Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:39 am 

Lady's and Gentlemen. Guys and Gals. My Non-Binary Pals and insert a nice sounding term for those of you with Xenogenders because I haven't found any to steal (Still love you)

I hit level 30. My Red Mage has hit level 30. After 4 hours of bullying helpless Thread Leeches, Goobue's and the occasionaly Gadfly and

CRAAAAAAAAB

I have hit 30. Thank you to Ahriman the local streamer friend for babysitting me and showing me the power of a level 75 bard. That's all I've done today. As I type this, I have done NOTHING but bully the monsters of Pashhow Marshland and occasionally run away from a pissed off Bogy or Water elemental.

However, I have...heartbreaking news. My friends, my family...The Bard NPC is broken. Mertaire, that heartbroken jackass WON'T TALK TO ME.

IS IT BECAUSE I'M SHORT. IS HE TOO BUSY WALLOWING OVER GETTING BROKEN UP WITH TO SEE ME. I'LL BREAK HIS KNEECAPS.

But in all seriousness. I kinda wanted to cry earlier. Why won't he speak to me ;-; I just wanna be a bard. I'll do all the work I swear ;-; please game let me become bard. He's just a broken NPC for me. Refuses to acknowledge me just like so many other NPC's. Am I doing something wrong? I've logged out and back in. I've changed jobs and changed back. I've patiently waited. I don't like being ignored (v.v) help

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:46 am 

I've never seen this person in my life. How have I apparently done something for her. Very confused

Attachments:
Maestro_2022.12.21_044428.png
Maestro_2022.12.21_044428.png [ 900.94 KiB | Viewed 17437 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:54 am 

Smashgunner wrote:
I've never seen this person in my life. How have I apparently done something for her. Very confused

So you're going to want to go into your menu and under misc. 2 change your background aspect ratio.

If the resolution you run this game is 1366x720 like the screenshot then you'll want to change it to 16:9. This isn't a perfect fit for your resolution, it'd actually be better if you ran at 1280x720, but it's still much closer to how the game is intended to be viewed.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:50 am 

Dear Shy People in my computer.

After dying several times, and needing to grind back up to level 30 twice. TWICE. I've done it. I've accomplished what I set out to do days ago. I've become a bard.

I'm going to be hanging out in Bastok. Just trying to level up. Most of my time is probably gonna be spent in the mines after I gain a level or two. I've got two and a half stacks of Meat Jerky. An OBS set up to stream my experiences, and a whole world to take on. Maybe if I'm lucky when I leave I'll have a stack of Darksteel Ore to sell! Who knows!

Gosh I'm excited. Gonna be doing missions for Bastok, sidequests, learning new songs, fighting notorious monsters. Hopefully joining a few parties. It's gonna be great!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:21 am 

Not feeling very good today friends.

I'm currently a level 12 bard. Still grinding. Not really in the mood to embellish and fill it with wonder. Sorry. Felt like I should update you all anyways. I've mined up 7 pieces of Darksteel ore which is neat.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:38 am 

Was a good duo with you Mr. Maestro. Fun stuff all around.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:39 pm 

Merry Crimbo! Wait no that was a while ago lol.

Level 17 bard here. Kinda wanna head to Sandoria to train up woodworking or whatever it's called. Just because I think that'd be fun. Probably gonna try and level it so that I can make my own harps. That seems like fun.

It still feels so quiet here. Mostly because I have trouble getting parties even though I've joined the Goonies. The server has just been around for so long that not many people are properly leveling. Ah well. I knew what I was signing up for.

Next time I play, I'm probably gonna be trying out missions for Bastok. Sorry for taking so long for another post!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:57 pm 

Congrats on becoming a bard, do you take song requests?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:19 pm 

Yeah that'll be 50 billion gil per second.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:46 am 

Level 20 Bard Maestro here! I was level 21 but then I died twice trying to get to Sandoria.

As I write this I'm kinda just hanging out in the woodworking guild or whatever it's called. I wanna level this up. Not because of any money making reasons. I just think it'll be a fun skill to level. Possibly even useful in the future. Making instruments for my Bard, possibly spears at some point if I dare try that. Basically? I'm just here to have fun. Take a break from the exp grind. Just mess around. I made 80k off my auction house shenanigans and put that on top of my 800k in cash from a random person leaving for horizon. So I'm willing to pay a bit for the mats.

Just sneezed so hard it hurt.

Anyways. That's the goal right? Having fun no matter what it is?

Seriously though. If Woodworking is used for something that people need, tell me. I love the idea of being able to craft items people might need in the future.