Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1421 Next

How did you find us?
Google 31%  31%  [ 216 ]
Youtube 17%  17%  [ 118 ]
Facebook 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
Reddit 13%  13%  [ 92 ]
FFXI/RPG Forum 8%  8%  [ 55 ]
Friend/Family 22%  22%  [ 150 ]
Old LS mates 5%  5%  [ 32 ]
Total votes: 688
 Post subject: Re: How did you find us?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 am 

A reply to a review on Steam for FFXI that pretty much reflected what I briefly saw of what the official servers have become which is basically a bunch of BS with all the challenge removed. Somebody replied with a link here and that gave me some hope that it might be possible to relive the days where I was in avid player of the game in the early to mid-2000s on the Garuda and Pandemonium servers. I was a level 75 WHM/BLM/SMN/NIN and above 50 on most of the jobs. I wouldn't have the time that I used to have to play but it would still be nice to have the old-school gameplay back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:41 pm 

Was actually kind of a mix of Google and YouTube.

Initially I googled something like "ffxi 2018" and got hits about people returning to FFXI in 2017/2018. Watched some of the YouTube videos. Then H4G's channel started popping up in my Roku YouTube app about playing XI and found myself watching a lot of his stuff so subscribed to his channel.

Then one day the recommended list on the Roku had a hit for a video about the Nasomi private server. Think it was about common settings or something... was like wth? Seemed to recall they were too unstable back in the day...

Spent some time at the site/forums, kicked it around with a few friends... decided to be the guinea pig. Set it up last night, and had a blast getting lost around Bastok region on my way to 5 MNK.

Circa 2012 Asus G75VX laptop, running a steady 29/30 fps every bit as strong as my gaming rig ran it back in the days of TAU/WotG. Granted, I did play 14 on that laptop for a couple years... but I was relieved to find we would not need a beast to run this. Which means I may be able to round up some more old farts to check this out.

Now trying to get the word out to some old LS members from Carbuncle. Managed to keep up with a few through PSN. Who knows... maybe we can get the band back together?

/psyched

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:24 am 

On RageZone i believe it was on the last page of private server advertisement.

I remember wanting to play this decades ago never thought this big game will end up being a private server.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm 

Decided to look into private servers through Google but learned about Nasomi through Reddit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 am 

Twitch.tv

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 pm 

Twitch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 pm 

Youtube made me come here with the videos they had hoping to relive some of the old day. Actually blew the dust out of the old PC to see if it was up to the task..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 am 

found via google search keyword was "ffxi 75 private server", which did not turn up any results but "nasomi ffxi" was in the 'also searched' at the bottom, which seemed promising.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 am 

hi everyone im pretty excited to be playing ffxi again it's been an extremely long time for me since the last time i set eyes on this game but very excited to grind it out all over again. i was just sitting here thinking about mmos that really left a impression on me and the only one i could really think about was this one so i started youtubing ffxi vids and eventually came upon one with nasomi and i just had to give it a shot its currently downloading and i will be playing soon, hopefully i meet some friendly people to go on some adventures with :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 pm 

I was referred here by the friend of mine that got me started in FFXI to begin with.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1421 Next