Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

I would thank everyone for helping give a real stress test on fishing this past weekend. I was able to collect a great deal of data regarding where the bugs still are, progression rates, and glitches in the system. This would have taken infinitely longer had I just done it myself, so you got to be my test subjects.

Since not everyone got the memo, fishing is currently capped at level 10 until I can revisit the skill-up rate. Some fish can be caught even at a low level, even though they should not be able to be caught. I will be spending the week working out the bugs and fine tuning the content. I should have a new version ready around Thursday and if all goes well, I will uncap fishing so that you can level it properly.

There will be some deviations from retail on fishing, so you can't wiki everything for the answers. Please post any additional useful feedback you have below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:44 pm 

I don't know if this will be useful? you probably have this info already.. but there is a great database for fishing besides wiki, what i've always used, so thought i'd share

http://www.great-blue.jp/?lng=en

also, did you mean that you are making intentional to deviations from retail? which i am entirely fine with this if you are, as it does refresh the game a bit, just curious i guess ^^

ignore or delete if this post is in the way, or if im posting this in the wrong place?

much <3 Nasomi, your doin awesome, thank you for all your hard work :)

Edit:
Did see a weird thing yesterday? When i ran out of bait, one of my peices of gear removed itself (fisherman's hose, insect balls, and halycon rod)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:14 pm 

The only thing I noticed when Fishing was a significant frame rate loss when going from Caught Fish back to normal UI. I only crashed once after catching a fish from 2 hours of fishing, but it was right after I got the message I caught one. Really that's the only thing I really found a problem with was the massive frame rate drop.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:17 pm 

I noticed that the fishing tables weren't the same as retails.

Example.
Fishing on the NE shore in Qufim Island using a minnow, would normally only catch Gigant Squid and Bluetail. But I was also getting Three-Eyed Fish.
Not sure if that's intentional or a bug.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:48 pm 

Lv 6 fishing skill and what I've noticed:
-every skill up says you gained a lv and will list your current t lv. This also updates your skill lv in the menu but adjusts correctly after zoning.
- crashed after catching a fish that had dialogue about the fish chomps down on the line! Or so.thing to that manner.
- I skill of moat carp even after Lv5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:07 am 

Ok so did some monitoring on the FPS glitch when switching UIs from casting back to normal.

1) CPU usage did not vary much at all, 1%/2% is all I really saw, the occasional spike but never correlated with Fishing in FFXI.

2) GPU usage never seemed to spike during fishing either. Seemed stable the entire time.

3) I did notice that the command /fps (divisor) always reset too /fps 2. Literally every time after casting it would reset.

4) Memory Usage never moved.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:02 am 

People have reported that if you have a full inventory and fish. When you catch something it acts like you've caught the fish but doesn't give you an inventory full or no space message.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:59 pm 

Any updates on fishing? And when moat carp will be relevant again so i didn't waste my time farming them.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:41 am 

A few minutes before this post my character froze in the fishing animation after casting the line. It was in the Silver Sea route to Al Zahbi zone on the boat. I was able to unfreeze my character by simply waiting for the boat to zone.

Elvtin wrote:
People have reported that if you have a full inventory and fish. When you catch something it acts like you've caught the fish but doesn't give you an inventory full or no space message.

I can confirm this ^ happened to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:53 pm 

exelyon wrote:
A few minutes before this post my character froze in the fishing animation after casting the line. It was in the Silver Sea route to Al Zahbi zone on the boat. I was able to unfreeze my character by simply waiting for the boat to zone.

We're currently experiencing a bug with it, it's being worked on. Announcements come via facebook and twitter, please follow one of them for important information. ~ Nasomi

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=336