Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next

How did you find us?
Google 31%  31%  [ 216 ]
Youtube 17%  17%  [ 118 ]
Facebook 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
Reddit 13%  13%  [ 92 ]
FFXI/RPG Forum 8%  8%  [ 55 ]
Friend/Family 22%  22%  [ 150 ]
Old LS mates 5%  5%  [ 32 ]
Total votes: 688
 Post subject: Re: How did you find us?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:35 pm 

Aperture wrote:
I was just thinking,

Perhaps it may be beneficial to start sharing more media from the server to show that we are active and highly functional. Not going to lie, I was almost turned off by the nasomi.com front page at first by how outdated it seems. Perhaps it does not have this effect on others, but I do remember being skeptical about this server actually working when I first checked it out.

I had the same experience.

I can't remember how I discovered the server... YouTube/forum comments... ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 pm 

FFXI Emulator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:40 am 

Watched a Twitch stream of FFXI, and although the gentleman was playing on Asura, I mentioned about getting back into the game. I only tried it once for a month or two when it was first released in the states with the original FFXI plus RotZ expansion. He mentioned I should try this server since it was old school and didn't require a cost. I've been here ever since.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:49 am 

ditto on the site updates.. would be nice if there was some community management.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:17 pm 

Like a lot of the others posting here I googled "FFXI private server" and found my way here from the page listing darkstar servers. Nasomi stuck out to me as it was like the only one w/o increased exp rates, free gil, auto-stocked AH, etc...

Also, as others have stated front page seemed outdated at the time, forums being active made the decision to try it out an easy one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:19 pm 

4chan. Lot of idiots there. Wouldn't go too hard on the marketing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:14 am 

So, I haven't "joined" yet. I joined these forums last night after googling "Private FFXI Server". I thought of FFXI on a whim. I played for about 6 years and ran my own LS for a long time. I did HNMs and end game. I made friendships that are still strong today. After studying the first few results, Nasomi seemed like a good choice. Then I read the rules and got majorly turned off by the mandated separation of RL to game life. I then searched for "Best FFXI private servers". This one was on the list again. Then I actually googled "Nasomi FFXI too strict?" and started reading some forums and got some questions answered. After a little clarification, I am going to give this a shot. I am excited.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:43 am 

Like a few others I was listening to FFXI OST on youtube and some comments mentionned this server.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:52 am 

Naimah wrote:
Like a few others I was listening to FFXI OST on youtube and some comments mentionned this server.

Same case, though I found a video advertising this server. Playing FFXI for free? I can't say no. And I haven't played retail coz of that. Fees. I am on student life when it was freshly released. So...yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:06 pm 

I found this Server by scrolling through old youtube videos I had saved years ago from when I played FFXI retail. From there, I saw in my "recommendation" window on Youtube, the Nasomi server, and how one would go about setting it up. Not more than 2 days later, I had this installed on my laptop and I was playing it like old times again.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 621 Next