bind changes it's probably a bit trickier.

We tried straight tanking it b4 our kite/nuke attempts, that went horribly. If this works I'd be interested to see how it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:39 am 

I'll give you a stack of Wizard Cookies for the Zen Pole if you get it to drop.

But really, what drop are people shooting for by doing this BCNM?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:38 pm 

Kriegsbill
Black belt item.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:13 pm 

I’ll give you a stack of Wizard Cookies for the Kriegsbell =P