Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:02 pm 

A better PC. A hankering for nostalgia, a craving for some partnership. It's been a few years since I tried out Nasomi, or an MMO. Figured I'd start a new character and try this again. Explore the world, level up. Try to properly learn some mechanics and make sure I remember to *equip a weapon* if I decide to play monk again.

Long story short, I'm starting fresh, can't remember a damn thing beyond hours spent in the desert and frame rate issues. I hope to see some of you around and just have a good time as long as I have the time to play here. I had a great time last time, met some wonderful people. Hope I can do that again with you fellas.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:25 pm 

I decided to start as a Tarutaru Red Mage. I just hit level 9 at the time of writing this. Been having fun. Walking around, talking to NPC's, giving treant bulbs and Flint Stones to some women in Bastok. Money was just as much of an issue as I remember it being. But I think that makes the satisfaction of acquiring new gear much more potent. I didn't think I could get so excited over buying new pants in a game!

It feels a bit lonely sometimes, but I met someone a few times and we waved, which was nice. But I know that the majority of players still here are hanging around at level 75, so I kinda expected the lonely feeling. I'm wondering if I'll be able to cobble together a party of grind in the desert later. I'm thinking about becoming a bard when I can pick up advanced jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:03 pm 

I've made friends, joined a Linkshell. Having a good time! Made some decent money off fire crystals on the Auction House. Thank you, Auction House Jeuno. I've spent the vast majority of my time in Southern Gustaberg. Without a decent HP pool, the best way for me to get EXP is to bully low level mobs because higher level foes just hurt way too much. Though I have managed to find success in Konschtat Highlands with my RDM. I'm hoping things get easier soon. Preferably once I hit 18 and get a sub job.

But I'm having a good time! I'm thinking of getting into nation missions soon once I hit 18. I think I remember someone saying that I can get inventory upgrades from it. But I dunno. I'm leveling WHM right now in preparation for the future.

I kinda miss monk though. That was fun. Maybe another time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:27 am 

I learned about the Empress Ring! Some people in the Linkshell I joined informed me about it after they were leveling significantly faster than I was during some shenanigans in the Valkurm Dunes. I'm so glad I learned about it. I also invited a friend to join the server and they've been having a great time with me. We get together and grind black mage every now and then. Worms and Bee's are a running joke in our conversations now. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes it's amazing. but it's overall, good fun.

As I type this I just hit level 25 RDM. Now, you might be asking. Smashgunner! Maestro! Last time you were talking you hadn't even hit level 18! Well, the kind people of this server invited me to do some XP grinding against Gigas Bats in the lower floors of the large Chains of Promethea tower. I went from level 15 to 24 over the course of 3 hours! It would have been more but I ran out of Empress Band charges :lol: I gotta say, all the issues I was having while playing before just...evaporated. Now that I have access to Fire and Blizzard, I'm capable of actually killing things that were an even match! Earlier in the 10's and late single digits, if something said 'even match' I couldn't fight them. My HP and damage were just too low. It's great to finally feel like I'm making progress. Becoming strong.

I spent today messing around. Leveling Black Mage with my friend, bullying crabs in the Valkurm Dunes. I know it's not exactly optimal, but I really wanted a full stack of Crab Shells and Land Crab Meat. 4 years ago when I last played, I was too shy to use the auction house, so I was perpetually broke. I ended up farming these crabs and selling their drops to merchants. So I guess I kinda just wanted to feel nostalgic for that. Shove the items in my mog house just to laugh at them later. It ended up being a good thing though, my leveling with my linkshell left me kinda empty on skills. So just nuking the crabs and Beach Pugils for an hour or two total ended up raising my elemental magic skill by like 20 levels! Rip exactly 69 damage blizzard.

Oh, and I got my Sub Job. I gotta say, the rush of seeing the boost to my HP when I equipped WHM felt great. I'm not as fragile anymore! I have 300 HP! Hurray!!!

Even though there are other servers out there (Yes, I know about Horizon. Please stop DMing me about it I'll smack you.) I'm having a great time. Maybe one day I'll try them, but right now, I'm comfortable having fun on Nasomi, where I started. I still wanna become a bard, and I kinda wanna take up Goldsmithing in the future just to supply the server with INT rings and whatnot. But that is, again, in the future.

I really wanna keep making these, as long as I don't get told to stop or anything. I'm still trying to do side quests and whatnot. I wanna share my experiences with you all. As a newish player with only basic knowledge of the game. I don't know the best spots of Qufim island, or optimal grinding outside of the Dunes. I only figured out how to make a macro work yesterday. But I'm trying my best, having a good time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:07 pm 

Fishing has been painful. I decided to try fishing because some pals told me it was a decent way to make money and I was sitting in Selbina after hitting level 25 so I was like 'Hey why not.'

I fished for two hours and got to 0.6 total skill. Haven't even hit 1. I'm sure it gets better right? Right? Right? ;-;

Anyways disregarding my poor fishing luck. I was thinking of making a trip to Jeuno and just exploring. I've only ever been there on 'business'. I've never actually talked to the NPC's or visited the shops. Only thing I know is there is the Gobbiebag quest.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:44 am 

I've gotta be honest, though I do love logging my progress on the server, and a number of people seem to enjoy it, I must confess that at least a small part of me is logging it because so much of the forum seems to just be clogged with spam or bots and I just kinda wanted to be a bit of genuine content in that storm of poor taste. So I'm gonna try and give updates. Maybe it'll end up being a start to end of a journey to max, who knows?

Since I'm typing this I might as well give an update. Leveling WHM right now. Hoping to just get 11 bare minimum. Not because I need it for something, but because I'm a taru and this is slow while solo.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:23 am 

I hope this isn't someone astroturfing; if genuine, these posts are great.

Really takes me back.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:23 am 

Bacardi wrote:
I hope this isn't someone astroturfing; if genuine, these posts are great.

Really takes me back.

What's Astroturfing? I'm being completely genuine. There are a number of people you can talk to about it. The ChocoboMarzuka Linkshell took me in and I've been having a wonderful time with them. I'm learning so much, they're wonderful people who're patient and wonderful to hang out with.

Edit: Okay I looked it up. I'm not sure what I would be trying to market. I can't really give you anything other than my word but I do go by Maestro in game, so if you see me around, feel free to wave!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:08 pm 

I don't think I'm gonna be leveling anything from 1 for a while. This has been absolute torture as a taru. I had a strangely good time leveling WHM from 10-12 in the zeruhn mines but I'm spending way too much time right next to bastok. I wanna keep leveling elsewhere. Solo or otherwise. At least Taru's look cute in robes. Makes the grinding just a touch easier.

I wanna keep leveling Red Mage, White Mage and Black Mage. All for various reasons. My overall plans aren't really concrete. I'm really just enjoying my time leveling and spending time with people. I do need to do Bastok missions soon, but I was planning on waiting and doing those with a friend who also wants to do them. I still need to head to Jeuno and get the chocobo license. Lotta stuff I need to do in the short term basically. Long term goals aren't there beyond 'Find a way to get the extremely expensive bard to level 75'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:02 pm 

Zeruhn Mines has kidnapped me and is holding me hostage until I reach 13 because I can't survive anywhere else. Taru's are so cute but god they can't survive early on ;-;