Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:35 am 

Unlimited sync by itself won't work.

That only works if there's a decent number of people flagged and the levels are all over the place.

We have a worse situation. We have a rock-bottom number of people flagged, which makes this server very unattractive to new players. Old players quiting + new players going to other servers instead = death of the server.

But let's honest with ourselves. We all know deep down inside that nothing will be done about this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:50 pm 

Tensho wrote:

That only works if there's a decent number of people flagged and the levels are all over the place.

We have a worse situation. We have a rock-bottom number of people flagged, which makes this server very unattractive to new players. Old players quiting + new players going to other servers instead = death of the server.

But let's honest with ourselves. We all know deep down inside that nothing will be done about this.

wow, what a shame. if only Nasomi hadn't let his ego be the ultimate undoing of his greatest work. if nasomi asked, i'd gladly fix all his servers problems, but *gasp* give credit to another dev? let it die instead.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:11 am 

setzor wrote:
Tensho wrote:

wow, what a shame. if only Nasomi hadn't let his ego be the ultimate undoing of his greatest work. if nasomi asked, i'd gladly fix all his servers problems, but *gasp* give credit to another dev? let it die instead.

The half-baked version of fishing that you got implemented on Nasomi is, in my opinion, atrocious. The complete version of your fishing system has a good reputation; however when I pointed out to Nasomi where you had shared that code publicly, he refused to use it. That tells me that his refusal to work with you has nothing to do with credit, and I suspect Eden server feels the same way at this point. A good working knowledge of retail in addition to computer science skills are rare to find at the same time in someone who does what you do. Usually someone has only one, or only the other. It takes more than that to work on a team though, and surely you realize going it alone is impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:25 pm 

I agree, exp books would be fantastic addition for the current server state, for low level solo exp and parties it would be beneficial.

Also unlimited level sync.

Though there seems to be a lot of complaining from people about how Nas runs things, the better view on this is why are you spending all your time and energy towards something you dislike how it is being run? You could simply switch servers. Nas has made it clear he wants this to be a solo thing for him. It is his server let him run it his way, don't like it. Leave, simple. If it server thrives or dies it doesn't matter, it is his project. Doesn't have anything to do with not wanting to share credit.

Another thing I'd like to point out is there is a handful of social LS that literally occupy the entire server. Even if they don't put them in slot 1. I find parties at any time of the day, on any day by simply asking LS. You don't always get the most efficient or optimal exp but you can exp. You can't rely on /sea all inv to make parties with a server population like this, you need to be vocal in-game. And reach out to many people. You need a big social LS for this, which there are a handful of already with 50+ members easily at any given time. People cannot flag every job they want to exp on and most people idle on their most beneficial job to themselves until they are asked for low level exp.

Seems like a bunch of crying and not trying going on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:32 am 

daemonhall wrote:
I agree, exp books would be fantastic addition for the current server state, for low level solo exp and parties it would be beneficial.

So, you agree with us but finish it off by insulting us for "not trying hard enough". Got it. We'll try harder cause we're clearly not trying hard enough to make this work :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:30 am 

daemonhall wrote:
You need a big social LS

We're in the same social LS.

daemonhall wrote:
I find parties at any time of the day, on any day by simply asking LS.

Aside from the fact that it's highly dependent on time of the day, job and level, thus making such a blanket statement likely inaccurate anyway given the circumstances (the server is like... deader than dead), on average, leveling 12-60 is nearly impossible right now and absolutely requires a PL in the off-chance you do get enough people to make a party, which is hardly how it used to be back in the days and doesn't resemble retail in the slightest.

At this point, might as well bring back Exp books since they wouldn't take anything from anyone's experience but would make exping most jobs at the very least feasible when there's no one seeking (= most of the time).

Though, if you anybody has any reason as to why they shouldn't be brought back, I'd love to hear it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:56 pm 

Tensho wrote:
daemonhall wrote:

So, you agree with us but finish it off by insulting us for "not trying hard enough". Got it. We'll try harder cause we're clearly not trying hard enough to make this work :roll:

Yes, I agree these things should be added. And yes I think you're a crybaby, finding a reason to complain.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:00 pm 

We're in the same LS? I play every single day, all day long. I've never seen you type in chat once? So that explains that...

And yes you are right, it is hard, but it is not impossible to find groups. And you do need a PL. Everybody has one, if you want to level up a low job. You need to take the initiative to make it happen. That is what I do, and I have leveled BLM, WAR, RDM, and WHM all to 50s in the past few weeks alone.

So like I said, a lot of crying and not a lot of trying going on.

Listening to people complain about low server pop and how Nas runs things is like a god damn broken record.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:39 pm 

daemonhall wrote:
That is what I do, and I have leveled BLM, WAR, RDM, and WHM all to 50s in the past few weeks alone.

Ah, I see now. You have no life but this game, so you're able to dedicate every moment to it. My apologies, good sir. I wish you had told us sooner. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:34 pm 

Tensho wrote:
daemonhall wrote:
That is what I do, and I have leveled BLM, WAR, RDM, and WHM all to 50s in the past few weeks alone.

Ah, I see now. You have no life but this game, so you're able to dedicate every moment to it. My apologies, good sir. I wish you had told us sooner. :lol:

Yes I have a lot of time to spend on the game, how does this change the fact that you can form a party for just about any level range at any given time. If you just ask people instead of relying on current /inv status?

If you're looking for that, okay I just got off work I'm gonna hop on FFXI and get an exp party the second I log in. You might want to look into retail. Thats not how things have ever worked on old school ffxi. So again, we go back to the whole point of people just crying and bitching. Instead of just getting in a wide group of people, vocalizing they want to exp in a range, waiting and taking what you can get to form exp parties. Even dualboxing if you have to or multiple people dualboxing, to make it happen.

People are going out of their way, spending time and energy towards something they dislike, to find something to complain about. Bunch of damn children in adult costumes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next