Lobby: Up
Online: 51
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:41 pm 

After todays update - 5-18-2016
The Skill-ups are still showing the same as before.
Gives the skill-up points and then your skill level.

Wasn't sure if this was intended to be changed but wanted to show it.

I am also able to still catch Fish way outside my skill level without issues.

Edit:
I've noticed tonight (5-19-2016) that I'm getting more 'You lost your catch due to your lack of skill.' messages but I'm still able to catch Gigant Squids at skill lvl 14.

Last edited by Elvtin on Fri May 20, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:36 pm 

Depending which Fishing version that's being done.
From my understanding the current version has specific messages when you catch specific types of fish/items/monsters.
I've noticed so far that when I fish up items that I don't always get the item for a message.

What I normally get as a message, for an item.

Message based on the current fishing system, for an item.
Entry taken from the wiki - http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Well that wouldn't be very fun would it? Gotta mix it up a bit. SE's latest fishing version is like SE's latest xp version. It's DDR for your fingers, tap left, right, enter. It's terrible, and I'll not have it. Old fishing will return!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:42 pm 

I think fishing is a bit broken I used the Halycon rod or however it's spelled in bastock in the little sewer area to catch crayfish with a little worm it broke the rod I'm pretty sure it never did that in a town or pond on retail.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

Mm fish.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 9127 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 am 

It appears that Fishing up a monster on the Ferry to Al Zahbi will cause you to R0.
No monster spawns either.

Has happened 3x so far, on each monster I've fished up.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:00 am 

I've also noticed that while watching other players fish, I can't see when they've gotten a bite.

They just stay in the idle fishing position the entire time.

I remember you could see when a player had a fish on the line. Would see their rod bouncing around.

Dunno if this matters or not atm.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:08 pm 

Darthorious wrote:
I think fishing is a bit broken I used the Halycon rod or however it's spelled in bastock in the little sewer area to catch crayfish with a little worm it broke the rod I'm pretty sure it never did that in a town or pond on retail.

Which of bastok's zones and body of water? Black Eels can be caught in Bastok Markets and they will break Halcyon rods using a Little Worm. I believe "Bastok Markets (Storage of Water, Waterway)" might be applicable to "little sewer area".

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:12 am 

Ruzhyo wrote:
Darthorious wrote:

Which of bastok's zones and body of water? Black Eels can be caught in Bastok Markets and they will break Halcyon rods using a Little Worm. I believe "Bastok Markets (Storage of Water, Waterway)" might be applicable to "little sewer area".

No that I would expect it's in the Bastock mines area against the walls when heading towards the mines there is sewer pipes that have water running out of them into a little reservoir area against the walls you can fish there and it's normally limited to rusty items and crayfish.

I checked different data bases and it is listed the same as I remember.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:09 pm 

Since the 6-4-2015 maintenance/update it appears that Canceling a cast will result in the Zone crashing.

I am also still unable to trade a Monke-Onke to Thubu Parohren in Port Windurst, to break the 50 cap.

Also I feel that I'm receiving the 'Lost catch due to skill' to much now.

I was testing things in Qufim Island and when trying to pull in BlueTail I received the 'lost catch due to skill', what i feel, was about 50% or more of the time.
My fishing skill is currently capped at 50. The Bluetail is a 55 skill fish, according to this site - http://www.great-blue.jp/?fid=039&lng=en

Edit - After doing more fishing I may have just had a bad luck bit. I've been reliable catching Bluetail for about an hour now.

I honestly don't remember how frequent often one should get the 'lost catch due to skill' message or how far away from current skill one should get this message though.

Edit:
It does also appear that you lose stackable bait and lures when you cancel a fish.
Stackable bait I know you would lose on cancels. Losing a Lure to a cancel though is new, so not sure if that's intended or not.