Lobby: Up
Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:53 pm 

This is significantly less fun than I expected.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:54 am 

Reminder to take breaks to ensure that you don't burn out!

This isn't a request.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:23 pm 

Remember to do the Starlight quest; the Tidal talisman is incredibly useful. There should be a guide here for the previous years ones; should be able to just copy what those were. Just make sure to do the hometown one before any of the Jeuno ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:58 am 

It's been a few days! Happy new year! Don't worry, I'm not done here yet! A few other things in life have just taken my attention. Your bard shall return soon I promise~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:16 pm 

I'm enjoying your updates and it's making me itch to log in again. It's been a while. What time zone are you in? I've got the following under lvl 30 and might be tempted to team up (once I've finished The Last of Us 2): PLD, RNG, SMN, MNK, DRK, BRD, SAM, BLU.

FWIW have you considered trying BST? BRD/BST is actually a very interesting combo that I've used a few times at low lvls. They both benefit from CHR and having a pocket tank to help your squishy BRD out is great. LMK if you want more info. And check the link in my sig if you're still feeling like you could use some tips. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:03 am 

lolBST wrote:
I'm enjoying your updates and it's making me itch to log in again. It's been a while. What time zone are you in? I've got the following under lvl 30 and might be tempted to team up (once I've finished The Last of Us 2): PLD, RNG, SMN, MNK, DRK, BRD, SAM, BLU.

FWIW have you considered trying BST? BRD/BST is actually a very interesting combo that I've used a few times at low lvls. They both benefit from CHR and having a pocket tank to help your squishy BRD out is great. LMK if you want more info. And check the link in my sig if you're still feeling like you could use some tips. Best of luck!

Hiiii! Thanks for the reply. No I haven't tried Beastmaster! I've been kinda focusing on leveling bard with WHM right now. I do kinda wanna try out every class at some point, but I'm focusing on leveling bard so that I can get to content I haven't touched before. Not really in the mood to level from 1 again. Been doing that a lot. Never been past 30 before so anything beyond that would be completely new content for me.

I just logged on now for the first time in probably a week. Just been busy. I'm trying to become an author! Writing a book! Very exciting for me. :3 so I've been kinda fixating on that instead of playing FFXI. I hope you all understand! But I'm starting to get a bit more of a balance now so I'll be on and playing again~ More updates to come!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:37 am 

It's been a few hours, hello from a now level 25 bard! I have an MP regen song now!!! I'm gonna be drowning in mages.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:47 am 

I have achieved level 29 after a Qufim party with some nice folks both in and out of the Goonies Linkshell. I'm only about 1400 away from level 30. Thinking back on how I wanted to try and make my own harps by leveling Woodworking. Not my smartest idea. Gosh that was boring.

But it was nice being able to join some people and have some fun. As an early level bard, I wasn't exactly doing much. I feel like another strong melee class would have made things go faster. But hey, things are going by. I have Mages Ballad. I have Learned Etude. Maybe one day I'll get to be part of a burn party or something. Boost their Int and give them MP regen. Fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:53 pm 

So, I was trying to get the last 1400 exp to hit 30. At which point I was considering celebrating by streaming me doing as much of the Bastok missions as possible. But then I died. And then I died again. And after 2 hours of trying to grind, I gained a grand total of 200 EXP compared to where I started. Because I was solo and busy working on other things. Dealing with emails, trying to do real life things basically. At that point I just got tired and stopped. Maybe another time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:18 pm 

Yeah, that'll happen... It's rough, and if things aren't going well it's best to either switch from xp to something else, or to turn off FFXI for a bit. If you do keep at crafting, make sure to use a guide. You'll probably find a lot, of varying quality. I remember guides made by Ctownwoody being great because he was very thorough and present on most of the relevant sites.

Looks like you're in Ontario according to your profile. I'm in Vancouver and 3 hours behind you, so if you have an idea of when you're on next let me know and I'll log in.