Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:32 pm 

I camped both of these mobs for two characters because I remembered what a useful piece this is for lowbie THF and BLU. I main BST so I had access to widescan pretty much the entire time I camped it.

My initial strategy was to hang out in Konschtat during New/Full moons and run around the spawn areas listed in the FFXIclopedia wiki. I did this every new and full moon for what seems like a couple of months. I never saw either mob this way, and after a while I just gave up. I did, however, continue to spam widescan every time I was in Konschtat (usually teleporting, or running from Bastok to Valkurm) and made the following observations:

1) The pop rate for both mobs seems far lower than on retail.
2) I always see Bendegeit Vran in the same place on widescan: the 'four corners' area of H-7/H-8/G-7/G-8 near where Steelfleece seems to always be. Whenever I locate him visually he's just standing there and not wandering around as on retail.
3) The spawn window seems to be dusk to dawn as for retail; I have never seen either mob during the day.
4) The moon phase spawn condition seems reversed relative to retail; I have never seen either mob during New or Full moon, but usually somewhere in the middle.
5) I see Haty even less often, and only near the intersection of F-9 and G-9

If you are camping these mobs, I'd recommend simply checking the spawn areas above every time you pass thorough them at night; doing that you'll eventually get them. It might take you a while though. Explicit camping might get you there faster but I'd wager it will be a long wait. You might also let friends and LS mates know you're looking for them and ask them to let you know if they encounter either mob by chance. Good luck!

Pachy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:01 pm 

my kingdom for AGI+1

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:53 am 

Don't mean to bump an old post, but this was very helpful for me in finding this NM.
Found Haty at his western pop area during waning moon phase. He was the only NM up at the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:27 pm 

They both spawn randomly during their respective windows, but the moon phase does not matter. Just check at night in their normal spawn areas, you'll find them eventually.

Twitch
Siren Roll Call~!
Siren Server Community FB Group - Formerly known as sirenffxi.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:26 am 

Just killed Bendigeit.
In his regular spawn spot (H-8), 0% New moon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:10 pm 

Just killed at 69% Moon Phase. Follow what wiki's say about location, but ignore the "full moon" part. It appears he can spawn at any moon phase on Nasomi. Just got my Rogetsurin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 pm 

Logged in to find Haty up. Killed Haty during Waxing Crescent (14%) @ 20:53 @ G-8.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:35 pm 

Logged in this morning with New Moon 7% and Vran popped shortly after. I camped periodically the past three days during different phases with no luck until this morning. I have read conflicting reports so just wanted to report that it did spawn during a full moon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:40 am 

After spending 6 hours without a single Haty spawn yesterday (Full Moon!), randomly went to Konschtat today and got both NMs at 50% Last Quarter Moon.

Attachment:
Jolle_2021.04.29_092214.png
Jolle_2021.04.29_092214.png [ 78.09 KiB | Viewed 2071 times ]